Release Notes for Mac OS X
Release Date August 7, 2018
- Enpass connection error with Opera extension: Fixes an issue of connection with Opera extension, which emerged after Opera changed the signing certificate of browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Enpass browser extensions were not working in the beta versions of macOS Mojave.
Release Date April 30, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then 'Check if pwned' in the context menu.
- Fixes an issue where Enpass was showing an empty database to some of our users when they unlock the Enpass with Touch-ID after the system wakes up from the sleep mode.
Release Date Jan 8, 2018
- Autocopy the TOTP to Clipboard: Signing into your online accounts that require TOTP has never been easier as Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP from the item to clipboard after autofilling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: Yes, with this update you'll be able to autofill the HTTP authentication dialogs in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your system by just creating a system wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Fixed an issue where few of you guys were facing the app crash on the app startup or even while syncing with the cloud account.
- Fixed an issue where you were facing the problem in importing your items saved in non-English characters from the Roboform and Lastpass password managers.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Oct 3, 2017
- Added Support for Firefox WebExtensions:- We all know that the add-on SDK will be the past soon. Moving on with the Firefox, we'll soon gonna come up with the WebExtension version of the Enpass extension that will work with this update. And yes, this update will not only work with the WebExtensions but the legacy add-ons as well.
Your Mac from now on can also support the Beta, Developer and Nightly builds of Firefox.
- Brushes away a bug that was stuck to Enpass in any of last releases where the clipboard was getting cleared even if it is disabled from security settings.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date Sep 18, 2017
- Minor bug fixes.
- Localization improvements.
Release Date July 19, 2017
- Improved generic CSV/DSV import.
- Fixes an issue in import from 1Password .pif file where it was taking a longer time to import the data.
- Fixes an issue where clicking on dock icon was not restoring the minimized Enpass.
Release Date July 14, 2017
- Added import from 1Password .csv file. For Mac users, we recommend to import using .1pif file, because the .csv exported file does not contain the custom fields.
- Some of you fine people were not able to import data from .1pif exported from 1Password. Now fixed.
- Fixes an issue where the data copied from Enpass extension was not being cleared from clipboard after the specified time interval.
- Squashed some other minor bugs.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API - Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync smooth and intact we've implemented the new v2 API.
- Improved functionality of Importing data from other password managers.
- There was an issue faced by some fine users of Enpass where multiple files were created on iCloud account leading to crash. Fixed now.
Release Date May 23, 2017
- Error 403 with Firefox extension: This update fixes the issue of connection establishment between Firefox extension and Enpass app, which has just emerged after Mozilla has changed the signing certificate of Firefox browser making it sound as alien for Enpass, leading to connection error.
Release Date May 11, 2017
- Enpass connection error with Chrome browser extension: Google has recently changed the signing certificate of Chrome browser due to which Enpass was not validating it as an authorized browser and throws Enpass connection error. Fixed.
Release Date April 24, 2017
- Improved behavior of copying to clipboard: Now Enpass copies text on clipboard with a tag, protecting the data from being read from clipboard by any other app.
- Memory cleanup for added security of data.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- Touch ID and Touch Bar support: Now unlock the Enpass with your fingerprint on the Touch ID-supported MacBook Pro. Also, you will see the enhanced controls in the Touch Bar of your MacBook Pro.
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable updates & analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- CSV/DSV Import- A very rare but critical bug that may lead to undefined behavior for any user action on any specific field of item imported using generic CSV/DSV importer. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue when syncing with Google Drive used to stop due to the creation of multiple database files in Drive. Now sync will continue to function with the latest Enpass database. Expect more improvements to come in future builds.
- There was an issue with File chooser dialog which when invoked over Preferences window, and then user let the Enpass auto locks. Unlocking will the let the Enpass user interface in unstable state. Fixed and checked.
- Fixed an issue where EnpassHelper gets crashed while unlocking browser extension with quick unlock PIN.
- An issue where enabling sync with WebDAV/ownCloud was stuck at connecting has been fixed.
- Enpass in Mavericks was crashing while exporting data. Fixed and checked.
- Autosave dialog of Enpass helper used to behave aberrantly by fluctuating once from localized to the English language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue while importing TOTP fields from 1Password.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Jan 4, 2017
Release Date Dec 21, 2016
- Quick PIN support: Set an alphanumeric PIN to quickly unlock Enpass if the App is already running in the background, otherwise, master password will be required.
- Autobackups: Now Enpass can take backup of your data automatically locally on your device. By default, this feature would be enabled.
- CSV/DSV Import: If you’re having your passwords and login details in CSV or any other delimiter separated file, you can now import them in Enpass using the all new custom CSV/DSV data importer.
- zxcvbn will show the strength of your passwords: We have empowered the password strength indicator with Dropbox zxcvbn to check you from choosing weak passwords.
- Selective field sharing: Sharing has gone better with an option to choose the fields to be shared rather than the whole item. So now you can share your bank details with anyone by removing login and other sensitive details. Cool, huh!
- Subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, "1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last" by just mentioning their position in a specified format.
- More auto-locking options: Added various auto-locking options under security settings of Enpass to lock on system sleep, screensaver, and Fast-user switching.
- A better way to organize items: You can now create sub-folders by right clicking on parent folder in sidebar with an additional feature to move subfolders among parent folders by ‘drag n drop’. We have also improved the drag ’n’ drop behavior for moving items between categories and folders where now you also get the option of copying them (instead of moving only) by pressing and holding the ‘option’ key.
- Beta builds (Website version only): Added an option to enable notifications for getting the new Beta builds, when available. Interested Enpassians can enable it from Enpass settings and they will be notified with Release notes and download link. A nice way to stay updated about “Whats new” in coming release.
- Setting up a shortcut for autofilling: We have changed the way you used to setup the shortcut key for autofilling in browsers. Now instead of defining it in main Enpass App, you have to configure it in your browser extensions independently.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Enpass will now show a security warning message (while syncing) to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Error -120: Fixed an issue where Enpass shows error -120 while syncing esp. when the system wakes from sleep.
- Launching of the wrong URL from Helper: There was an issue with the items having multiple URLs, where, when a user tried to launch the second URL from Helper window (as one displayed on clicking extension icon), the first URL was always launched. Fixed.
- Problem while establishing connection to an extension on Mac having multiple users: Clicking on extension icon was throwing Error (403 or unverified browser) as it was trying to connect with Enpass App executed by another user (in case a user has just fast-switched from another user account). It was not the expected behavior for the user who hasn’t actually installed Enpass App in his account. Fixed.
- Fixes an issue of high CPU usage while syncing with WebDAV.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Aug 2, 2016
- Added Enpass extension support for Vivaldi browser. If you are already using Vivaldi browser with browser verification disabled, please enable the verification.
- Added import from Intel True key password manager.
- Diceware in Password generator - The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols.
- TOTP support for all categories except Secure Notes.
- Auto-fill support for all items - Along with logins, now you can auto-fill all types of items having a valid URL, username and password on login pages.
- Now you can use defined shortcut keys to copy username, password or to launch the url, from selected item in Enpass Extension (Helper).
- Added password length indicator on Edit page.
- Improvements in importing data from Roboform and Keepass.
- Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode
- Progress wheel keeps rotating while sync operation.
- Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed.
- The issue in using Enpass browser extensions in macOS Sierra has been fixed. (Mac App Store version only)
- Fixed an issue where clicking 'continue' button was not working, while restoring Database from iCloud on Enpass welcome screen. (Mac App Store version only)
- Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that it was consuming high memory comparatively.
- Fixed an issue where 'update' button in browser extension was getting disabled, while changing a password on website.
- Fixed an issue where focus on browser window was lost as soon as Enpass extension goes away.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Version 5.2.1 (Mac App Store)
Version 5.2.0 (Website)
Release Date April 15, 2016
* TOTP Support - From now on you don't need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
* Open at login - Enpass can now start automatically with every system start.
* Hiding dock icon - Optionally you can hide Enpass from dock when main window is closed.
* New Import: Added import from Pocket, 1Password OPVault and Password Depot.
* Catalan language added.
* Unlike before you will now be able to see the item details from Extension.
* Improvements in importing data from SafeInCloud and Keepass.
* Sync issue with WebDAV/ownCloud fixed for self signed certificates.
* Other Minor issues
Release Date Jan 27, 2016
Enpass extension for Opera: Enpass extension support is added for Opera browser.
New Imports: Imports from some other password managers are added.
Hiding menu bar icon: An option to hide menu bar icon is added now.
* The issue in using browser extension with dual monitor has been fixed.
* Implemented new API of OneDrive for better syncing.
* Syncing to WebDAV is improved.
* Minor improvements in User Interface.
Release Date Oct 8, 2015
* Browser Extension Support (Website version only)- Now enjoy hassle free browsing on Chrome and Firefox using Enpass Extension that will make you forget your passwords forever. It autofills your logins and credit cards, detects and saves new logins, assists in changing passwords and seamless integration with browser. You can Install browser extensions from “Enpass Setings->Browser->Install Browser extensions”. For more info visit “http://www.enpass.io/enpass-browser-extension/“
* Password Audit- Now no reason to be lazy for changing weak and old passwords. You don't need to manually scan every item for vulnerable passwords. Password audit feature gives you a quick eye over all such passwords with just a click.
* Added manual proxy settings.
* More import options- Now import your data from Password Padlock and Password Gorilla.
* UI- New rounded icons.
* Password generator- Password generator will now keep a history of latest five generated+copied passwords with timestamps and domains (in case of password is generated+copied in extension).
* Data importing- Improved importing data from 1Password.
* Many UI improvements.
* Issues in syncing with WebDAV/ownCloud.
Release Date June 4, 2015
1. Toolbar icons for Retina Display in Yosemite fixed.
2. WebDAV/ownCloud connection bug fixed.
3. Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 21, 2015
1. Fresh Toolbar looks for Yosemite.
2. Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
3. Shows last modified date in Details.
4. Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
5. Hide/Show SubTitles.
6. Improved Password Strength detector.
7. Improved Search functionality.
8. Improved Translations.
9. Other bug fixes.
Release Date March 09, 2015
1. New app icon.
2. Folder sync support added.
3. Copy from note bug fixed.
4. SafeInCloud import added.
5. Clear clipboard bug fixed.
6. Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
* Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
* Autolock mechanism improved.
* Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
* Strength indicators added to all passwords.
* Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
* Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
* Sync now supports all major clouds (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box ).
* See your cloud account details on sync page.
* See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
* Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
* Default item fields can be deleted.
* Hide categories/folders in sidebar.
* Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
* Item fields can be reordered.
* Category of items can be changed.
* Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
* Subfolder support added.
* Importing from other password mangers is now automatic and quick.
* Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
* More keyboard shortcuts added.
Release Date October 27, 2014
1. iCloud Drive Compatibility added for iOS 8.
2. Yosemite UI issues fixed.
3. Added localization for Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
4. Previous localizations improved.
Release Date April 30, 2014
1. Launcher icon changed.
2. Import from more password managers
3. Generic CSV import added.
4. Ability to add custom fields to an item.
5. Ability to edit label or type of an item.
6. Ability to hide categories from sidebar.
7. Status bar to show last sync time.
8. Ability to add folders to sidebar.
9. Ability to change icons of folders.
10. New square colorful icons for items.
11. New templates added and improvements in existing ones.
12. Ability to change an item icon.
13. Option to disable audio feedback while login.
14. Ambiguous characters removed from password generator.
15. Performs deep search in item fields on pressing enter.
16. Ability to create items within folders and add to it.
17. Ability to create items within favorites and add to it.
18. Many Other UI improvements.
19. Long field values ellipses bug fixed.
20. Incorrect search results bug for non-english language fixed.
21. Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 19, 2014
1. Fixes for data compatibility with next major update.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 17, 2014
1. Keyboard shortcuts fixed.
2. Keepass import bug fixed.
3. Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 19, 2013
1. iCloud restore and sync bug fixed.
2. Translations corrections.
3. Import incorrect line endings bug fixed.
4. Import from LastPass, Keeper, eWallet added.
Release Date Dec. 6, 2013
1. Russian translation improved.
2. Change password disables screen bug fixed.
3. Update notification improved.
4. Share option is hidden for non compatible Macs.
5. https url launch failure bug fixed.
6. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Nov. 27, 2013
1. Import fixed for languages other than English.
2. Search field auto clear on category selection.
3. Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Nov. 19, 2013
1. Initial release.