Beta Release Notes for Portable
Release Date April 28, 2021
Good day everyone! This Enpass update has a new, improved Audit Section!
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- Various UI improvements. The settings screen will show tabs at the bottom for faster switching.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Show/Hide menu option in settings for the classic theme.
- Fixed sync issues with Onedrive and Dropbox.
- Few of you reported issues with frequent crashes on Enpass for Linux.
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- On launching from the System tray, the maximized window of Enpass was not minimizing.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Few of you reported text getting truncated on the item detail page with a particular Scaling and resolution setting.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes.
Release Date May 06, 2020
- Website icons aka Favicons: Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs.
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: A section for the passwords which are Pwned (compromised in a hack) under the Password Audit sections. The app will securely check all your passwords against the list of breached passwords in the past (via haveibeenhacked.com), and if found, the compromised passwords will appear under this section, which we recommend should be changed immediately.
- Classic View: Many of our Windows users still loving the Classic View and demanded the same for Enpass. And here it is. For Windows 7 and 8 the app by default run in the Classic theme and for Windows 10 you need to enable it from the app Settings > Customize > Theme > Select the Classic option and restart the app.
- Password subset: The feature makes a comeback, Enpass now lets you see certain characters of a password as specified by position. For example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: Now in addition to the JSON & TXT we also support exporting your data in the CSV format.
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Enhanced the UI for light themes.
- Windows clipboard history won’t have any data copied from Enpass app.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Enhanced Import from other password managers: We have tweaked the import functionality, which will make Migration of your data from other (not so good) password managers to Enpass a cake walk.
- Tag Suggestions: Better tag suggestions, the app will auto-suggest the existing tags (along with the parent of the tag) as soon as you start trying them.
- Password Readability: This update improves the readability of Passwords against the light/dark backgrounds with a new color combination for the Digits, Uppercase, and Symbols.
- Option to clear ‘Recent items’ from the app: Now you can clear the list of Recent items from the app’s Menu bar.
- Exporting Trashed & Archived items: Enpass now also supports exporting your Trashed or Archived items, tick the check boxes for Trashed & Archived while exporting to a desired format.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
- Icon of Enpass app not visible in light theme at Notification area.
- Fixed few issue with folder sync.
- Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
- User reported an issue with the Section name case being changed while editing.
- Issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in list.
- Issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant.
- A glitch in UI where the app window was getting cut off while creating a new item in the custom templates. Fixed.
- A bug which was impeding users from adding an attachment if the attachment had % symbol in its name. Fixed.
- A bug in the manual proxy configuration didn’t allow some users to configure the cloud sync has been resolved.
- The custom icons weren’t resized or cropped appropriately. Fixed.
- A UI bug where enabling/disabling the checkbox of ‘Autosubmit Login’ in Enpass Browser settings didn’t display the actual state. Fixed.
- If a Multiline field was marked as sensitive, then the information wasn’t concealed with bullets in the edit page. Fixed.
- While creating a new Tag, or sub-tag the focus automatically got back to the previously selected list in the Sidebar. Fixed.
- While re-ordering the fields, the scroller on the edit item page wasn’t moving with the field which was being re-ordered. Fixed.
- While printing the database, the app didn’t sort the database in the correct alphabetic order. Fixed.
- While copying or moving an item from one vault to another, the information saved in the Web form wasn’t copied/moved to the item in new vault. Fixed.
- For the Note category, clicking Ctrl+C in the Enpass Assistant didn’t copy the selected information. Fixed.
Release Date March 29, 2019
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have the support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers excellent autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have a super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field: Like password fields, you can now see the history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- Dark theme: Added support for dark mode on macOS Mojave and Linux.
- A separate section under the ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look at all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or liked Tags, and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can review the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from the ‘Audit’ tab when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike the older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.