Beta Release Notes for Portable
Release Date March 29, 2019
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have the support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers excellent autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have a super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field: Like password fields, you can now see the history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- Dark theme: Added support for dark mode on macOS Mojave and Linux.
- A separate section under the ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look at all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or liked Tags, and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can review the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from the ‘Audit’ tab when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike the older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.