Release Notes for Portable
Release Date Mar 15, 2018
- Autocopy TOTP to Clipboard: Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP to clipboard after auto-filling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: With this update, you'll be able to autofill the basic HTTP authentication dialogues in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your Windows and MAC systems by just creating a system-wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Added Support for Firefox WebExtensions: We've released the WebExtension version of the Enpass extension for Portable Enpass. You just need to download the WebExtension from our website, and you're good to go.
- Brushes away a bug that was stuck to Enpass in any of last releases where the clipboard was getting cleared even if it is disabled from security settings.
- Added import from 1Password .csv file.
- Some of you fine people were not able to import data from .1pif exported from 1Password. Now fixed.
Fixes an issue where users were facing problem in importing data saved in non-English characters from
- Roboform and Lastpass password managers.
- Fixes an issue where the data copied from Enpass extension was not being cleared from clipboard after the specified time interval.
Release Date June 15, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API - Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync smooth and intact we've implemented the new v2 API.
- Improved functionality of Importing data from other password managers.
Release Date May 25, 2017
- Attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Quick PIN support: Set an alphanumeric PIN to quickly unlock Enpass if the App is already running in the background, otherwise, master password will be required.
- Touch ID and Touch bar support: Now unlock the Enpass with your fingerprint on the Touch ID-supported MacBook Pro. Also, you will see the enhanced controls in the Touch Bar of your New MacBook Pro. (Mac only)
- CSV/DSV import: If you’re having your passwords and login details in CSV or any other delimiter separated file, you can now import them in Enpass using the all new custom CSV/DSV data importer.
- zxcvbn will show the strength of password: We have empowered the password strength indicator with Dropbox zxcvbn to check you from choosing weak passwords.
- Selective field sharing: Sharing has gone better with an option to choose the fields to be shared rather than the whole item. So now you can share your bank details with anyone by removing login and other sensitive details. Cool, huh!
- Subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, "1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last" by just mentioning their position in a specified format.
- A better way to organize items: You can now create sub-folders by right clicking on parent folder in sidebar with an additional feature to move subfolders among parent folders by ‘drag n drop’. We have also improved the drag ’n’ drop behavior for moving items between categories and folders where now you also get the option of copying them (instead of moving only) by pressing and holding the ‘option’ key.
- More auto-locking options: Added various auto-locking options under security settings of Enpass to lock on system sleep, screensaver, and Fast-user switching. (Mac only)
- Setting up a shortcut for auto-filling: We have changed the way you used to setup the shortcut key for auto-filling in browsers. Now instead of defining it in main Enpass App, you have to configure it in your browser extensions independently.
- Improved behavior of copying to Clipboard: Now Enpass copies text on clipboard with a tag, protecting the data from being read from clipboard by any other app. (Mac only)
- Sync with WedDAV: Enpass will now show a security warning message (while syncing) to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Launching of wrong URL from helper: There was an issue with the items having multiple URLs, where, when a user tried to launch the second URL from Helper window (as one displayed on clicking extension icon), the first URL was always launched. Fixed.
- ERROR -120: Fixed an issue where Enpass shows error -120 while syncing esp. when the system wakes from sleep.
- Hiding of title bar of Enpass' settings window: Fixed an issue where the setting window of Enpass was presented in such a way that the title bar of setting window went out of scope of top limit of screen. This used to happen when the title bar of Enpass was already near the top of screen and then the settings-window's title bar was appearing just above that with no access to window controls. (Windows only)
- Problem while establishing connection to extension on Mac having multiple users: Clicking on extension icon was throwing Error (403 or unverified browser) as it was trying to connect with Enpass App executed by another user (in case a user has just fast-switched from another user account). It was not the expected behavior for the user who hasn’t actually installed Enpass App in his account. Fixed. (Mac only)
- Now the High DPI support will be enabled by default, which you can turn off in the advance section of the Enpass settings,if required.
- Fixed an issue where some users had to face Error 403 in using Enpass Extension in the 64-bits Browsers.
- Fixes an issue of high CPU usage while syncing with WebDAV.
- Another issue while importing from generic CSV/DSV was encountered when the data contains special German letters. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue when syncing with Google Drive used to stop due to the creation of multiple database files in Drive. Now sync will continue to function with the latest Enpass database. Expect more improvements to come in future builds.
- An issue where enabling sync with WebDAV/OwnCloud was stuck at connecting has been fixed.
- Autosave dialog of Enpass helper used to behaving aberrantly by fluctuating once from localized to English language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue while importing TOTP fields from 1Password.
- Memory cleanup for added security of data.
- Fixed an issue while importing data from Lastpass.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date Oct 13, 2016
1. Initial release.