Enpass Release Notes for Windows PC
Release Date March 4, 2019
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Added an option (via Right clicking) to delete custom icons from the icon chooser.
- The Enpass Assistant is now more Keyboard friendly. You can open the main app (Ctrl+E), browser settings (Ctrl+,), stick the Assistant (Shift+Ctrl+D)or even quit the app (Ctrl+Q) from the Keyboard itself.
- While searching for information, the app now selects the first item by default from the results.
- Sometimes the main list was flicking after adding, editing, archiving or deleting an item. Now all these actions are flicker-free.
- Introducing a right-click, contextual menu for Windows Touch devices.
- The scrolling gets smoother for the Windows Touch Devices.
- Double-clicking the Enpass icon in the taskbar will now open the main app windows.
- The sync messages are now localized.
- An issue of connection error between Chrome extension and Enpass App emerged as Google changed the signing certificate of Chrome browser due to which Enpass was not validating it as an authorized browser. It’s been fixed now.
- An issue where the app was crashing or showing a blank screen on the startup has been fixed.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- A bug that was causing the display problems in Chinese and Japanese languages when the system scaling set to 125,175 or 225% has been fixed.
- After restarting the app, the application window will no longer reset itself.
- Fixed an issue where some of our users reported that the icons of the app Toolbar and Categories weren’t visible.
- Fixed the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the item could be saved with an empty title if the title was cleared while editing the information.
- A bug causing the app to crash while importing data from Bitwarden has been squashed to ensure a smooth onboarding to Enpass.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- For those using multiple monitors, the app doesn’t resize itself while moving it to another monitor. It will also remember the monitor where the app was last opened.
Release Date January 31, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- Now the app can auto-lock itself when left idle for a particular time interval. You can enable this option from app settings under the ‘Security’ section.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 24, 2019
- Significantly improved synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- You can now remove multiple items from the Favorites.
- Improved Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with same name i.e like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike previous ver, password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to pronounceable passwords.
- Optimized CPU usage which was going high due to animation of sync icon.
- The item editing window now adjusts itself in accordance with the main app window.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in sidebar, item will be tagged upon creation.
- App now shows a warning dialog before Trashing an item.
- Improved sync with Google Drive.
- Improved Spanish translation where some strings were shown in English.
- Added import for JSON file exported from Bitwarden password manager.
- Due to Proxy configuration on some of the desktops, app update was not getting download. Fixed.
- Issue where Auto-save dialog in dark theme was appearing in Grey, making it hard to read, fixed.
- App was freezing while setting up sync. Fixed.
- Issue when Enpass was crashing on opening an item from the browser extension using down arrow and Enter key. Fixed.
- Importing data from KeePass with empty titles made app to crash. Fixed.
- Issue where pressing Ctrl + F in Enpass extension was not bringing focus on Search bar if an item was selected in the list. Fixed.
Release Date January 04, 2019
- FONT MISALIGNMENT FIXED: Fixed a bug that causes font misalignment on some HiDPI displays.
Release Date January 03, 2019
- Sync with OneDrive: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV Sync: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- High CPU Usage: The CPU usage was always high >0.5. It was due to the animation of syncing data. We have fixed it now.
- Crash fixex: Fixed a crash during import/upgrade of v5 data.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- MULTIPLE VAULTS: We are very excited to have the support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in the Primary vault. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- SECURE SHARING: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass.
- KEYFILE SUPPORT: Now you can use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to log into app.
- ENPASS ASSISTANT: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers great autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- CUSTOM ICONS: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- TRASH & ARCHIVE: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- IDENTITIES: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- MULTI-LINE FIELD: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- HISTORY OF EVERY FIELD: Like password fields, you can now see the history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section in Sidebar to have a quick look at all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- BROWSER EXTENSIONS: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- TAGS: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags, and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- PASSWORD EXPIRY: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- CHECKING PWNED PASSWORDS FOR COMPLETE DATABASE: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can check the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike the older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history. Tons and Tons of other improvements!!
Release Date December 12 2018
- This update contains the renewed signing certificate of the app.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
Release Date April 24, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then ‘Check if pwned’ in the context menu.
- Fixed an issue where some of our users on Windows 7 were encountering a problem of running multiple EnpassHelper.exe processes that were resulting in the high CPU and memory usage.
Release Date Jan 5, 2018
- Autocopy the TOTP to Clipboard: Signing into your online accounts that require TOTP has never been easier as Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP from the item to clipboard after autofilling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: With this update, you’ll be able to autofill the basic HTTP authentication dialogues in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your system by just creating a system wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Fixes an issue where users were facing problem in importing data saved in non-English characters from Roboform and Lastpass password managers.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Sep 14, 2017
- Added Support for Firefox WebExtensions: We all know that the add-on SDK will be the past soon. Moving on with the Firefox, we’ll soon gonna come up with the WebExtension version of the Enpass extension that will work with this update. And yes, this update will not only work with the WebExtensions but the legacy add-ons as well.
- Brushes away a bug that was stuck to Enpass in any of last releases where the clipboard was getting cleared even if it is disabled from security settings.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date July 21, 2017
- Improved generic CSV/DSV import.
- Fixes an issue in import from 1Password .pif file where it was taking longer time to import the data.
Release Date July 13, 2017
- Added import from 1Password .csv file.
- Some of you fine people were not able to import data from .1pif exported from 1Password. Now fixed.
- Fixes an issue where the data copied from Enpass extension was not being cleared from clipboard after the specified time interval.
- Squashed some other minor bugs.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API – Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync smooth and intact we’ve implemented the new v2 API.
- Improved functionality of Importing data from other password managers.
- Security fixes.
- There was an issue of crashing Enpass (not always) while exporting data from Enpass. Fixed now.
Release Date April 24, 2017
- Lost of focus by Chrome Browser: Chrome browser on Windows was sometimes losing focus while typing (made us afraid of your wrath by irritation when some letters were just lost in thin air), and this was exactly happening when Chrome browser was started after the Enpass App. Now fixed.
- Hiding of title bar of Enpass settings Windows: Fixed an issue where the setting window of Enpass was presented in such a way that the title bar of setting window went out of scope of top limit of screen. This used to happen when the title bar of Enpass was already near the top of screen and then the settings-window’s title bar was appearing just above that with no access to window controls.
- Memory cleanup for added security of data.
- Editing of Field’s label in Chinese, Korean and Japanese Languages: Fixed an issue where while editing the Field’s label, the Field editor was losing focus for Chinese, Korean and Japanese languages and the text was being typed in the focused field of Edit screen.
- Fixed an issue while importing data from Lastpass.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable updates & analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- CSV/DSV Import: A very rare but critical bug that may lead to undefined behavior for any user action on any specific field of item imported using generic CSV/DSV importer. Fixed.
- Another issue while importing from generic CSV/DSV was encountered when the data contains special German letters. Fixed.
- There was an issue with File chooser dialog which when invoked over Preferences window, and then user let the Enpass auto locks. Unlocking will the let the Enpass user interface in unstable state. Fixed and checked.
- Fixed an issue where EnpassHelper gets crashed while unlocking browser extension with quick unlock PIN.
- Fixed an issue when syncing with Google Drive used to stop due to the creation of multiple database files in Drive. Now sync will continue to function with the latest Enpass database. Expect more improvements to come in future builds.
- An issue where enabling sync with WebDAV/ownCloud was stuck at connecting has been fixed.
- Autosave dialog of Enpass helper used to behaving aberrantly by fluctuating once from localized to English language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue while importing TOTP fields from 1Password.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Jan 3, 2017
- Runtime error: Fixed an issue where some users reported that v5.4 gets crash right after entering the master password.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Dec 21, 2016
- Quick PIN support: Set an alphanumeric PIN to quickly unlock Enpass if the App is already running in the background, otherwise, master password will be required.
- Autobackups: Now Enpass can take backup of your data automatically locally on your device. By default, this feature would be enabled.
- CSV/DSV Import: If you’re having your passwords and login details in CSV or any other delimiter separated file, you can now import them in Enpass using the all new custom CSV/DSV data importer.
- zxcvbn will show the strength of your passwords: We have empowered the password strength indicator with Dropbox zxcvbn to check you from choosing weak passwords.
- Selective field sharing: Sharing has gone better with an option to choose the fields to be shared rather than the whole item. So now you can share your bank details with anyone by removing login and other sensitive details. Cool, huh!
- Subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their position in a specified format.
- A better way to organize items: You can now create sub-folders by right clicking on parent folder in sidebar with an additional feature to move subfolders among parent folders by ‘drag n drop’. We have also improved the drag ’n’ drop behavior for moving items between categories and folders where now you also get the option of copying them (instead of moving only) by pressing and holding the ‘option’ key.
- Beta builds: Added an option to enable notifications for getting the new Beta builds, when available. Interested Enpassians can enable it from Enpass settings and they will be notified with Release notes and download link. A nice way to stay updated about “Whats new” in coming release.
- Setting up a shortcut for autofilling: We have changed the way you used to setup the shortcut key for autofilling in browsers. Now instead of defining it in main Enpass App, you have to configure it in your browser extensions independently.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Enpass will now show a security warning message (while syncing) to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Error -120: Fixed an issue where Enpass shows error -120 while syncing esp. when the system wakes from sleep.
- Launching of the wrong URL from Helper: There was an issue with the items having multiple URLs, where, when a user tried to launch the second URL from Helper window (as one displayed on clicking extension icon), the first URL was always launched. Fixed.
- Fixed an error 403 in Enpass extension while communicating with new Opera 42: Recently Opera has changed its signing certificate in ver 42 due to which Enpass fails to verify the code signature and throws error 403.
- Fixes an issue of high CPU usage while syncing with WebDAV.
- Fixed an issue where WinSparkle “Skip this version” was not working.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Aug 25, 2016
- Now the High DPI support will be enabled by default, which you can turn off in the advance section of the Enpass settings,if rquired.
- Fixed an issue where some users had to face Error 403 in using Enpass Extension in the 64-bits Browsers.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Aug 2, 2016
- Added Enpass extension support Vivaldi browser. If you are already using Vivaldi browser with browser verification disabled, please enable the verification.
- Added import from Intel True key password manager.
- Diceware in Password generator – The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols.
- TOTP support for all categories except Secure Notes.
- Auto-fill support for all items – Along with logins, now you can auto-fill all types of items having a valid URL, username and password on login pages.
- Now you can use defined shortcut keys to copy username, password or to launch the url, from selected item in Enpass Extension (Helper).
- Added support to manually define scaling factor for high DPI monitors.
- Added password length indicator on Edit page.
- Improvements in importing data from Roboform and Keepass.
- Improved Tray icon handler: Single click on tray icon will open Extension windows, while double click will open the main Enpass app.
- Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that it was consuming high memory comparatively.
- Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode
- Progress wheel keep rotating while sync operation.
- Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed.
- Fixed an issue where ‘update’ button in browser extension was getting disabled, while changing a password on website.
- The issue where Enpass resets the Window size at each restart has been fixed.
- DLL hijacking vulnerability in Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) based Enpass Setup is fixed.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date July 11, 2016
- The code signatures of Enpass has been updated.
- Fixed an issue where Browser Extension was not working.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass installation fails.
Release Date April 25, 2016
- TOTP Support – From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
- Autorun on startup – You can set Enpass to start automatically with system restart/login.
- New Import: Added import from 1Password OPVault, Pocket and Password Depot.
- Catalan language added.
- Item details in Extension – Unlike before you will now be able to see the item details from Extension Window.
- Option to set color of System tray icon for dark and light theme.
- Improvements in importing data from SafeInCloud and Keepass.
- Dropbox Sync issue fixed.
- Other Minor issues.
Release Date Feb 25, 2016
- Fixed an error 403 in Enpass extension while communicating with new Opera 35: Recently Opera has changed its signing certificate in ver 35 due to which Enpass fails to verify the code signature and throws error 403.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 8, 2016
- The issue in WebDAV sync has been fixed.
Release Date Jan 27, 2016
- Enpass extension for Opera: Enpass extension support is added for Opera browser.
- New Imports: Imports from some other password managers are added.
- The issue in using browser extension with dual monitor has been fixed.
- Implemented new API of OneDrive for better syncing.
- Syncing to WebDAV is improved.
- Minor improvements in User Interface.
Release Date Oct 27, 2015
1. SubTitle bug fixed.
2. Share card import and export in windows10 bug fixed.
3. Lastpass import fixed.
4. Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Oct 5, 2015
1. Proxy Configuration is now supported.
2. WebDav/ownCloud synchronization improved.
3. Crashing issues in Windows XP due to DLLs are now fixed.
4. Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date Sept 23, 2015
- Browser Extension Support- Now enjoy hassle free browsing on Chrome and Firefox using Enpass Extension that will make you forget your passwords forever. It autofills your logins and credit cards, detects and saves new logins, assists in changing passwords and seamless integration with browser. You can Install browser extensions from “Enpass Setings->Browser->Install Browser extensions”.
For more info visit “http://www.enpass.io/enpass-browser-extension/“
- Password Audit– Now no reason to be lazy for changing weak and old passwords. You don’t need to manually scan every item for vulnerable passwords. Password audit feature gives you a quick eye over all such passwords with just a click.
- More import options– Now import your data from Password Padlock and Password Gorilla.
- UI– New rounded icons.
- Password generator– Password generator will now keep a history of latest five generated+copied passwords with timestamps and domains (in case password is generated+copied in extension).
- Data importing– Improved importing data from 1Password.
- Many UI improvements.
- Issues in syncing with WebDAV/ownCloud.
Release Date June 5, 2015
1. WebDAV/ownCloud connection bug fixed.
2. Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 20, 2015
1. Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
2. Shows last modified date in Details.
3. Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
4. Shows total number of items in Sidebar and categories.
5. Improved Password Strength detector.
6. Improved Search functionality.
7. Hide/Show SubTitles.
8. Improved Translations.
9. Other bug fixes.
Release Date April 3, 2015
1. Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Mar 11, 2015
1. Added import for SafeInCloud.
2. Copy from note bug fixed.
3. Icon changed.
4. Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
* Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
* Autolock mechanism improved.
* Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
* Strength indicators added to all passwords.
* Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
* Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
* Sync now supports all major clouds (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box).
* Added support to sync with any folder on local system or Network.
* See your cloud account details on sync page.
* See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
* Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
* Default item fields can be deleted.
* Hide categories/folders in sidebar.
* Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
* Item fields can be reordered.
* Category of items can be changed.
* Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
* Subfolder support added.
* Importing from other password mangers is now automatic and quick.
* Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
* More keyboard shortcuts added.
* Enpass data location is changed to Documents.
Release Date August 4, 2014
1. Roboform import improved.
2. Remove dependency of:
Release Date June 18, 2014
1. OneDrive sync password change bug fixed.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 8, 2014
1. Import improved.
2. OneDrive offline crash fix.
3. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date April 30, 2014
1. Launcher icon changed.
2. Keep Enpass in system tray after minimize.
3. Sync with OneDrive added.
4. Import from more password managers
5. Generic CSV import added.
6. Ability to add custom fields to an item.
7. Ability to edit label or type of an item.
8. Ability to hide categories from sidebar.
9. Status bar to show last sync time.
10. Ability to add folders to sidebar.
11. Ability to change icons of folders.
12. New square colorful icons for items.
13. New templates added and improvements in existing ones.
14. Ability to change an item icon.
15. Option to disable audio feedback while login.
16. Ambiguous characters removed from password generator.
17. Performs deep search in item fields on pressing enter.
18. Ability to create items within folders and add to it.
19. Ability to create items within favorites and add to it.
20. Many Other UI improvements.
21. Long field values ellipses bug fixed.
22. Incorrect search results bug for non-english language fixed.
23. Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb. 15, 2014
1. Clear clipboard crash fixed.
2. Keepass import fixed.
3. Fixes for data compatibility with next major update.
4. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 17, 2014
1. Language support added Russian, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified & Chinese Traditional.
2. Lastpass import bug fixed.
3. Wrong version bug fixed.
Release Date Jan. 16, 2014
1. Dropbox crash bug fixed.
2. Keepass import bug fixed.
3. Language support added French, Spanish, German, Italian.
Release Date Dec. 16, 2013
1. Import bugs fixed.
2. Crash on write to us on Windows XP fixed.
3. Dropbox sync bugs fixed.
4. LastPass & Keeper import added.
5. Miner UI bugs fixed.
Release Date Dec. 5, 2013
1. Export feature added.
2. Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 4, 2013
1. Initial Release.