Enpass Release Notes for macOS
Release Date Jun 18, 2021
Turns out we let a small bug slip through our development process that prevented you from enabling touch id for those running Mojave. We’ve corrected that bug with this update and even tucked a couple more fixes in alongside it.
Thank you to everyone who got in touch with us to tell us about this bug; we really appreciate it.
- Fixed an issue where the touch id option was disabled for users with Mojave MAC OS.
- Logins now Auto-fill correctly on meine.deutsche-bank.de
- Addressed an issue with saving updated logins via the Extension for kr.battle.net
- One-time codes now Auto-fill correctly on okta.com for browsers other than Safari.
- Logins now Auto-fill correctly on dforum.net/
- Other minor browser extension fixes.
Release Date May 26, 2021
- We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advance settings to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
- Apple Watch can now unlock Enpass on your iMac and Mac Mini. Works full time if your system has Secure Enclave.
- Added an option on the welcome screen to Activate Enpass allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
- Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date March 25, 2021
Greetings everyone! This Enpass update contains a few but essential fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- Resolved the issue with Touch id on the website version of Enpass.
- Some of users reported Enpass window getting transparent. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with translation where the button to generate password on Edit page got invisible for Italian & Spanish language users.
- Fixed other minor bugs and crashes.
Release Date February 05, 2021
Good day everyone! Here comes the new, shiny update of Enpass. With this release, your security has gone a few notches higher with an improved Audit Section.
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
Fixed sync issues with Onedrive and Dropbox.
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Few of you were unable to select the text in the search field in Enpass. Fixed.
- Fixed a few issues with Touch id.
- Custom icons were not showing up for few users who had synced with multiple devices. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- On launching from the System tray, the maximized window of Enpass was not minimizing.
- Fixed an issue where the app showed a gray screen when opened after quitting on MacOS High-Sierra.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
Release Date October 08, 2020
- Quick! This build fixes an issue with TouchId on first unlock after the update.
Release Date October 07, 2020
- Added an option in the context menu of the main list to duplicate any item.
- Sorting of the custom icons now in reverse chronological order.
- You will be notified whenever a password is copied from Enpass.
- Security Fix: Enabled hardened runtime to protect the runtime integrity of Enpass.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X(Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- Fixed issues with Shortcuts not working in the last update.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Enpass was not retaining the size of the window. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Release Date September 14, 2020
- One of the most requested feature— “Full-time Touch ID support” is here. Now you need not enter the master password after system/app restart.
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- UI Improvements.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a passwordmismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Autofill for Microsoft account was not working on Safari. Fixed.
Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology Onetime passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date May 19, 2020
- The last release had introduced few issues with the new functionality of include in password generator, and this build takes care of them all.
- Minor enhancements to Autofill for safari.
- Enpass used to open a new tab for autofilling on few sites. Fixed.
- Few of you were facing issues with Enpass extension for Vivaldi. Fixed.
- An issue with import, where the secret key was displayed instead of the TOTP. Fixed.
- Last item of Tags was getting duplicated. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 26, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols—while generating random passwords—now you can control which symbols should only be included in generated passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- An issue with iCloud sync getting signed out after a day. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 03, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: Enpass now supports OneDrive Business. If you have OneDrive already synced, your sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up the sync with OneDrive again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: As requested by a lot of you, we are adding a shortcut for displaying the passwords for a particular item by pressing Cmd+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Improved Autofill on Safari.
- Improved performance for the item listing.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Resolved issues with Categories for login items being displayed in the Spanish language.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date December 23, 2019
- The issue with “Touch ID” setting not persisted on relaunching the app.
Release Date December 12, 2019
- Few users reported iClould sync error in the last update. Fixed.
- While editing an item, users were unable to copy the passwords. Fixed.
- Some of the Pro users were unable to restore purchases. Fixed.
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date November 28, 2019
Unable to process TOTP with spaces. Fixed.
Squashed a few crashes.
Release Date November 19, 2019
ENPASS IS NOW TOTALLY FREE FOR DESKTOPS
One of the most awesome treats you get with the new update is 100% free access on all desktop apps. That’s right! Just register your Enpass using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, ABSOLUTELY FREE.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass, and we value your love for Enpass.
Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
EXISTING PRO USERS
You are our heroes, and we love you, a-lot! Today, we are what we are because of your love and support.
You do not have to pay, and can continue to use the Pro version at no extra cost. Not just that, your Enpass purchased from any device will work across all the platforms. Just register your purchase using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, across all platforms.
Release Date September 25, 2019
Here comes another update with loads of improvements and most importantly the support for Website icons aka Favicons one of the most requested feature. The complete changelog is:
- Website Icons: The new update now provides support for the long-awaited Website icons aka Favicons. You can now distinguish items based on their actual familiar icons for the URL saved in them allowing you to navigate faster than ever before. Head straight to “Enpass Settings” > Customize and enable “Use Website Icons”, and see all those icons start popping up, giving you all-new experience of using Enpass.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Complete WebDAV URL is now displayed along with the other sync information on vault settings.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
Release Date Aug 8, 2019
- Resolved the issue with slow processing of the app & high memory consumption.
Release Date July 19, 2019
- Issue of Touch-ID being asked the second time after entering Master Password is fixed now.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date July 10, 2019
- Resolved issue with resizing of Enpass Assistant on multi-monitor with different resolutions.
Fixed a few issues with folder sync.
Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
The issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in the list.
The issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant. Fixed.
Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
Other minor fixes.
Release Date May 28, 2019
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: A section for the passwords which are Pwned (compromised in a hack) under the Password Audit sections. The app will securely check all your passwords against the list of breached passwords in the past (via haveibeenhacked.com), and if found, the compromised passwords will appear under this section, which we recommend should be changed immediately.
- Password subset: The feature makes a comeback, Enpass now lets you see certain characters of a password as specified by position. For example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: Now in addition to the JSON & TXT we also support exporting your data in the CSV format.
- Enhanced Import from other password managers: We have tweaked the import functionality, which will make Migration of your data from other (not so good) password managers to Enpass a cake walk.
- Tag Suggestions: Better tag suggestions, the app will auto-suggest the existing tags (along with the parent of the tag) as soon as you start trying them.
- Password Readability: This update improves the readability of Passwords against the light/dark backgrounds with a new color combination for the Digits, Uppercase, and Symbols.
- Option to clear ‘Recent items’ from the app: Now you can clear the list of Recent items from the app’s Menu bar.
- Exporting Trashed & Archived items: Enpass now also supports exporting your Trashed or Archived items, tick the check boxes for Trashed & Archived while exporting to a desired format.
- Rescaling of Enpass Assistant on multiple-monitors: A bug where the Enpass Assistant didn’t rescale itself on multi-monitors has been fixed.
- After enabling the dark mode on macOS, the app sometimes showed a light background. Fixed.
- Few buttons on the MacBook Touch Bar weren’t performing the desired action. Fixed.
- Sometimes the app was unable to detect the attached printer and threw an error ‘Printer Not Found.’ Fixed.
- A glitch in UI where the app window was getting cut off while creating a new item in the custom templates. Fixed.
- A bug which was impeding users from adding an attachment if the attachment had % symbol in its name. Fixed.
- A bug in the manual proxy configuration didn’t allow some users to configure the cloud sync has been resolved.
- The custom icons weren’t resized or cropped appropriately. Fixed.
- A UI bug where enabling/disabling the checkbox of ‘Autosubmit Login’ in Enpass Browser settings didn’t display the actual state. Fixed.
- If a Multiline field was marked as sensitive, then the information wasn’t concealed with bullets in the edit page. Fixed.
- While creating a new Tag, or sub-tag the focus automatically got back to the previously selected list in the Sidebar. Fixed.
- While re-ordering the fields, the scroller on the edit item page wasn’t moving with the field which was being re-ordered. Fixed.
- While printing the database, the app didn’t sort the database in the correct alphabetic order. Fixed.
- While copying or moving an item from one vault to another, the information saved in the Web form wasn’t copied/moved to the item in new vault. Fixed.
- For the Note category, clicking Cmd+C in the Enpass Assistant didn’t copy the selected information. Fixed.
Release Date April 23, 2019
- Crash on Mojave v10.14.4: A bug that caused the app to crash or show a blank screen upon launch has been squished.
Release Date March 5, 2019
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Cmd+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Added an option (via Right clicking) to delete custom icons from the icon chooser.
- The Enpass Assistant is now more Keyboard friendly. You can open the main app (Cmd+E), browser settings (Cmd+,), stick the Assistant (Shift+Cmd+D)or even quit the app (Cmd+Q) from the Keyboard itself.
- While searching for information, the app now selects the first item by default from the results.
- Sometimes the main list was flicking after adding, editing, archiving or deleting items. Now all these actions are flicker-free.
- The sync messages are now localized.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- After restarting Enpass, the app window will no longer reset itself.
- Fixed the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.Fixed an issue where the item could be saved with an empty title if the title was cleared while editing the information.
- A bug causing the app to crash while importing data from Bitwarden has been squished to ensure a smooth onboarding to Enpass.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- For those using multiple monitors, the app doesn’t resize itself while moving it to another monitor. It will also remember the monitor where the app was last opened.
Release Date February 5, 2019
- Fixed an issue where some of the users were facing trouble in filling the details in a Safari browser.
Release Date February 4, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- Now the app can auto-lock itself when left idle for a particular time interval. You can enable this option from app settings under the ‘Security’ section.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- In Safari browser, some users were unable to set a particular Keyboard shortcut to Enpass Safari App extension. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in Password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 24, 2019
- Significantly improved the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. A big thanks to all those beloved users who shared the demo accounts and supported us in refining the WebDAV sync.
- You can now remove multiple items from the Favorites.
- Improved the Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with same name i.e like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike the previous version, the improved password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to the pronounceable passwords.
- Optimized the CPU usage which was going high due to animation of sync icon.
- Added an option to completely quit the Enpass app through close button. This will prevent the app from running in background and thus the Enpass icon won’t be always visible in Menu bar.
- The Touch Bar on MacBook Pro now shows the option to use Touch ID to unlock the app.
- The item editing window now adjusts itself in accordance with the main app window providing enough width for writing the notes or information quickly.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in sidebar, the item will be tagged upon creation.
- The app now shows a warning dialog before moving an item to Trash.
- Improved the synchronization with Google Drive.
- The index of any password (when viewing in large) now starts with place one instead of zero.
- Enpass can now import the JSON file exported from the Bitwarden password manager.
- An issue where the Enpass Assistant was taking longer in autofilling the details in a web-page.
- An issue where Auto-save dialog in the dark theme was appearing in Grey, making it hard to read, has been fixed.
- The app was freezing while setting up the sync is now fixed.
- Due to Proxy configuration on some of the desktops the update was not getting download. Fixed.
- If Chrome is set as the default browser and clicking an item in Enpass Safari extension first time opens Chrome browser instead of a new tab in the Safari. Fixed.
- A bug where the Enpass extension didn’t show the Auto-save window while signing up or entering the login details in a web-page. Fixed.
- A rare bug where double-clicking an item in Enpass extension doesn’t fill the details in the corresponding web-page has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue when was Enpass was crashing on opening an item from the browser extension (Enpass Assistant) using the down arrow and Enter key.
- Fixed an issue where the Folder sync was not working.
- Importing data from KeePass with the empty titles made the app to crash. Fixed.
- Fixes an issue where pressing Cmd + F in Enpass extension was not bringing the focus on Search bar if an item was selected in the list.
Release Date January 03, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- HIGH CPU USAGE: The CPU usage was always high >0.5. It was due to the animation of syncing data. We have fixed it now.
- Fixed an issue where the path of last Keyfile was not remembered and user had to choose it everytime at unlock.
- There was a problem with autostarting of Enpass at System Login. Fixed!
- CRASH FIXES: Fixed a crash during import/upgrade of v5 data.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Create Your Own Categories: We have got a wide range of pre-defined categories that cover almost any information you want to store, but as you know sky’s the limit, you’re free to create your own categories to save data the way you want.
- Create Your Own Templates: Apart from bags of pre-defined templates, if you still feel missing at something, you can create your own templates in no time.
- Built in Safari Browser Extension: For macOS 10.12 and above, a browser extension for Safari now comes built in with the app, and you don’t need to install separately. You can enable it from Safari preferences under the extensions section.
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers great autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- Dark theme: Added support for dark mode on macOS Mojave.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can check the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date August 7, 2018
- Enpass connection error with Opera extension: Fixes an issue of connection with Opera extension, which emerged after Opera changed the signing certificate of browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Enpass browser extensions were not working in the beta versions of macOS Mojave.
Release Date April 30, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then ‘Check if pwned’ in the context menu.
- Fixes an issue where Enpass was showing an empty database to some of our users when they unlock the Enpass with Touch-ID after the system wakes up from the sleep mode.
Release Date Jan 8, 2018
- Autocopy the TOTP to Clipboard: Signing into your online accounts that require TOTP has never been easier as Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP from the item to clipboard after autofilling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: Yes, with this update you’ll be able to autofill the HTTP authentication dialogs in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your system by just creating a system wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Fixed an issue where few of you guys were facing the app crash on the app startup or even while syncing with the cloud account.
- Fixed an issue where you were facing the problem in importing your items saved in non-English characters from the Roboform and Lastpass password managers.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Oct 3, 2017
- Added Support for Firefox WebExtensions:- We all know that the add-on SDK will be the past soon. Moving on with the Firefox, we’ll soon gonna come up with the WebExtension version of the Enpass extension that will work with this update. And yes, this update will not only work with the WebExtensions but the legacy add-ons as well.
Your Mac from now on can also support the Beta, Developer and Nightly builds of Firefox.
- Brushes away a bug that was stuck to Enpass in any of last releases where the clipboard was getting cleared even if it is disabled from security settings.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date Sep 18, 2017
- Minor bug fixes.
- Localization improvements.
Release Date July 19, 2017
- Improved generic CSV/DSV import.
- Fixes an issue in import from 1Password .pif file where it was taking a longer time to import the data.
- Fixes an issue where clicking on dock icon was not restoring the minimized Enpass.
Release Date July 14, 2017
- Added import from 1Password .csv file. For Mac users, we recommend to import using .1pif file, because the .csv exported file does not contain the custom fields.
- Some of you fine people were not able to import data from .1pif exported from 1Password. Now fixed.
- Fixes an issue where the data copied from Enpass extension was not being cleared from clipboard after the specified time interval.
- Squashed some other minor bugs.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API – Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync smooth and intact we’ve implemented the new v2 API.
- Improved functionality of Importing data from other password managers.
- There was an issue faced by some fine users of Enpass where multiple files were created on iCloud account leading to crash. Fixed now.
Release Date May 23, 2017
- Error 403 with Firefox extension: This update fixes the issue of connection establishment between Firefox extension and Enpass app, which has just emerged after Mozilla has changed the signing certificate of Firefox browser making it sound as alien for Enpass, leading to connection error.
Release Date May 11, 2017
- Enpass connection error with Chrome browser extension: Google has recently changed the signing certificate of Chrome browser due to which Enpass was not validating it as an authorized browser and throws Enpass connection error. Fixed.
Release Date April 24, 2017
- Improved behavior of copying to clipboard: Now Enpass copies text on clipboard with a tag, protecting the data from being read from clipboard by any other app.
- Memory cleanup for added security of data.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- Touch ID and Touch Bar support: Now unlock the Enpass with your fingerprint on the Touch ID-supported MacBook Pro. Also, you will see the enhanced controls in the Touch Bar of your MacBook Pro.
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable updates & analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- CSV/DSV Import– A very rare but critical bug that may lead to undefined behavior for any user action on any specific field of item imported using generic CSV/DSV importer. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue when syncing with Google Drive used to stop due to the creation of multiple database files in Drive. Now sync will continue to function with the latest Enpass database. Expect more improvements to come in future builds.
- There was an issue with File chooser dialog which when invoked over Preferences window, and then user let the Enpass auto locks. Unlocking will the let the Enpass user interface in unstable state. Fixed and checked.
- Fixed an issue where EnpassHelper gets crashed while unlocking browser extension with quick unlock PIN.
- An issue where enabling sync with WebDAV/ownCloud was stuck at connecting has been fixed.
- Enpass in Mavericks was crashing while exporting data. Fixed and checked.
- Autosave dialog of Enpass helper used to behave aberrantly by fluctuating once from localized to the English language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue while importing TOTP fields from 1Password.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Jan 4, 2017
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Dec 21, 2016
- Quick PIN support: Set an alphanumeric PIN to quickly unlock Enpass if the App is already running in the background, otherwise, master password will be required.
- Autobackups: Now Enpass can take backup of your data automatically locally on your device. By default, this feature would be enabled.
- CSV/DSV Import: If you’re having your passwords and login details in CSV or any other delimiter separated file, you can now import them in Enpass using the all new custom CSV/DSV data importer.
- zxcvbn will show the strength of your passwords: We have empowered the password strength indicator with Dropbox zxcvbn to check you from choosing weak passwords.
- Selective field sharing: Sharing has gone better with an option to choose the fields to be shared rather than the whole item. So now you can share your bank details with anyone by removing login and other sensitive details. Cool, huh!
- Subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their position in a specified format.
- More auto-locking options: Added various auto-locking options under security settings of Enpass to lock on system sleep, screensaver, and Fast-user switching.
- A better way to organize items: You can now create sub-folders by right clicking on parent folder in sidebar with an additional feature to move subfolders among parent folders by ‘drag n drop’. We have also improved the drag ’n’ drop behavior for moving items between categories and folders where now you also get the option of copying them (instead of moving only) by pressing and holding the ‘option’ key.
- Setting up a shortcut for autofilling: We have changed the way you used to setup the shortcut key for autofilling in browsers. Now instead of defining it in main Enpass App, you have to configure it in your browser extensions independently.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Enpass will now show a security warning message (while syncing) to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Error -120: Fixed an issue where Enpass shows error -120 while syncing esp. when the system wakes from sleep.
- Launching of the wrong URL from Helper: There was an issue with the items having multiple URLs, where, when a user tried to launch the second URL from Helper window (as one displayed on clicking extension icon), the first URL was always launched. Fixed.
- Problem while establishing connection to an extension on Mac having multiple users: Clicking on extension icon was throwing Error (403 or unverified browser) as it was trying to connect with Enpass App executed by another user (in case a user has just fast-switched from another user account). It was not the expected behavior for the user who hasn’t actually installed Enpass App in his account. Fixed.
- Fixes an issue of high CPU usage while syncing with WebDAV.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Aug 2, 2016
- Added Enpass extension support for Vivaldi browser. If you are already using Vivaldi browser with browser verification disabled, please enable the verification.
- Added import from Intel True key password manager.
- Diceware in Password generator – The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols.
- TOTP support for all categories except Secure Notes.
- Auto-fill support for all items – Along with logins, now you can auto-fill all types of items having a valid URL, username and password on login pages.
- Now you can use defined shortcut keys to copy username, password or to launch the url, from selected item in Enpass Extension (Helper).
- Added password length indicator on Edit page.
- Improvements in importing data from Roboform and Keepass.
- Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode
-Progress wheel keeps rotating while sync operation.
-Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed.
- The issue in using Enpass browser extensions in macOS Sierra has been fixed. (Mac App Store version only)
- Fixed an issue where clicking ‘continue’ button was not working, while restoring Database from iCloud on Enpass welcome screen. (Mac App Store version only)
- Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that it was consuming high memory comparatively.
- Fixed an issue where ‘update’ button in browser extension was getting disabled, while changing a password on website.
- Fixed an issue where focus on browser window was lost as soon as Enpass extension goes away.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date April 15, 2016
- TOTP Support – From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
- Open at login – Enpass can now start automatically with every system start.
- Hiding dock icon – Optionally you can hide Enpass from dock when main window is closed.
- New Import: Added import from Pocket, 1Password OPVault and Password Depot.
- Catalan language added.
- Unlike before you will now be able to see the item details from Extension.
- Improvements in importing data from SafeInCloud and Keepass.
- Sync issue with WebDAV/ownCloud fixed for self signed certificates.
- Other Minor issues
Release Date Jan 27, 2016
- Enpass extension for Opera: Enpass extension support is added for Opera browser.
- New Imports: Imports from some other password managers are added.
- Hiding menu bar icon: An option to hide menu bar icon is added now.
- The issue in using browser extension with dual monitor has been fixed.
- Implemented new API of OneDrive for better syncing.
- Syncing to WebDAV is improved.
- Minor improvements in User Interface.
Release Date Oct 8, 2015
- Password Audit– Now no reason to be lazy for changing weak and old passwords. You don’t need to manually scan every item for vulnerable passwords. Password audit feature gives you a quick eye over all such passwords with just a click.
- Added manual proxy settings.
- More import options– Now import your data from Password Padlock and Password Gorilla.
- UI– New rounded icons.
- Password generator– Password generator will now keep a history of latest five generated+copied passwords with timestamps and domains (in case of password is generated+copied in extension).
- Data importing– Improved importing data from 1Password.
- Many UI improvements.
- Issues in syncing with WebDAV/ownCloud.
Release Date June 4, 2015
- Toolbar icons for Retina Display in Yosemite fixed.
- WebDAV/ownCloud connection bug fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 21, 2015
- Fresh Toolbar looks for Yosemite.
- Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Shows last modified date in Details.
- Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
- Hide/Show SubTitles.
- Improved Password Strength detector.
- Improved Search functionality.
- Improved Translations.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date March 09, 2015
- New app icon.
- Folder sync support added.
- Copy from note bug fixed.
- SafeInCloud import added.
- Clear clipboard bug fixed.
- Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
- Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
- Autolock mechanism improved.
- Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
- Strength indicators added to all passwords.
- Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
- Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
- Sync now supports all major clouds (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box ).
- See your cloud account details on sync page.
- See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
- Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
- Default item fields can be deleted.
- Hide categories/folders in sidebar.
- Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
- Item fields can be reordered.
- Category of items can be changed.
- Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
- Subfolder support added.
- Importing from other password mangers is now automatic and quick.
- Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
- More keyboard shortcuts added.
Release Date October 27, 2014
- iCloud Drive Compatibility added for iOS 8.
- Yosemite UI issues fixed.
- Added localization for Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Previous localizations improved.
Release Date April 30, 2014
- Launcher icon changed.
- Import from more password managers
- Generic CSV import added.
- Ability to add custom fields to an item.
- Ability to edit label or type of an item.
- Ability to hide categories from sidebar.
- Status bar to show last sync time.
- Ability to add folders to sidebar.
- Ability to change icons of folders.
- New square colorful icons for items.
- New templates added and improvements in existing ones.
- Ability to change an item icon.
- Option to disable audio feedback while login.
- Ambiguous characters removed from password generator.
- Performs deep search in item fields on pressing enter.
- Ability to create items within folders and add to it.
- Ability to create items within favorites and add to it.
- Many Other UI improvements.
- Long field values ellipses bug fixed.
- Incorrect search results bug for non-english language fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 19, 2014
- Fixes for data compatibility with next major update.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 17, 2014
- Keyboard shortcuts fixed.
- Keepass import bug fixed.
- Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 19, 2013
- iCloud restore and sync bug fixed.
- Translations corrections.
- Import incorrect line endings bug fixed.
- Import from LastPass, Keeper, eWallet added.
Release Date Dec. 6, 2013
- Russian translation improved.
- Change password disables screen bug fixed.
- Update notification improved.
- Share option is hidden for non compatible Macs.
- https url launch failure bug fixed.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Nov. 27, 2013
- Import fixed for languages other than English.
- Search field auto clear on category selection.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Nov. 19, 2013
- Initial release.