Release Notes for Linux
Release Date Sep 14, 2017
- Added Support for Firefox WebExtensions: We all know that the add-on SDK will be the past soon. Moving on with the Firefox, we'll soon gonna come up with the WebExtension version of the Enpass extension that will work with this update. And yes, this update will not only work with the WebExtensions but the legacy add-ons as well.
- Brushes away a bug that was stuck to Enpass in any of last releases where the clipboard was getting cleared even if it is disabled from security settings.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date June 14, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API - Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync smooth and intact we've implemented the new v2 API.
- Improved functionality of Importing data from other password managers.
Release Date April 24, 2017
- Auto-locking in system inactivity timeout: Fixes an issue which got introduced in last update and the locking of Enpass after specified system inactivity time, stopped working.
- Memory cleanup for added security of data.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable updates & analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- CSV/DSV Import: A very rare but critical bug that may lead to undefined behavior for any user action on any specific field of item imported using generic CSV/DSV importer. Fixed.
- There was an issue with File chooser dialog which when invoked over Preferences window, and then user let the Enpass auto locks. Unlocking will the let the Enpass user interface in unstable state. Fixed and checked.
- Fixed an issue where EnpassHelper gets crashed while unlocking browser extension with quick unlock PIN.
- Fixed an issue when syncing with Google Drive used to stop due to the creation of multiple database files in Drive. Now sync will continue to function with the latest Enpass database. Expect more improvements to come in future builds.
- An issue where enabling sync with WebDAV/ownCloud was stuck at connecting has been fixed.
- Autosave dialog of Enpass helper used to behaving aberrantly by fluctuating once from localized to English language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue while importing TOTP fields from 1Password.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Jan 4, 2017
Release Date Dec 21, 2016
- Quick PIN support: Set an alphanumeric PIN to quickly unlock Enpass if the App is already running in the background, otherwise, master password will be required.
- Autobackups: Now Enpass can take backup of your data automatically locally on your device. By default, this feature would be enabled.
- CSV/DSV Import: If you’re having your passwords and login details in CSV or any other delimiter separated file, you can now import them in Enpass using the all new custom CSV/DSV data importer.
- zxcvbn will show the strength of your passwords: We have empowered the password strength indicator with Dropbox zxcvbn to check you from choosing weak passwords. It will work only on those linux systems having 4.9 and later versions of libstdc++6.
- Selective field sharing: Sharing has gone better with an option to choose the fields to be shared rather than the whole item. So now you can share your bank details with anyone by removing login and other sensitive details. Cool, huh!
- Subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, "1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last" by just mentioning their position in a specified format.
- A better way to organize items: You can now create sub-folders by right clicking on parent folder in sidebar with an additional feature to move subfolders among parent folders by ‘drag n drop’. We have also improved the drag ’n’ drop behavior for moving items between categories and folders where now you also get the option of copying them (instead of moving only) by pressing and holding the ‘option’ key.
- Setting up a shortcut for autofilling: We have changed the way you used to setup the shortcut key for autofilling in browsers. Now instead of defining it in main Enpass App, you have to configure it in your browser extensions independently.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Enpass will now show a security warning message (while syncing) to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Error -120: Fixed an issue where Enpass shows error -120 while syncing esp. when the system wakes from sleep.
- System Tray icon issue: In some distros, the issue where Enpass system tray icon was not displayed on autostartup has been fixed.
- Launching of default browser: In some distros, the issue where clicking on URL was not opening the system's default browser has been fixed.
- Fixes an issue of high CPU usage while syncing with WebDAV.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Aug 2, 2016
- Added Enpass extension support for Vivaldi browser. If you are already using Vivaldi browser with browser verification disabled, please enable the verification.
- Added import from Intel True key password manager.
- Diceware in Password generator - The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols.
- TOTP support for all categories except Secure Notes.
- Auto-fill support for all items - Along with logins, now you can auto-fill all types of items having a valid URL, username and password on login pages.
- Now you can use defined shortcut keys to copy username, password or to launch the url, from selected item in Enpass Extension (Helper).
- Added password length indicator on Edit page.
- Improvements in importing data from Roboform and Keepass.
- Improved Tray icon handler: Single click on tray icon will open Extension windows, while double click will open the main Enpass app.
- Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that it was consuming high memory comparatively.
- Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode
- High CPU usage while syncing.
- Progress wheel keep rotating while sync operation.
- Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed.
- The issue where Enpass resets the Window size at each restart has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass automatically clears the clipboard for other apps.
- Fixed an issue where 'update' button in browser extension was getting disabled, while changing a password on website.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date May 3, 2016
Hello, Dear Enpass Linux users! This update have some rollbacks to previous versions for convenience of users:
* High DPI scaling disabled by default - Enpass 5.2.1 will disable High DPI scaling by default. So to enable High DPI scaling, you have to set environment variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1.
* OpenSSL usage - Enpass will now use the OpenSSL library that comes bundled with it by default.
Release Date April 25, 2016
* TOTP Support - From now on you don't need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
* Autorun on startup - You can set Enpass to start automatically with system restart/login.
* New Import: Added import from 1Password OPVault, Pocket and Password Depot.
* Catalan language added.
* Item details in Extension - Unlike before you will now be able to see the item details from Extension Window.
* Option to set color of System tray icon for dark and light theme.
* Improvements in importing data from SafeInCloud and Keepass.
* Dropbox Sync issue fixed.
* Other Minor issues.
Release Date Feb 24 , 2016
* Enpass extension for Opera: Enpass extension support is added for Opera browser.
* New Imports: Imports from some other password managers are added.
* Implemented new API of OneDrive for better syncing.
* The dependency of adding libappindicator1 package to show Enpass on system tray has been removed.
* The issue in using browser extension with dual monitor has been fixed.
* The flickering pixel issue in using Enpass on high resolution monitors has been fixed.
* Issue in syncing to WebDav has been fixed.
Release Date Oct 28, 2015
* Browser Extension Support- Now enjoy hassle free browsing on Chrome and Firefox using Enpass Extension that will make you forget your passwords forever. It autofills your logins and credit cards, detects and saves new logins, assists in changing passwords and seamless integration with browser. You can Install browser extensions from Enpass Setings->Browser->Install Browser extensions. For more info visit "http://www.enpass.io/enpass-browser-extension/"
* Password Audit- Now no reason to be lazy for changing weak and old passwords. You don't need to manually scan every item for vulnerable passwords. Password audit feature gives you a quick eye over all such passwords with just a click.
* More import options- Now import your data from Password Padlock and Password Gorilla.
* UI- New rounded icons.
* Proxy Configuration is now supported.
* Password generator- Password generator will now keep a history of latest five generated+copied passwords with timestamps and domains (in case password is generated+copied in extension).
* Data importing- Improved importing data from 1Password.
* Many UI improvements.
* Issues in syncing with WebDAV/ownCloud.
Release Date June 5, 2015
1. WebDAV/ownCloud connection bug fixed.
2. Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 20, 2015
1. APT repository available for ubuntu.
2. Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
3. Shows last modified date in Details.
4. Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
5. Shows total number of items in Sidebar and categories.
6. Improved Password Strength detector.
7. Improved Search functionality.
8. Hide/Show SubTitles.
9. Improved Translations.
10. Other bug fixes.
Release Date March 09, 2015
1. New app icon.
2. Copy from note bug fixed.
3. SafeInCloud import added.
4. Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
1. Initial release.