Enpass Release Notes for Linux
Version 6.8.5 (1173)
Release Date Nov 15, 2022
- Hello Everyone, Few of you were unable to launch the last version of Enpass due to a library dependency issue. Now Fixed.
Version 6.8.4 (1167)
Release Date Nov 10, 2022
Hello, everyone! We’ve squashed some annoying little bugs in this release.
- Added SSL certificate pinning for stronger security when communicating with Enpass servers.
- Fixed: Some Fedora (36) users were getting an error while trying to add a WebDAV Vault.
- Fixed: In browser extension, sometimes keyboard shortcuts were not working properly for copying username or passwords from the List View.
- Fixed: “Invalid Secret Key” error when generating one-time codes of more than 100 characters.
- Fixed: In some cases, passwords changed on one device were not syncing correctly, even though other updates did.
Version 6.8.3 (1153)
Release Date Sep 28, 2022
Hello, everyone! We have some great changes for you in this release, including site-specific generated passwords, several improvements to Enpass Business users, and a handful of squished bugs.
- Built-in Password Generator now checks if a website has specific password requirements before generating password suggestions.
- Enpass can now import new .1pux format from 1Password.
- Enpass can now import CSV format from Myki.
FOR ENPASS BUSINESS:
- Vaults can now be created and stored in the Files section of Microsoft Teams channels.
- Search is now available when opening or creating a vault in SharePoint Sites and Teams Channels.
- Admins can now specify requirements and restrictions for Enpass to use when generating passwords.
- Admins can now specify terms that should be discouraged from use in passwords.
- Admins can now set users’ ability to create and share secondary vaults.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass could sync continuously, waiting for reauthentication.
- Fixed blank window (and related issues) when updating an Enpass Item through the browser extension.
- Password History duplication (due to incorrect timestamp during sync) has been resolved.
- WebDAV users with Digest Authentication enabled should no longer be asked to reauthenticate.
- Fixed error when creating a second vault in WebDAV using different credentials but the same URL.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Version 6.8.1 (1063)
Release Date May 23, 2022
- Fixed an issue with Dropbox syncing where the users were required to “Re-authenticate” with Dropbox very frequently.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date May 3, 2022
Hello everyone. We’re excited to share a big update with you. This release isn’t just about bug fixes and minor improvements. We’re celebrating the start of a whole new era for Enpass – Enpass for Business!
Businesses and large enterprises can now use Enpass to secure the passwords and sensitive data of their teams, and yes – we are still OFFLINE. We know not everyone is comfortable storing their passwords on someone else’s servers, and that applies to businesses too. Your wait for an offline password manager for your workplace over now that Enpass for Business is here.
- Enpass for businesses: If you’re in a business not using any password manager for team members and waited for any offline one, your wait is over! Enpass Business is here – keep your business sensitive data on your devices/cloud, set password policies, onboard users via SCIM supported Active Directory and there’s lot more if you’re using Microsoft 365 Business. Checkout our website for more!
- Automatic Compromised Password Checker: Password auditing has become more effective with added security. Compromised password checking is now automatic in Enpass and triggers whenever a new password is added or changed. Just enable it on from Audit > Compromised > Turn on.
- While creating or editing an item, you’ll now get suggestions to auto-complete the fields for Usernames, Emails, and Phone numbers with the most used values in the selected vault.
- You can now reveal an item’s password by pressing the Alt keys on the keyboard.
- Added an indicator to show if the Caps lock is on while entering Master Password.
- On the Edit page, you will now have an option for password fields to use a password from the generator’s history. This is helpful when password for any website is changed successfully changing passwords using the browser extension is a success but the extension itself fails to capture the updated password for any reason. You can now manually edit the item and access the last generated password using this option.
- The ‘Show More’ button is back on the Enpass Assistant, hoping all your concerns with the ‘Match URL hostname’ functionality are gone for good.
- Added option to import Enpass vault from encrypted backup file in any existing vault. Just Select Import > Enpass > Backup file > Select the backup file from your machine> Select the Vault> Enter the password of the backup vault.
- The time interval for one-time codes can be changed from the default value of 30 seconds.
- Enpass now shows a warning message on trying to remove a vault that has un-synced changes.
- Full name (First name + Last name) from Identity type item will be displayed as secondary text in the items list.
- Secret keys containing new line characters (‘\n’) were marked as invalid while generating one-time codes. Fixed
- Rectified an issue where the passwords having escape characters (‘<‘ and ‘=’) were truncated while printing.
- Fixed an issue where the spaces after commas were not displayed in Enpass user interface.
- Fixed an issue where the item list was refreshing twice on unlocking the Enpass Assistant.
- Fixed an issue where Emojis in items were displayed as horizontal lines.
- Few of you were unable to launch URL having Unicode characters from the Enpass detail page. Fixed.
- Few of you started getting error “nothing to import” while importing from Bitwarden. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where a few of you could not print items from Enpass.
Version 6.7.4 (933)
Release Date Nov 17, 2021
Good day, everyone! Today’s update is all about taking your autofill experience to next level when used with the latest extensions for your browsers. Previously, you had to move your cursor all the way to the Enpass icon in the browser toolbar to initiate autofill. Now, in the new extensions we’ve replaced this tedious process with a lightweight autofill popup menu that will appear on the web page itself with a list of suggestions to choose from.
This blazingly fast autofill experience is there for all the supported browsers, and you need to update the extensions as well.
- Support for Inline Autofill on browsers: Experience the new autofill using the inline popup menu, which is enabled by default and presents the logins, credit cards, and identities right there on the loaded forms on the webpage. This update has been made for all supported browsers.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Additional options to set keyboard shortcuts in your browser extensions to lock, autofill, and activate Enpass. The existing shortcuts (if any) will be reset.
- Some of you were getting a message —This version of Enpass is out of date— on launching the Enpass app. This has been fixed.
- While importing data from 1Password, some items were missing due to the large size of the note items. This has been fixed.
- Enpass was updating the password of another item with the same username. This has been fixed.
Version 6.7.2 (887)
Release Date Sep 10, 2021
Hello everyone! We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for using Wi-Fi sync and for sharing your feedback.
This update contains a few, but important fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant was not autofilling on the first attempt after unlock.
- The former Enpass version was able to import 1Password data only from the 1PIF folder. We have added a new option as “.1PIF file” alongside “.1PIF folder”. Fixed the issue where some users were not able to select the .1PIF file while importing 1Password data.
- Fixed an issue where the trashed items were also included in the Identical items list under Audit.
- Hint for the Search field in Enpass Assistant was being overlapped in the Chinese Language. Fixed.
Version 6.7.0 (867)
Release Date Aug 19, 2021
- The most awaited Enpass feature, Wi-Fi sync is at last, here. We have taken the word OFFLINE to a whole another level as now you get the option to sync your data across devices, CLOUDLESSLY — over your Wi-Fi or local network. This means you now have complete ownership of your data, and in turn, total peace of mind.
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
Fixed an issue where Enpass was not asking to save the changes in the item being edited if user clicked on any other item in the list.
On launching the URL from Assistant’s detail page, Enpass was opening it in the default browser instead of in the context of that particular browser.
After the recent Chrome browser update, the “Unknown Browser” message appeared on launching the browser extension. Fixed.
Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests, fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
Enpass was hanging on changing the backup location. Fixed.
Deleted Webform fields were left as zombies until the item itself was not deleted. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the detail page was becoming empty on shrinking the Enpass Window to collapse Sidebar.
For any questions or support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or @EnpassApp on Twitter.
Release Date Jun 10, 2021
We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advance settings to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
Added an option on welcome screen to Activate Enpass allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
- Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date March 30, 2021
Greetings everyone! This Enpass update contains a few but essential fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- Few of you reported issues with the Edit page, Login templates in Italian & Spanish languages. Fixed.
- Fixes for other minor bugs and crashes.
Release Date February 05, 2021
Good day everyone! Here comes the new, shiny update of Enpass. With this release, your security has gone a few notches higher with an improved Audit Section.
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- Various UI improvements. The settings screen will show tabs at the bottom for faster switching.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Few of you reported issues with frequent crashes on Enpass for Linux.
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- On launching from the System tray, the maximized window of Enpass was not minimizing.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
Version 6.5.1 (723)
Release Date October 07, 2020
- Duplicate any item now via the option in the main list context menu.
- Sorting of the Custom icons now in Reverse chronological order.
- Just to let you know that you have successfully copied the password via a shortcut, Now you will get a notification when you copy the password to the clipboard with a shortcut.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X (Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Alt+Tab shortcut wasn’t working as expected on Manjaro XFCE. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (707)
Release Date September 08, 2020
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
Other minor crashes and fixes.
Version 6.4.1 (643)
Release Date April 06, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols—while generating random passwords—now you can control which symbols should only be included in generated passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- An issue with iCloud sync getting signed out after a day. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 03, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: Enpass now supports OneDrive Business. If you have OneDrive already synced, your sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up the sync with OneDrive again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: As requested by a lot of you, we are adding a shortcut for displaying the passwords for a particular item by pressing Ctrl+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Enhanced Autofill: Your favorite feature, enpass Autofill, is now better than before.
- Improved performance for the item listing.
- Resolved issues with Categories for login items being displayed in the Spanish language.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date September 26, 2019
- Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs. We know you are eager to discern what exactly is happening behind the scenes. Most of the queries popping in your mind should be addressed here, if you still have some concerns feel free to reach out to support at email@example.com.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
Release Date July 11, 2019
- Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
- Issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in list.
- Issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date May 29, 2019
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: A section for the passwords which are Pwned (compromised in a hack) under the Password Audit sections. The app will securely check all your passwords against the list of breached passwords in the past (via haveibeenhacked.com), and if found, the compromised passwords will appear under this section, which we recommend should be changed immediately.
- Password subset: The feature makes a comeback, Enpass now lets you see certain characters of a password as specified by position. For example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: Now in addition to the JSON & TXT we also support exporting your data in the CSV format.
- Enhanced Import from other password managers: We have tweaked the import functionality, which will make Migration of your data from other (not so good) password managers to Enpass a cake walk.
- Tag Suggestions: Better tag suggestions, the app will auto-suggest the existing tags (along with the parent of the tag) as soon as you start trying them.
- Password Readability: This update improves the readability of Passwords against the light/dark backgrounds with a new color combination for the Digits, Uppercase, and Symbols.
- Option to clear ‘Recent items’ from the app: Now you can clear the list of Recent items from the app’s Menu bar.
- Exporting Trashed & Archived items: Enpass now also supports exporting your Trashed or Archived items, tick the check boxes for Trashed & Archived while exporting to a desired format.
- A bug which was impeding users from adding an attachment if the attachment had % symbol in its name. Fixed.
- A bug in the manual proxy configuration didn’t allow some users to configure the cloud sync has been resolved.
- The custom icons weren’t resized or cropped appropriately. Fixed.
- A UI bug where enabling/disabling the checkbox of ‘Autosubmit Login’ in Enpass Browser settings didn’t display the actual state. Fixed.
- If a Multiline field was marked as sensitive, then the information wasn’t concealed with bullets in the edit page. Fixed.
- While creating a new Tag, or sub-tag the focus automatically got back to the previously selected list in the Sidebar. Fixed.
- While re-ordering the fields, the scroller on the edit item page wasn’t moving with the field which was being re-ordered. Fixed.
- While printing the database, the app didn’t sort the database in the correct alphabetic order. Fixed.
- While copying or moving an item from one vault to another, the information saved in the Web form wasn’t copied/moved to the item in new vault. Fixed.
- For the Note category, clicking Ctrl+C in the Enpass Assistant didn’t copy the selected information. Fixed.
Release Date March 5, 2019
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Added an option (via Right clicking) to delete custom icons from the icon chooser.
- The Enpass Assistant is now more Keyboard friendly. You can open the main app (Ctrl+E), browser settings (Ctrl+,), stick the Assistant (Shift+Ctrl+D)or even quit the app (Ctrl+Q) from the Keyboard itself.
- While searching for information, the app now selects the first item by default from the results.
- Sometimes the main list was flicking after adding, editing, archiving or deleting items. Now all these actions are flicker-free.
- The sync messages are now localized.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- After restarting Enpass, the app window will no longer reset itself.
- Fixed the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.Fixed an issue where the item could be saved with an empty title if the title was cleared while editing the information.
- A bug causing the app to crash while importing data from Bitwarden has been squashed to ensure a smooth onboarding to Enpass.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- For those using multiple monitors, the app doesn’t resize itself while moving it to another monitor. It will also remember the monitor where the app was last opened.
Release Date January 31, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- Now the app can auto-lock itself when left idle for a particular time interval. You can enable this option from app settings under the ‘Security’ section.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 24, 2019
- Significantly improved synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- You can now remove multiple items from the Favorites.
- Improved Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with same name i.e like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike previous ver, password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to pronounceable passwords.
- Optimized CPU usage which was going high due to animation of sync icon.
- The item editing window now adjusts itself in accordance with the main app window.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in sidebar, item will be tagged upon creation.
- App now shows a warning dialog before Trashing an item.
- Improved sync with Google Drive.
- Added import for JSON file exported from Bitwarden password manager.
- Due to Proxy configuration on some of the desktops, app update was not getting download. Fixed.
- Issue where Auto-save dialog in dark theme was appearing in Grey, making it hard to read, fixed.
- App was freezing while setting up sync. Fixed.
- Issue when Enpass was crashing on opening an item from the browser extension using down arrow and Enter key. Fixed.
- Importing data from KeePass with empty titles made app to crash. Fixed.
- Issue where pressing Ctrl + F in Enpass extension was not bringing focus on Search bar if an item was selected in the list. Fixed.
Release Date January 03, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- HIGH CPU USAGE: The CPU usage was always high >0.5. It was due to the animation of syncing data. We have fixed it now.
- CRASH FIXES: Fixed a crash during import/upgrade of v5 data.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Create Your Own Categories: We have got a wide range of pre-defined categories that cover almost any information you want to store, but as you know sky’s the limit, you’re free to create your own categories to save data the way you want.
- Create Your Own Templates: Apart from bags of pre-defined templates, if you still feel missing at something, you can create your own templates in no time.
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers great autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- Dark theme: Added support for dark mode on macOS Mojave.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can check the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
Release Date April 23, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then ‘Check if pwned’ in the context menu.
- There was an issue where Enpass was not able to make a connection with the Firefox browser if it is already connected to the Firefox in another user account in the system. Now fixed.
- Some minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan 5, 2018
- Autocopy TOTP to Clipboard: Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP to clipboard after auto-filling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: With this update, you’ll be able to autofill the basic HTTP authentication dialogues in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- Fixes an issue where users were facing problem in importing data saved in non-English characters from Roboform and Lastpass password managers.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Sep 14, 2017
- Added Support for Firefox WebExtensions: We all know that the add-on SDK will be the past soon. Moving on with the Firefox, we’ll soon gonna come up with the WebExtension version of the Enpass extension that will work with this update. And yes, this update will not only work with the WebExtensions but the legacy add-ons as well.
- Brushes away a bug that was stuck to Enpass in any of last releases where the clipboard was getting cleared even if it is disabled from security settings.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date June 14, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API – Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync smooth and intact we’ve implemented the new v2 API.
- Improved functionality of Importing data from other password managers.
- Security fixes.
Release Date April 24, 2017
- Auto-locking in system inactivity timeout: Fixes an issue which got introduced in last update and the locking of Enpass after specified system inactivity time, stopped working.
- Memory cleanup for added security of data.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable updates & analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- CSV/DSV Import: A very rare but critical bug that may lead to undefined behavior for any user action on any specific field of item imported using generic CSV/DSV importer. Fixed.
- There was an issue with File chooser dialog which when invoked over Preferences window, and then user let the Enpass auto locks. Unlocking will the let the Enpass user interface in unstable state. Fixed and checked.
- Fixed an issue where EnpassHelper gets crashed while unlocking browser extension with quick unlock PIN.
- Fixed an issue when syncing with Google Drive used to stop due to the creation of multiple database files in Drive. Now sync will continue to function with the latest Enpass database. Expect more improvements to come in future builds.
- An issue where enabling sync with WebDAV/ownCloud was stuck at connecting has been fixed.
- Autosave dialog of Enpass helper used to behaving aberrantly by fluctuating once from localized to English language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue while importing TOTP fields from 1Password.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Jan 4, 2017
- Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Dec 21, 2016
- Quick PIN support: Set an alphanumeric PIN to quickly unlock Enpass if the App is already running in the background, otherwise, master password will be required.
- Autobackups: Now Enpass can take backup of your data automatically locally on your device. By default, this feature would be enabled.
- CSV/DSV Import: If you’re having your passwords and login details in CSV or any other delimiter separated file, you can now import them in Enpass using the all new custom CSV/DSV data importer.
- zxcvbn will show the strength of your passwords: We have empowered the password strength indicator with Dropbox zxcvbn to check you from choosing weak passwords. It will work only on those linux systems having 4.9 and later versions of libstdc++6.
- Selective field sharing: Sharing has gone better with an option to choose the fields to be shared rather than the whole item. So now you can share your bank details with anyone by removing login and other sensitive details. Cool, huh!
- Subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their position in a specified format.
- A better way to organize items: You can now create sub-folders by right clicking on parent folder in sidebar with an additional feature to move subfolders among parent folders by ‘drag n drop’. We have also improved the drag ’n’ drop behavior for moving items between categories and folders where now you also get the option of copying them (instead of moving only) by pressing and holding the ‘option’ key.
- Setting up a shortcut for autofilling: We have changed the way you used to setup the shortcut key for autofilling in browsers. Now instead of defining it in main Enpass App, you have to configure it in your browser extensions independently.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Enpass will now show a security warning message (while syncing) to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Error -120: Fixed an issue where Enpass shows error -120 while syncing esp. when the system wakes from sleep.
- System Tray icon issue: In some distros, the issue where Enpass system tray icon was not displayed on autostartup has been fixed.
- Launching of default browser: In some distros, the issue where clicking on URL was not opening the system’s default browser has been fixed.
- Fixes an issue of high CPU usage while syncing with WebDAV.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Aug 2, 2016
- Added Enpass extension support for Vivaldi browser. If you are already using Vivaldi browser with browser verification disabled, please enable the verification.
- Added import from Intel True key password manager.
- Diceware in Password generator – The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols.
- TOTP support for all categories except Secure Notes.
- Auto-fill support for all items – Along with logins, now you can auto-fill all types of items having a valid URL, username and password on login pages.
- Now you can use defined shortcut keys to copy username, password or to launch the url, from selected item in Enpass Extension (Helper).
- Added password length indicator on Edit page.
- Improvements in importing data from Roboform and Keepass.
- Improved Tray icon handler: Single click on tray icon will open Extension windows, while double click will open the main Enpass app.
- Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that it was consuming high memory comparatively.
- Fixed following issues in syncing after the system woke up from sleep mode
-High CPU usage while syncing.
-Progress wheel keep rotating while sync operation.
-Sometimes the username of cloud service was not displayed.
- The issue where Enpass resets the Window size at each restart has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass automatically clears the clipboard for other apps.
- Fixed an issue where ‘update’ button in browser extension was getting disabled, while changing a password on website.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date May 3, 2016
Hello, Dear Enpass Linux users! This update have some rollbacks to previous versions for convenience of users:
- High DPI scaling disabled by default – Enpass 5.2.1 will disable High DPI scaling by default. So to enable High DPI scaling, you have to set environment variable QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1.
- OpenSSL usage – Enpass will now use the OpenSSL library that comes bundled with it by default.
Release Date April 25, 2016
- TOTP Support – From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
- Autorun on startup – You can set Enpass to start automatically with system restart/login.
- New Import: Added import from 1Password OPVault, Pocket and Password Depot.
- Catalan language added.
- Item details in Extension – Unlike before you will now be able to see the item details from Extension Window.
- Option to set color of System tray icon for dark and light theme.
- Improvements in importing data from SafeInCloud and Keepass.
- Dropbox Sync issue fixed.
- Other Minor issues.
Release Date Feb 24 , 2016
- Enpass extension for Opera: Enpass extension support is added for Opera browser.
- New Imports: Imports from some other password managers are added.
- Implemented new API of OneDrive for better syncing.
- The dependency of adding libappindicator1 package to show Enpass on system tray has been removed.
- The issue in using browser extension with dual monitor has been fixed.
- The flickering pixel issue in using Enpass on high resolution monitors has been fixed.
- Issue in syncing to WebDav has been fixed.
Release Date Oct 28, 2015
- Browser Extension Support- Now enjoy hassle free browsing on Chrome and Firefox using Enpass Extension that will make you forget your passwords forever. It autofills your logins and credit cards, detects and saves new logins, assists in changing passwords and seamless integration with browser. You can Install browser extensions from Enpass Setings->Browser->Install Browser extensions. For more info visit “https://www.enpass.io/enpass-browser-extension/“
- Password Audit– Now no reason to be lazy for changing weak and old passwords. You don’t need to manually scan every item for vulnerable passwords. Password audit feature gives you a quick eye over all such passwords with just a click.
- More import options– Now import your data from Password Padlock and Password Gorilla.
- UI– New rounded icons.
- Proxy Configuration is now supported.
- Password generator– Password generator will now keep a history of latest five generated+copied passwords with timestamps and domains (in case password is generated+copied in extension).
- Data importing– Improved importing data from 1Password.
- Many UI improvements.
- Issues in syncing with WebDAV/ownCloud.
Release Date June 5, 2015
- WebDAV/ownCloud connection bug fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 20, 2015
- APT repository available for ubuntu.
- Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Shows last modified date in Details.
- Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
- Shows total number of items in Sidebar and categories.
- Improved Password Strength detector.
- Improved Search functionality.
- Hide/Show SubTitles.
- Improved Translations.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date March 09, 2015
- New app icon.
- Copy from note bug fixed.
- SafeInCloud import added.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
- Initial release.