Enpass Release Notes for iOS
Release Date September 25, 2019
We are back, with a snazzy new update to prolong the excitement set in motion by the Apple event last week. You’ve guessed it right, it’s about iOS 13, the most powerful iOS till date. We have power packed Enpass with a new update to match the newest iOS. So without much ado, jump over the list of new features below:
- Dark mode: Ever since the release of Dark mode for MacOS, just like the rest of the world, we have been anxiously waiting for Apple to bring the dark theme feature to the iOS universe. Apart from its gritty and edgy appearance, the dark theme is quite practical too. Nobody likes to wake up to the blinding bright screen of their phone in the middle of the night. The dark theme however lets you ease into your mobile while checking your email or other notifications.
- Voice Control: Enpass now supports voice commands, one of the most impressive new feature in iOS 13. From basic features like scrolling to advance navigation in Enpass, you can use voice control feature in full capacity.
- Website Icons: The new update now provides support for the long-awaited Website icons aka Favicons. You can now distinguish items based on their actual familiar icons for the URL saved in them allowing you to navigate faster than ever before. Head straight to “Enpass Settings” > General and enable “Use Website Icons”, and see all those icons start popping up, giving you all new experience of using Enpass.
- Enpass is now more friendly to accessibility services with better support for voice over and dynamic text size.
- Word-count for pronounceable passwords increased to 15.
- Master password is now required to export the keyfile being used for any vault.
- Complete WebDAV URL is now displayed along with the other sync information on vault settings.
- Other minor improvements to make your Enpass experience smoother.
Items with same title were randomly sorted in the list. Fixed to consider other details of the items for proper sorting.
- History of fields other than password type was also masked by bullets. Now fixed.
- Enpass was crashing while deleting the unused tags with no association to any items. Fixed.
- Template for Server was having incorrect field-type for field “IP address”. Changed to type URL.
Release Date June 06, 2019
Tag suggestion: Enpass will suggest (available) tags while adding/editing tags of an item.
Pwned passwords under Audit: Check all your passwords at once against haveibeenpwned.com from the Audit Tab.
Now users can quickly generate new passwords directly from the Audit Tab.
Lock the Enpass app by clicking on the settings and Lock now.
Option to hide categories, now available under Settings>General>Categories.
Enhanced all item list, now showing the total items added at the bottom of the list.
Acknowledgement for using a credential used for 1 application on a different application (identified by URL).
Now select/copy options available for Notes (Categories & item details).
Improved the colors used for different characters of passwords for better visibility.
Ability to crop images before adding as an attachment.
Users can now remove custom icon (if available) from any item.
Apple Watch was not displaying the TOTP of 8 digits.
Improved Password Autofill.
Enable sync option now will be displayed on fewer instances.
Fixed issue where some users were not able to see the URL while restoring/backing up data through Wi-Fi.
Resolved the issue where Keyboard overlaps the master password field on iPads in landscape mode.
An issue with Jailbreak devices where Keyfile & Touch ID/Face ID were being used simultaneously, now only either of the option can be used on the jailbroken devices.
Fixed issues related to Match URL Hostname settings.
Minor fixes on the UI.
Release Date March 26, 2019
- Adding new item from the AutoFill Password and Enpass Safari extension– Earlier Enpass only autofills the login details in Apps, Safari browser. But from now onwards, you can create a new item by manually entering the details from the AutoFill Password and Enpass Safari extension itself.
- The identical characters (like I and l, 0 and O, etc.) in the password field will now have different fonts making them more clear and readable.
- For Apple Watch users, if a PIN is set for the Enpass app on Watch, then the app will ask for the PIN every time you access any information.
- Removed the limitation where the app wasn’t allowing the Note field of an item to be shown on the Apple Watch.
- Improved the attachments behavior which now allows adding attachments to the Note Category.
- For iCloud sync users, the sync errors messages are more clear and descriptive.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- A bug where unlocking the app with sync enabled made the app unresponsive for a few seconds. Fixed.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- Fixed a glitch in the UI where the multi-line field was not adjusting itself as per the text entered.
- Fixed a rare issue which sometimes showed the All Items list as empty.
- After setting up a secondary vault by restoring data from the cloud, the app changed the previously set vault icon. Fixed.
- While sharing an item, if only Note field was selected from All Fields then the share option got disabled. Fixed.
- Resetting Enpass via ‘Erase Everything’ under Advanced settings didn’t clear the manually set ‘lock on leaving’ and ‘Auto-lock’ time intervals in the app security settings. Fixed.
- In iOS 9.3, unlocking app via Touch ID sometimes made the app to crash. Fixed.
- The item count wasn’t updating under the Group tab if an item is added or removed from a section. Fixed.
Release Date February 4, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- The UI issues where the URL field on the item detail and PIN on Apple Watch weren’t properly displayed. Fixed.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in Password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 25, 2019
- Significantly improved the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. A big thanks to all those beloved users who shared the demo accounts and supported us in refining the WebDAV sync.
- Improved the Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with the same name, i.e. like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike the previous version, the improved password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to the pronounceable passwords.
- Improved the UI where viewing attachment in fullscreen showed the Enpass toolbars at the bottom covering a small part of the image itself.
- Improved the synchronization with Google Drive.
- While using the Password Autofill, the app made the unlock sound even if it’s disabled from the app settings. Fixed.
- An issue where Enpass was displaying a wrong message after checking a password against the list of breached passwords- Have I Been Pwned. Fixed.
- If you had excluded some symbols form the password generator, a few of them were still appearing in the generated password. Fixed.
- An issue where the Archived and Trashed items were shown under the Audit and while using the Autofill. Fixed.
- Fixed a rare issue where re-ordering the fields of an item made some Section to be arranged incorrectly.
- Fixed a problem where enabling ‘Match URL Hostname’ doesn’t show the relevant items for a web-page.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Use’ button on Password History page wasn’t working.
- Fixed an issue where Autofill using Safari app extension wasn’t working on iOS 9.3.
- Fixed a problem where renaming the Tags was not being synchronized with other devices.
Release Date January 14, 2019
- There was an issue for some of the users, where Enpass was sometimes asking for Master Password instead of Touch/Face ID.
- Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem, please drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
Release Date January 01, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- PROBLEM RESTORING PREVIOUS iOS PURCHASES: Users, who purchased Enpass v4 or earlier (at times when Enpass itself was a paid app rather than in-app purchase), were having trouble restoring their purchase and were asked to purchase again. Sorry for this! We have fixed it now and your purchase should be restored now.
- CRASH ON iOS 9: Enpass was crashing on iOS devices running iOS 9.x. Now Fixed.
- PROBLEM COPYING TOTP: We have fixed the issue where the TOTP was not being copied on clipboard automatically after autofill. Fixed.
- PROBLEM DISABLING SETTING for ‘MATCH URL HOSTNAME’: The setting for Match URL Hostmane was not getting disabled. Fixed
- There was a problem where the order of section headers were getting out of place. Fixed.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- New, Exciting UI: You will jump for joy to see your loving Enpass in all new shape ‘n’ design. Loads of features packed right in the tab bar to make it more easy for you to access data, autofill items and more. Alas! The sidebar just died yesterday for better future.
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Dynamic Type Support: Ahem! Users, who like to see their favorite apps supporting their preferred text size where iOS switches fonts automatically as needed, have an extra reason to clap for us. … We heard it, thank-you!
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Autocopy TOTP to Clipboard: Enpass can now auto copy the TOTP, just after filling the login details and you can paste that right in there. Go and set 2-step verification on all your logins.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Improved Support for Rtl Languages: Sorry for the trouble that our beloved Enpassians of Arabic and Hebrew language systems had to go through in previous version. Now time for you to be on cloud nine. Just check this version and let us know how we worked.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date September 26, 2018
- Fixed an issue where the app was crashing on saving the edited item in some special cases.
- Fixed an issue where the Password Autofill was not working for some apps.
Release Date September 19, 2018
- Password Autofill: Apple has introduced the built-in support for password autofilling in apps and browsers using the third party password managers, and now you do not need to switch to Enpass to copy the login details in apps. By enabling the Password autofill in iOS, you can now autofill your login details saved in Enpass, in a go. To enable go to Device Settings > “Passwords & Accounts” > “Autofill Passwords” and select Enpass.
- Siri Shortcuts: Another really exciting thing in iOS 12 is that you can open shortcuts in apps for Siri to perform a specific action in that app. What else could have been more helpful in situations, when we have to immediately look into Enpass for an item. Now you can tell Siri to do that for you.
Just define custom phrases in Enpass for the items you frequently use, using the option “Add to Siri”; then record your command and it’s done. Next time when you need to peek into any item, just ask Siri to open that item using your recorded phrase.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
Release Date Mar 22, 2018
- There was an issue in Enpass app extension, which was creating problem while unlocking Enpass keychain through Touch or Face ID by entering into a never-ending loop. Now fixed.
Release Date December 5, 2017
- Support for Face ID on iPhone X.
- Minor fixes.
Release Date September 7, 2017
- Some of our users on iOS 11 beta reported a UI issue where Enpass data was sometimes getting disappeared. We have fixed that now in this version along with some other minor improvements in UI and localization.
Release Date August 8, 2017
- Enpass users on jailbroken iOS device will be notified and would not be able to unlock keychain using PIN code. Also, a setting to keep the keychain unlocked in background (Lock on leaving) will no more be accessible on jailbroken devices.
- Other minor improvements.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API – Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync experience as smooth as it was, we’ve implemented the new v2 API. #ATTENTION – The minimum requirement to use the v2 API is iOS 9, so from now on, the minimum required version to use Enpass on iOS devices has been upgraded from iOS 8 to iOS 9.
- There was an issue in autofilling login details of Google account in Safari browser which has been fixed now.
- One of our fine user reported an issue in autofilling on websites with IP address only (without domain name). Fixed now. Thank-you dear ‘fine user’ for reporting this.
- Fixes an issue where in some scenario the sync icon keep showing progress even after the sync was disconnected.
Release Date May 15, 2017
- Added an option in Settings under Browser section to let you choose your default browser to open links into that. Previously, it used to show only Enpass and Safari Browser, while now you’d see Firefox, Chrome and Opera as options, if installed.
- Error 403 while syncing with Google Drive: Syncing with Google Drive: Since last week, some of our loving users were not able to setup sync with Google drive due to deprecation of Google authentication APIs. We have implemented the new APIs and the issue has been fixed now. We really feel sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
* In our last update, we implemented the latest iOS “Secure Enclave” which led to crashing of Enpass on some of iOS 8 users’ devices. Now fixed.
Release Date April 17, 2017
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the operation of opening attachments in any external app was crashing Enpass.
- A bug was reported where master password was asked to unlock Enpass even if the Touch ID was enabled.
- Fixed an issue with autofill script where the autofilling of password on Google account page was not done for a specified username (when the username is already there on page as in case of switching Google accounts).
- Enpass was autosubmitting the login in Safari extension even if the autosubmit was disabled in settings.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. Images taken from Camera or Photo gallery can be added directly while another type of files can only be attached from iCloud Drive. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable update and analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- Added an option as “Match URL hostname” under Browser settings of Enpass enabling which will autofill only if the URL hostname is an exact match i.e. items saved with URL as domain.com will not be available for auto filling on website subd.domain.com.
- Fixed an issue in Google Drive sync where syncing used to stop due to the creation of multiple folders and files.
Release Date Dec 5, 2016
- Password strength analysis: We have standardized the process of password strength estimation by implementing a well known project of Dropbox named “zxcbvn”. You will now get a better estimation about strength of your passwords.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Some security fixes have been placed. Enpass will now show a sync warning message to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and setup sync again.
Release Date Aug 30, 2016
- You can now generate passwords from the Safari Extension itself while creating a new item or updating the existing one.
- Instead of sharing whole item on Apple Watch, you can now manually select the fields to be displayed in the Apple Watch.
- Introduced a new Enpass URL Scheme for iOS devices through which you can create a link to any Enpass item and access that item directly through that link. You can get this URL from the item’s Details screen.
- Added an option to open the list of favorite items using the Force Touch on Enpass icon, right from the home screen.
- Added an item action (Peek+Swipe up) to directly copy the TOTP when you peek into any item.
- Sensitive fields on the edit page would now be hidden by bullets.
- A quick setup page has been introduced to enable Touch-ID and Cloud sync while setting up Enpass for first time or re-storing the data.
- Enpass will now let you know about any issue or alert (like sync errors or items remaining in trial version) in a very intuitive and friendly way just like a removable item in the list.
- As a new user, you can start Enpass with sample items and don’t miss the new Welcome page.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to change the icon of any item to default from the URL specific one as it was reverting back to the icon of the URL.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date June 20, 2016
- Supports Apple Watch OS 2 – Another big reason to love your Apple Watch because you can now use Enpass on Watch even if you are away from your iPhone. Thanks to Watch OS 2 that let us keep Enpass data on Watch itself. Also the minimum requirements for Enpass on Watch is now Watch OS 2.
- Search in all items – Introduced an option to search in All items instead of list you are in. So if you search a lot for your items, its a respite from switching the list before searching.
- Diceware in Password generator – The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols in that. Its worth a try.
- Enpass Extensions for Safari Improved – We have added a lot of goodies in Enpass extensions as
– Editing of item (now including the notes) from Extension itself without switching to main Enpass App.
– Detail page in Extension now shows Password history and Last Modified Time.
- UI Improvements: Enpass is now more beautiful and catchy for your eyes. Another big reason to keep switching to it.
– The whole new design of sidebar.
– Bar and Field labels on detail page of any item will be in themed in color of item’s icon.
- Improved autofill script in Web browser – Has become smarter in autofilling. You’ll find it yourself.
- Option to show TOTP only – You’ve now an option on your device to show only the TOTP on Apple Watch.
- Safari extension now works on iOS 8.0 and 8.1 devices.
- Fixed an issue where the copies of an item was created in parent folders hierarchy While creating a new item in child folder.
- We have fixed some other minor issues as well.
Release Date April 29, 2016
- TOTP support for all items : Now instead of only logins, you can add the TOTP field in all your Enpass items.
- Touch ID/PIN code bug fixed: We have fixed an issue in Enpass 5.2.0 where Master Password was prompted after App restart even if Touch ID or PIN code was enabled.
- Minor other bug fixes.
Release Date April 15, 2016
- TOTP Support -From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
- Catalan language added.
- Force touch improved to Peek, Pop, and preview items from list – With a firm touch on any item in list, you can peep into that and press a bit more you’ll be onto its details.
- Selective field sharing – You will now have an option to choose the fields in any item before sharing it with someone. Isn’t it cool?
- Search in Safari Extension – Safari extension of Enpass is now competent enough to let you search in all items for better autofilling.
- Support for custom URL scheme – Enpass is now capable enough to detect and launch all type of URLs.
- PIN Code length increased to maximum of 10 digits.
- Enpass extension can update the password from Safari extension to Enpass keychain.
- Enpass browser is now faster with the implementation of Apple’s latest rendering Engine WKWebView.
- If you open Enpass with any URL copied on clipboard, you will be prompted to open that in Enpass Browser.
- Added support for Duckduckgo and Qwant search engine in Enpass browser.
- Option to change user agent of Enpass browser (iOS 9.0 and above).
- Enpass browser can save history of recent searches and URLs.
- Enpass browser can now detect the SSL certificates of websites and will block them if the certificate is invalid or expired.
- Master password will be mandatory after every device boot.
- Fixed an issue of Error -114 in WebDAV servers where Enpass was unable to parse the File timestamp.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Feb 25, 2016
- Fixed an issue with actions associated with Quick action menu which appear on Force Touch at home screen.
- Improved performance of Safari extension at the time of Saving new login directly to keychain.
Release Date Feb 3, 2016
- Crashing of Enpass on iOS 8.4.1 devices.
- Issue related to PIN code settings.
Release Date Feb 1, 2016
- Support for Spotlight Search in iOS 9.0 or later.
- 3D/Force touch support in iPhone 6s & 6s Plus.
- Support for Split view & Slide over in iPad devices.
- New User Interface with alluring icons.
- More default search engine options in the Enpass browser.
- New Box cloud sync sdk.
- Fields re-ordering in an item.
- Changing default category of an item.
- Improved Safari browser extension: Now you can edit, save new login, autosubmit logins with the Safari Extension.
- Auto lock mechanism has also been improved.
- Minor bugs fixes.
Release Date Nov 25, 2015
- Security update when Enpass is unlocked with Touch ID and Siri.
- Clear clipboard bug fixed for iOS 9.
Release Date Sept 15, 2015
- Compatibility changes for next Major release Enpass 5 with Browser Extensions.
- New SDK for OneDrive added. Please enable sync again from settings.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date July 15, 2015
- Enpass now supports Apple Watch.
- Minor improvements.
Release Date May 21, 2015
- Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Improved AutoFill in EnpassBrowser.
- Improved Password Strength detector.
- Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
- Added Autofill of Credit Cards details.
- Improved Search functionality.
- Hide/Show SubTitles.
- Shows last modified date in Details.
- Improved Translations.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date April 30, 2015
- New app Icon.
- Added Danish language support.
- Translations improved.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Mar 14, 2015
- Crash on clicking browser button fixed for iPad.
- Crash during rotation fixed for iPad.
- Box sync crash fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
- Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
- Autolock mechanism improved.
- Quick PIN code unlock added.
- Touch ID support for quick unlock added.
- Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
- Strength indicators added to all passwords.
- Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
- Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
- Keeps history of recently generated passwords.
- Sync now supports all major clouds (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box).
- See your cloud account details on sync page.
- See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
- Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
BROWSER & AUTOFILL:
- Now Autofill login details on default Safari browser through Enpass extension.
- Improved Enpass browser with multiple tabs and better autofilling.
- Enpass browser now runs parallel with main app and supports seamless switching.
- Default item fields can be deleted.
- Reorder/hide/remove categories/folders in sidebar.
- Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
- Font size can be adjusted for item detail.
- Added option to control access for Third Party Keyboards.
- Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
- Subfolder support added.
- Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
Release Date Jan. 20, 2014
- Clear cookies on Enpass browser exit.
- Zoom fixed in Enpass browser.
- Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 28, 2013
- New UI with sidebar.
- Minor browser improvements.
- Crash Bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 14, 2013
- Text suggestions disabled on username and password fields.
- Translations corrections.
- iCloud restore and sync bug fixed.
- Keyboard issue fixed.
Release Date Dec. 3, 2013
- Update notification improved.
- Russian translation improved.
- https URL launch failure bug fixed.
Release Date Nov. 26, 2013
- Autofill login bug fixed.
- Minor improvements.
Release Date Nov. 21, 2013
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Nov. 19, 2013
- Initial release.