Enpass Release Notes for iOS
Version 6.9.2 (771)
Release Date Sep 19, 2023
Great news for your security! Enpass is leaping into the passwordless future with passkey management for iOS 17.
Passkeys are a super-secure way sign in to websites and apps using Face ID or Touch ID.
If Autofill is enabled in your Enpass settings, your iOS device can now use Enpass to create passkeys for your accounts, automatically signing you in when you provide a fingerprint or facial ID.
How passkeys work?
When you create an account using a passkey for authentication, your iOS device generates a pair of “keys” that only work when used together. One key lives on the account, and the other lives encrypted on your device. When logging into that account, you use Face ID or Touch ID to allow the two keys to match together, confirm you’re really you, and log you in.
Why passkeys over password?
Because passkeys have two parts, kept in different places, they can’t be guessed, stolen, hacked, or captured by scammers — which makes passkeys exponentially more secure than passwords.
Why use Enpass for your passkeys?
It’s simple: Originally, passkeys were device-specific, but with Enpass, you can sync your passkeys across your devices, making your accounts more secure no matter which device you’re using to login.
Version 6.9.1 (751)
Release Date July 25, 2023
- Fixed an issue reported by some users after the last update, which caused Enpass to crash after unlocking.
Version 6.9.0 (749)
Release Date July 20, 2023
Hello, everyone! We’re thrilled to bring you a new update packed with impressive features to enhance your security & experience on Enpass, for both our Personal and Business plan users. This release sets a higher bar for us as we’ve revisited and refined these features repeatedly, ensuring we surpass our own expectations.
Your security is our priority!! In this update, we’ve strengthened the encryption of your Enpass data by increasing the number of iterations used on your master password for deriving the encryption key.
This release also marks a landmark moment in the Enpass journey as we’ve introduced much-requested features for our Enpass Business enterprise clients. This includes help for those who’ve forgotten their master passwords and the ability for admins to have a security dashboard with overall health score, information on vaults and lot more. Keep reading…
- Introducing Enpass Hub! Uncovering the most-demanded features for Enpass Business enterprise clients, that include:
- Access Recovery for users who have lost their Master Password
- And enhanced Admin Console tools that make it easy to…
- Oversee vaults in organization’s cloud (Microsoft 365)
- Monitor password health of your organization overall
- Identify employees whose weak or compromised passwords are a security risk
- Adding shared vaults to your Enpass app with a single click
Read more about Enpass Hub and how to add it to your Enpass Enterprise plan.
- Business users having different Primary Email address and Username, were getting error while trying to connect to OneDrive if license is assigned to username. Fixed.
- Added template for storing Cryptocurrency wallets (under Finance in the Add New Items screen)
- Peek at your Master Password in Settings > Vaults by authenticating with biometrics
- Strengthened the security of your vaults by optimizing the key generation process. The encryption key derived from your master password, which is used to secure your data, will now undergo 320K rounds of PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512 iterations, a substantial increase from the previous 100K rounds. All existing vaults (excluding backups) will be upgraded.
- No more crashes when removing, then re-adding, an Item’s website icon
- Searching now works for password that contains the “%” symbol
- Resolved an issue with enpass:// URL scheme
- Resolved status conflict when Lite users upgrade to Premium
- Resolved problem connecting to Nextcloud
- Resolved rare bug in which changes would not get saved when editing an Item
Version 6.8.7 (710)
Release Date May 08, 2023
Two fixes, a security improvement, and an Enpass Business back-end tweak for you this update.
- Fixed a rare error in Autofill (‘Failed to receive information from the Enpass app’).
- Fixed a rare issue of the app failing to identify a paid user’s subscription plan
- Sharing individual Items in Enpass will now require using a pre-shared key (PSK).
- Microsoft 365 permissions scopes updated.
Release Date Nov 29, 2022
- Added support for Folder Sync in iOS — Enpass can now sync with vaults stored only on local devices rather than on cloud services.
Release Date Nov 04, 2022
- Fixed an issue where app was freezing after unlocking for some users.
Release Date Oct 31, 2022
Hello, everyone! We’ve improved security and squashed some annoying little bugs in this release.
- Added SSL certificate pinning for stronger security when communicating with Enpass servers.
- Fixed: “Invalid Secret Key” error when generating one-time codes of more than 100 characters.
- Fixed: In some cases, passwords changed on one device were not syncing correctly, even though other updates did.
- Fixed a few minor bugs and crashes.
Release Date Sep 27, 2022
Hello, everyone! We have some great changes for you in this release, including site-specific generated passwords, improvements for Enpass Business users, and a squished bug for vaults in OneDrive on iOS.
- Built-in Password Generator now checks if a website has specific password requirements before generating password suggestions.
- In compliance with new Apple requirements, Enpass for iOS now include in-app account-deletion option.
- Vaults can now be created and stored in the Files section of Microsoft Teams channels.
- Search is now available when opening or creating a vault in SharePoint Sites and Teams Channels.
- Admins can now specify requirements and restrictions for Enpass to use when generating passwords.
- Admins can now specify terms that should be discouraged from use in passwords.
- Admins can now set users’ ability to create and share secondary vaults.
- Resolved problem for some Enpass Business user unable to restoring vaults from OneDrive on iOS.
Release Date May 19, 2022
- Fixed an issue with Dropbox syncing where the users were required to “Re-authenticate” with Dropbox very frequently.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date May 3, 2022
Hello everyone. We’re excited to share a big update with you. This release isn’t just about bug fixes and minor improvements. We’re celebrating the start of a whole new era for Enpass – Enpass for Business!
Businesses and large enterprises can now use Enpass to secure the passwords and sensitive data of their teams, and yes – we are still OFFLINE. We know not everyone is comfortable storing their passwords on someone else’s servers, and that applies to businesses too. Your wait for an offline password manager for your workplace over now that Enpass for Business is here.
We’ve also made many productivity improvements. So, grab a coffee and go through the changelog:
- Enpass for businesses: If you’re in a business not using any password manager for team members and waited for any offline one, your wait is over! Enpass Business is here – keep your business sensitive data on your devices/cloud, set password policies, onboard users via SCIM supported Active Directory and there’s lot more if you’re using Microsoft 365 Business. Checkout our website for more!
- Automatic Compromised Password Checker: Password auditing has become more effective with added security. Compromised password checking is now automatic in Enpass and triggers whenever a new password is added or changed. Just turn it on from Audit > Compromised.
- Added a new Search tab in the bottom bar to make your search easier with a quick view of recently used items.
- While creating or editing an item, you’ll now get suggestions to auto-complete the fields for Usernames, Emails, and Phone numbers with the most used values in the selected vault.
- On the Edit page, you will now have an option for password fields to use a password from the generator’s history. This is helpful when password for any website is changed successfully using the browser extension but the extension itself fails to capture the updated password for any reason. You can now manually edit the item and access the last generated password using this option.
- Now make bottomless notes! Yeah, you heard it right, the Note field can now take all the text you want to enter. Along with this, we have also improved the notes for you to view the top 4 lines.
- The time interval for one-time codes can be changed from the default value of 30 seconds.
- Revamped the bottom bar to deliver faster navigation and search experience. Groups tab is now “Browse” with improved UI.
- Added an option to hide website and username suggestions on the keyboard while auto-filling.
- The process of setting up Enpass is now faster and more fluent with first choosing the location for the vault followed by Master Password.
IMPROVEMENTS FOR MULTIPLE VAULT USERS:
- Added an option to select vaults whose items will be displayed in iOS Widget.
- Improved the vault selection behavior while saving items in Enpass. Earlier, Enpass used to store items in the pre-defined vault but now we have added options to “Always Ask” or save items in the currently “Selected Vault”. This avoids creating items in the wrong vault if the user forgets to change the pre-defined vault while creating items from the app or autosaving via browser extensions.
- Improved user experience of adding multiple vaults by first choosing the location for vault followed by its password.
- Fixed an issue where the sync with box.com disconnected while trying to re-authenticate.
- Few of our users reported an issue where the app was disconnecting the sync and returning 401 error code. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the custom icon set for secondary vault was getting removed on restart.
- Fixed an issue where the Cyrillic characters in an attachment were not displayed properly while previewing attachments.
Release Date Sep 28, 2021
Hello everyone! We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for using Wi-Fi sync and for sharing your feedback.
This update contains a few but important fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- While editing date fields in an item, the date selector UI was not functioning as expected. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date Aug 19, 2021
One of the most awaited Enpass feature – Wi-Fi sync, is at last, here. We have taken the word “offline” to a whole another level as now, you get the option to sync your data across devices, cloudlessly, over the Wi-Fi or your local network. This means you now have complete ownership of your data, and in turn, total peace of mind.
- Introducing Wi-Fi Sync as a new way to sync data, without using any cloud service. You can now sync between devices connected over your Wi-Fi or local network. Read more about it here
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
- Enpass can now trigger sync while autofilling passwords. Earlier, users had to first switch to the main Enpass app to sync the changes made on other devices before they can autofill them.
- The snapshot of Enpass interface used to be visible while using App Switcher. Now it will be obscured by the privacy protection view on top of the main screen when Enpass goes to the background.
- Few users reported a crash while trying to add items in the Default vault (the vault set to always save items in) that had already been removed.
- Fixed an issue where the users were unable to open the items while searching in Tags.
- Few of you reported issues with item listing while auto-filling, now fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 24, 2021
In today’s update, we have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, it used to read the clipboard automatically on every launch to look for shared items. Now by default, it won’t access the clipboard on start and you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen. If you want Enpass to check the clipboard at the start, as it used to be, enable a preference ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ under Advanced Preferences.
Added an option on the welcome screen to Activate Enpass, allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue in Password Autofill, where items from all vaults were listed even if a particular vault was selected in the main app.
- Few of you reported getting the ‘Unlock using Touch ID’ pop up after restarting the app every time, even if the Touch ID option is already enabled.
- Fixed an issue with the scrolling in large notes where it was jumping to the end on tapping anywhere in middle.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date February 05, 2021
- Quick! This patch release takes care of the sync issue with One Drive and Dropbox faced by a few of you.
Release Date January 01, 2021
- Minor improvements in the Audit section.
- Fixed an issue where users could not attach files in an item.
Release Date December 14, 2020
- Breach Monitoring: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any information to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- New design of Audit section as a unified security dashboard to quickly pinpoint any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to sync through NextCloud.
- Restoring data from the cloud has gone faster. You don’t have to wait until all the attachments are downloaded.
- While autofilling using iOS Password Autofill, items used frequently will now be displayed on top in the quick tab bar.
- Along with Safari, Chrome & Firefox, Enpass now supports opening links in Brave, Vivaldi & Edge browsers, if installed.
- Now easier to choose the language of Enpass. The list of languages under advanced settings of Enpass is now alphabetically sorted along with its English name.
- Weak and Identical password list now displays the count of items in the headers.
- Now get the option to select the vault on all the tabs.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Now, if you have to change the password for your WebDAV account, just click on the Re-authenticate button on the WebDAV setup page.
- Fixed an issue with iCloud Sync returning “No internet Connection” with the primary vault.
- Custom icon created in iOS was being displayed as blank on Desktop. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where clipboard got cleared automatically after using a password on a website.
- The keyboard was not displayed upon multiple failures from Touch ID. Fixed.
- Resolved an issue where the items were still displayed under associated tags, even after deletion.
- Few of you reported issues with Lock-on leaving and Automatic lock not working appropriately. Fixed.
Release Date November 18, 2020
- we have updated a few things on our subscription system.
Release Date September 21, 2020
- Quick! Today’s update contains a fix for crash faced by customers signing up for Enpass Premium.
Release Date September 08, 2020
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Enpass was giving ‘No Internet connection’ error even when the sync was connected. Fixed
- An issue with WebDAV sync resolved.
- Fixed an issue with password autofill, where it was not showing all the items.
- The custom icon for a Vault was discarded on relaunching the app. Fixed.
- An issue with the default value of the Date field. Fixed.
Release Date July 28, 2020
- View your passwords in a larger font. Access it in app and while autofilling by taping on the password field and select ‘View Large’.
- Added option to enable/disable auto copying of One-time Passwords while enabling Password Autofill from Device Settings.
- To share an item, now you don’t have to think of Pre-shared Key, aka PSK. The Enpass password generator is available for you right there on ‘Add PSK’ page.
- Faster autofill while using suggestions from keyboard. Try it out to feel the difference.
- Few users were unable to Export/Save/Send attachments of an unsupported format. Fixed
- Fixed an issue with the unlocking of the app extension using the master password.
- An issue with custom templates where the order of fields shuffled after syncing on other devices. Fixed
- Fixed a crash on iOS-11 while generating a password.
- Sync page was showing the name of OneDrive users. Now replaced with the e-mail address to avoid confusion.
- On opening an item with Siri, the item card was not clearing. Fixed.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Translations improvements.
- Other minor fixes for bugs and crashes.
Release Date June 15, 2020
- In this release, we have fixed an issue where some of the users reported crash with WebDAV accounts having “[“, “]” in the URL.
Release Date May 19, 2020
- Users could not restore the data saved on their Dropbox account. Fixed.
Release Date April 24, 2020
- Some of our users reported a crash in Enpass while editing the field-labels in data imported from other password managers. We have fixed that issue in this update.
Release Date March 31, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols, now you can also specify the exact symbols that need to be included while generating random passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- Fixed an issue with iCloud sync, which was getting signed out after a day, Just reconnect your iCloud account.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 16, 2020
- This quick release improves the app performance while unlocking and has fixes for few bugs & crashes.
Release Date March 03, 2020
- Enpass now supports OneDrive Business. If you have OneDrive already synced, your sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up the sync with OneDrive again.
- Option to dismiss the registration reminder for Pro/Premium users.
- Improved performance for the item listing.
- Fixed an issue where some users’ items were listed twice.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Some users had reported that templates were missing while creating a new item. Fixed.
- Handled the crashing while trying to unlock via Touch/Face ID.
- Few Users reported that they were unable to have the Apple Watch enabled. Fixed.
- Displaying old password while autofilling. Fixed.
- Enpass was asking for an already existing URL to be added again. Fixed.
- App used to crash when trying to connect to WebDAV in case the path contained “[” “]”. Fixed
- Formatting issue while displaying attachments with the language set as Dutch. Fixed.
- Partial Enpass logo was being displayed on Enpass extension. Fixed.
- CAPS letter was turned on while typing the password fields. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date December 20, 2019
- Better visibility of passwords in the dark theme.
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date November 27, 2019
- Unable to process TOTP with spaces. Fixed.
- Squashed a few crashes.
Release Date November 19, 2019
We are super excited to roll out this update for Enpass that gives you loads of awesomeness that you truly deserve. Instead of purchasing individually for different platforms, you can now enjoy your in-app purchases to unlock paid features across platforms. Let’s dive into some details:
We are introducing the concept of creating an account with us to register your in-app purchases. This way, we are empowering your purchases to work across platforms. Registration is done via an email address to which your purchase gets linked so that you can restore it on all supported platforms.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass and we value your love for Enpass.
Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
NEW BUSINESS MODEL
We have added a new line of in-app purchases (business model/feature-set) in Enpass to unlock the paid features, and we have named it “Premium plans”. From now on, new users can buy Premium plans through Annual and half-yearly subscriptions, as well as a One-time purchase. After registration, the premium plans are accessible across platforms.
EXISTING PRO USERS
You are our heroes, and we love you, a-lot! Today, we are what we are because of your love and support. Like we promised, when you purchased the Pro version of Enpass, we won’t ever charge you again for all the pro features.
Furthermore, Pro users can also register their purchase and enjoy Enpass across platforms for free. So, you can use your iOS’ in-app purchase to unlock the pro version on other platforms. A big reason to celebrate with us.Cheers!
Release Date November 1, 2019
- Fixed UI issues in Dark mode for iOS 13.
- Few users reported issues with today’s widget. Fixed.
- Touch ID and Face Unlock issues for iOS 13. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date September 25, 2019
- Dark mode: Ever since the release of Dark mode for MacOS, just like the rest of the world, we have been anxiously waiting for Apple to bring the dark theme feature to the iOS universe. Apart from its gritty and edgy appearance, the dark theme is quite practical too. Nobody likes to wake up to the blinding bright screen of their phone in the middle of the night. The dark theme however lets you ease into your mobile while checking your email or other notifications.
- Voice Control: Enpass now supports voice commands, one of the most impressive new feature in iOS 13. From basic features like scrolling to advance navigation in Enpass, you can use voice control feature in full capacity.
- Website Icons: The new update now provides support for the long-awaited Website icons aka Favicons. You can now distinguish items based on their actual familiar icons for the URL saved in them allowing you to navigate faster than ever before. Head straight to “Enpass Settings” > General and enable “Use Website Icons”, and see all those icons start popping up, giving you all new experience of using Enpass.
- Enpass is now more friendly to accessibility services with better support for voice over and dynamic text size.
- Word-count for pronounceable passwords increased to 15.
- Master password is now required to export the keyfile being used for any vault.
- Complete WebDAV URL is now displayed along with the other sync information on vault settings.
- Other minor improvements to make your Enpass experience smoother.
- Items with same title were randomly sorted in the list. Fixed to consider other details of the items for proper sorting.
- History of fields other than password type was also masked by bullets. Now fixed.
- Enpass was crashing while deleting the unused tags with no association to any items. Fixed.
- Template for Server was having incorrect field-type for field “IP address”. Changed to type URL.
Release Date June 06, 2019
- Tag suggestion: Enpass will suggest (available) tags while adding/editing tags of an item.
- Pwned passwords under Audit: Check all your passwords at once against haveibeenpwned.com from the Audit Tab.
- Now users can quickly generate new passwords directly from the Audit Tab.
- Lock the Enpass app by clicking on the settings and Lock now.
- Option to hide categories, now available under Settings>General>Categories.
- Enhanced all item list, now showing the total items added at the bottom of the list.
- Acknowledgement for using a credential used for 1 application on a different application (identified by URL).
- Now select/copy options available for Notes (Categories & item details).
- Improved the colors used for different characters of passwords for better visibility.
- Ability to crop images before adding as an attachment.
- Users can now remove custom icon (if available) from any item.
- Apple Watch was not displaying the TOTP of 8 digits.
- Improved Password Autofill.
- Enable sync option now will be displayed on fewer instances.
- Fixed issue where some users were not able to see the URL while restoring/backing up data through Wi-Fi.
- Resolved the issue where Keyboard overlaps the master password field on iPads in landscape mode.
- An issue with Jailbreak devices where Keyfile & Touch ID/Face ID were being used simultaneously, now only either of the option can be used on the jailbroken devices.
- Fixed issues related to Match URL Hostname settings.
- Minor fixes on the UI.
Release Date March 26, 2019
- Adding new item from the AutoFill Password and Enpass Safari extension– Earlier Enpass only autofills the login details in Apps, Safari browser. But from now onwards, you can create a new item by manually entering the details from the AutoFill Password and Enpass Safari extension itself.
- The identical characters (like I and l, 0 and O, etc.) in the password field will now have different fonts making them more clear and readable.
- For Apple Watch users, if a PIN is set for the Enpass app on Watch, then the app will ask for the PIN every time you access any information.
- Removed the limitation where the app wasn’t allowing the Note field of an item to be shown on the Apple Watch.
- Improved the attachments behavior which now allows adding attachments to the Note Category.
- For iCloud sync users, the sync errors messages are more clear and descriptive.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- A bug where unlocking the app with sync enabled made the app unresponsive for a few seconds. Fixed.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- Fixed a glitch in the UI where the multi-line field was not adjusting itself as per the text entered.
- Fixed a rare issue which sometimes showed the All Items list as empty.
- After setting up a secondary vault by restoring data from the cloud, the app changed the previously set vault icon. Fixed.
- While sharing an item, if only Note field was selected from All Fields then the share option got disabled. Fixed.
- Resetting Enpass via ‘Erase Everything’ under Advanced settings didn’t clear the manually set ‘lock on leaving’ and ‘Auto-lock’ time intervals in the app security settings. Fixed.
- In iOS 9.3, unlocking app via Touch ID sometimes made the app to crash. Fixed.
- The item count wasn’t updating under the Group tab if an item is added or removed from a section. Fixed.
Release Date February 4, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- The UI issues where the URL field on the item detail and PIN on Apple Watch weren’t properly displayed. Fixed.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in Password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 25, 2019
- Significantly improved the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. A big thanks to all those beloved users who shared the demo accounts and supported us in refining the WebDAV sync.
- Improved the Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with the same name, i.e. like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike the previous version, the improved password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to the pronounceable passwords.
- Improved the UI where viewing attachment in fullscreen showed the Enpass toolbars at the bottom covering a small part of the image itself.
- Improved the synchronization with Google Drive.
- While using the Password Autofill, the app made the unlock sound even if it’s disabled from the app settings. Fixed.
- An issue where Enpass was displaying a wrong message after checking a password against the list of breached passwords- Have I Been Pwned. Fixed.
- If you had excluded some symbols form the password generator, a few of them were still appearing in the generated password. Fixed.
- An issue where the Archived and Trashed items were shown under the Audit and while using the Autofill. Fixed.
- Fixed a rare issue where re-ordering the fields of an item made some Section to be arranged incorrectly.
- Fixed a problem where enabling ‘Match URL Hostname’ doesn’t show the relevant items for a web-page.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Use’ button on Password History page wasn’t working.
- Fixed an issue where Autofill using Safari app extension wasn’t working on iOS 9.3.
- Fixed a problem where renaming the Tags was not being synchronized with other devices.
Release Date January 14, 2019
- There was an issue for some of the users, where Enpass was sometimes asking for Master Password instead of Touch/Face ID.
- Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem, please drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
Release Date January 01, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- PROBLEM RESTORING PREVIOUS iOS PURCHASES: Users, who purchased Enpass v4 or earlier (at times when Enpass itself was a paid app rather than in-app purchase), were having trouble restoring their purchase and were asked to purchase again. Sorry for this! We have fixed it now and your purchase should be restored now.
- CRASH ON iOS 9: Enpass was crashing on iOS devices running iOS 9.x. Now Fixed.
- PROBLEM COPYING TOTP: We have fixed the issue where the TOTP was not being copied on clipboard automatically after autofill. Fixed.
- PROBLEM DISABLING SETTING for ‘MATCH URL HOSTNAME’: The setting for Match URL Hostmane was not getting disabled. Fixed
- There was a problem where the order of section headers were getting out of place. Fixed.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- New, Exciting UI: You will jump for joy to see your loving Enpass in all new shape ‘n’ design. Loads of features packed right in the tab bar to make it more easy for you to access data, autofill items and more. Alas! The sidebar just died yesterday for better future.
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Dynamic Type Support: Ahem! Users, who like to see their favorite apps supporting their preferred text size where iOS switches fonts automatically as needed, have an extra reason to clap for us. … We heard it, thank-you!
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Autocopy TOTP to Clipboard: Enpass can now auto copy the TOTP, just after filling the login details and you can paste that right in there. Go and set 2-step verification on all your logins.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Improved Support for Rtl Languages: Sorry for the trouble that our beloved Enpassians of Arabic and Hebrew language systems had to go through in previous version. Now time for you to be on cloud nine. Just check this version and let us know how we worked.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date September 26, 2018
- Fixed an issue where the app was crashing on saving the edited item in some special cases.
- Fixed an issue where the Password Autofill was not working for some apps.
Release Date September 19, 2018
- Password Autofill: Apple has introduced the built-in support for password autofilling in apps and browsers using the third party password managers, and now you do not need to switch to Enpass to copy the login details in apps. By enabling the Password autofill in iOS, you can now autofill your login details saved in Enpass, in a go. To enable go to Device Settings > “Passwords & Accounts” > “Autofill Passwords” and select Enpass.
- Siri Shortcuts: Another really exciting thing in iOS 12 is that you can open shortcuts in apps for Siri to perform a specific action in that app. What else could have been more helpful in situations, when we have to immediately look into Enpass for an item. Now you can tell Siri to do that for you.
Just define custom phrases in Enpass for the items you frequently use, using the option “Add to Siri”; then record your command and it’s done. Next time when you need to peek into any item, just ask Siri to open that item using your recorded phrase.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
Release Date Mar 22, 2018
- There was an issue in Enpass app extension, which was creating problem while unlocking Enpass keychain through Touch or Face ID by entering into a never-ending loop. Now fixed.
Release Date December 5, 2017
- Support for Face ID on iPhone X.
- Minor fixes.
Release Date September 7, 2017
- Some of our users on iOS 11 beta reported a UI issue where Enpass data was sometimes getting disappeared. We have fixed that now in this version along with some other minor improvements in UI and localization.
Release Date August 8, 2017
- Enpass users on jailbroken iOS device will be notified and would not be able to unlock keychain using PIN code. Also, a setting to keep the keychain unlocked in background (Lock on leaving) will no more be accessible on jailbroken devices.
- Other minor improvements.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API – Enpass currently uses version 1 of Dropbox API for syncing with Dropbox account. From 28th of this month, the v1 API would no longer be supported by Dropbox so to keep your sync experience as smooth as it was, we’ve implemented the new v2 API. #ATTENTION – The minimum requirement to use the v2 API is iOS 9, so from now on, the minimum required version to use Enpass on iOS devices has been upgraded from iOS 8 to iOS 9.
- There was an issue in autofilling login details of Google account in Safari browser which has been fixed now.
- One of our fine user reported an issue in autofilling on websites with IP address only (without domain name). Fixed now. Thank-you dear ‘fine user’ for reporting this.
- Fixes an issue where in some scenario the sync icon keep showing progress even after the sync was disconnected.
Release Date May 15, 2017
- Added an option in Settings under Browser section to let you choose your default browser to open links into that. Previously, it used to show only Enpass and Safari Browser, while now you’d see Firefox, Chrome and Opera as options, if installed.
- Error 403 while syncing with Google Drive: Syncing with Google Drive: Since last week, some of our loving users were not able to setup sync with Google drive due to deprecation of Google authentication APIs. We have implemented the new APIs and the issue has been fixed now. We really feel sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
* In our last update, we implemented the latest iOS “Secure Enclave” which led to crashing of Enpass on some of iOS 8 users’ devices. Now fixed.
Release Date April 17, 2017
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the operation of opening attachments in any external app was crashing Enpass.
- A bug was reported where master password was asked to unlock Enpass even if the Touch ID was enabled.
- Fixed an issue with autofill script where the autofilling of password on Google account page was not done for a specified username (when the username is already there on page as in case of switching Google accounts).
- Enpass was autosubmitting the login in Safari extension even if the autosubmit was disabled in settings.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. Images taken from Camera or Photo gallery can be added directly while another type of files can only be attached from iCloud Drive. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable update and analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- Added an option as “Match URL hostname” under Browser settings of Enpass enabling which will autofill only if the URL hostname is an exact match i.e. items saved with URL as domain.com will not be available for auto filling on website subd.domain.com.
- Fixed an issue in Google Drive sync where syncing used to stop due to the creation of multiple folders and files.
Release Date Dec 5, 2016
- Password strength analysis: We have standardized the process of password strength estimation by implementing a well known project of Dropbox named “zxcbvn”. You will now get a better estimation about strength of your passwords.
- Syncing with WebDAV: Some security fixes have been placed. Enpass will now show a sync warning message to those users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and setup sync again.
Release Date Aug 30, 2016
- You can now generate passwords from the Safari Extension itself while creating a new item or updating the existing one.
- Instead of sharing whole item on Apple Watch, you can now manually select the fields to be displayed in the Apple Watch.
- Introduced a new Enpass URL Scheme for iOS devices through which you can create a link to any Enpass item and access that item directly through that link. You can get this URL from the item’s Details screen.
- Added an option to open the list of favorite items using the Force Touch on Enpass icon, right from the home screen.
- Added an item action (Peek+Swipe up) to directly copy the TOTP when you peek into any item.
- Sensitive fields on the edit page would now be hidden by bullets.
- A quick setup page has been introduced to enable Touch-ID and Cloud sync while setting up Enpass for first time or re-storing the data.
- Enpass will now let you know about any issue or alert (like sync errors or items remaining in trial version) in a very intuitive and friendly way just like a removable item in the list.
- As a new user, you can start Enpass with sample items and don’t miss the new Welcome page.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to change the icon of any item to default from the URL specific one as it was reverting back to the icon of the URL.
- Other minor issues fixed.
Release Date June 20, 2016
- Supports Apple Watch OS 2 – Another big reason to love your Apple Watch because you can now use Enpass on Watch even if you are away from your iPhone. Thanks to Watch OS 2 that let us keep Enpass data on Watch itself. Also the minimum requirements for Enpass on Watch is now Watch OS 2.
- Search in all items – Introduced an option to search in All items instead of list you are in. So if you search a lot for your items, its a respite from switching the list before searching.
- Diceware in Password generator – The improved password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate beautiful, more pronounceable yet strong passwords with more options to include digits and symbols in that. Its worth a try.
- Enpass Extensions for Safari Improved – We have added a lot of goodies in Enpass extensions as
– Editing of item (now including the notes) from Extension itself without switching to main Enpass App.
– Detail page in Extension now shows Password history and Last Modified Time.
- UI Improvements: Enpass is now more beautiful and catchy for your eyes. Another big reason to keep switching to it.
– The whole new design of sidebar.
– Bar and Field labels on detail page of any item will be in themed in color of item’s icon.
- Improved autofill script in Web browser – Has become smarter in autofilling. You’ll find it yourself.
- Option to show TOTP only – You’ve now an option on your device to show only the TOTP on Apple Watch.
- Safari extension now works on iOS 8.0 and 8.1 devices.
- Fixed an issue where the copies of an item was created in parent folders hierarchy While creating a new item in child folder.
- We have fixed some other minor issues as well.
Release Date April 29, 2016
- TOTP support for all items : Now instead of only logins, you can add the TOTP field in all your Enpass items.
- Touch ID/PIN code bug fixed: We have fixed an issue in Enpass 5.2.0 where Master Password was prompted after App restart even if Touch ID or PIN code was enabled.
- Minor other bug fixes.
Release Date April 15, 2016
- TOTP Support -From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another App to view TOTP for your logins. Just stay on Enpass and look for one you created as TOTP field in your Login item.
- Catalan language added.
- Force touch improved to Peek, Pop, and preview items from list – With a firm touch on any item in list, you can peep into that and press a bit more you’ll be onto its details.
- Selective field sharing – You will now have an option to choose the fields in any item before sharing it with someone. Isn’t it cool?
- Search in Safari Extension – Safari extension of Enpass is now competent enough to let you search in all items for better autofilling.
- Support for custom URL scheme – Enpass is now capable enough to detect and launch all type of URLs.
- PIN Code length increased to maximum of 10 digits.
- Enpass extension can update the password from Safari extension to Enpass keychain.
- Enpass browser is now faster with the implementation of Apple’s latest rendering Engine WKWebView.
- If you open Enpass with any URL copied on clipboard, you will be prompted to open that in Enpass Browser.
- Added support for Duckduckgo and Qwant search engine in Enpass browser.
- Option to change user agent of Enpass browser (iOS 9.0 and above).
- Enpass browser can save history of recent searches and URLs.
- Enpass browser can now detect the SSL certificates of websites and will block them if the certificate is invalid or expired.
- Master password will be mandatory after every device boot.
- Fixed an issue of Error -114 in WebDAV servers where Enpass was unable to parse the File timestamp.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Feb 25, 2016
- Fixed an issue with actions associated with Quick action menu which appear on Force Touch at home screen.
- Improved performance of Safari extension at the time of Saving new login directly to keychain.
Release Date Feb 3, 2016
- Crashing of Enpass on iOS 8.4.1 devices.
- Issue related to PIN code settings.
Release Date Feb 1, 2016
- Support for Spotlight Search in iOS 9.0 or later.
- 3D/Force touch support in iPhone 6s & 6s Plus.
- Support for Split view & Slide over in iPad devices.
- New User Interface with alluring icons.
- More default search engine options in the Enpass browser.
- New Box cloud sync sdk.
- Fields re-ordering in an item.
- Changing default category of an item.
- Improved Safari browser extension: Now you can edit, save new login, autosubmit logins with the Safari Extension.
- Auto lock mechanism has also been improved.
- Minor bugs fixes.
Release Date Nov 25, 2015
- Security update when Enpass is unlocked with Touch ID and Siri.
- Clear clipboard bug fixed for iOS 9.
Release Date Sept 15, 2015
- Compatibility changes for next Major release Enpass 5 with Browser Extensions.
- New SDK for OneDrive added. Please enable sync again from settings.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date July 15, 2015
- Enpass now supports Apple Watch.
- Minor improvements.
Release Date May 21, 2015
- Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Improved AutoFill in EnpassBrowser.
- Improved Password Strength detector.
- Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
- Added Autofill of Credit Cards details.
- Improved Search functionality.
- Hide/Show SubTitles.
- Shows last modified date in Details.
- Improved Translations.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date April 30, 2015
- New app Icon.
- Added Danish language support.
- Translations improved.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Mar 14, 2015
- Crash on clicking browser button fixed for iPad.
- Crash during rotation fixed for iPad.
- Box sync crash fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
- Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
- Autolock mechanism improved.
- Quick PIN code unlock added.
- Touch ID support for quick unlock added.
- Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
- Strength indicators added to all passwords.
- Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
- Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
- Keeps history of recently generated passwords.
- Sync now supports all major clouds (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box).
- See your cloud account details on sync page.
- See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
- Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
BROWSER & AUTOFILL:
- Now Autofill login details on default Safari browser through Enpass extension.
- Improved Enpass browser with multiple tabs and better autofilling.
- Enpass browser now runs parallel with main app and supports seamless switching.
- Default item fields can be deleted.
- Reorder/hide/remove categories/folders in sidebar.
- Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
- Font size can be adjusted for item detail.
- Added option to control access for Third Party Keyboards.
- Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
- Subfolder support added.
- Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
Release Date Jan. 20, 2014
- Clear cookies on Enpass browser exit.
- Zoom fixed in Enpass browser.
- Minor bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 28, 2013
- New UI with sidebar.
- Minor browser improvements.
- Crash Bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 14, 2013
- Text suggestions disabled on username and password fields.
- Translations corrections.
- iCloud restore and sync bug fixed.
- Keyboard issue fixed.
Release Date Dec. 3, 2013
- Update notification improved.
- Russian translation improved.
- https URL launch failure bug fixed.
Release Date Nov. 26, 2013
- Autofill login bug fixed.
- Minor improvements.
Release Date Nov. 21, 2013
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Nov. 19, 2013
- Initial release.