Release Notes for Browser Extensions
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers excellent autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Built in Safari Browser Extension: For macOS 10.12 and above, a browser extension for Safari now comes built in with the app, and you don’t need to install separately. You can enable it from Safari preferences under the extensions section. (Safari only)
- Browser Extensions: Significantly improved browser extensions which now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security.
- Authentication Passcode: While setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to authenticate and pair that browser first.
- Auto-filling in more than two fields: Earlier Enpass could detect only the login forms on any page and auto-fill Username/Email and Password fields, while all other fields would remain empty. From now onwards, Enpass can autofill the details in more than two fields.
- Other minor improvements.
Release Date Sep 11, 2017
- Shortcuts settings will not be synced across platforms through Google account and instead will be saved locally. (Chrome only)
- Improved autofilling in websites reported by user.
- Fixes an issue where any shortcut involving both ⌘ and Fn key combination was being triggered immediately on pressing ⌘ key only.
Release Date May 25, 2017
- Fixed an issue in auto filling on Google accounts login page.
- Enpass Extension is now wiser to detect the login forms on some user-reported websites.
Release Date Mar 30, 2017
- Improved the Change password mechanism where for some websites the changed password was not updated in Keychain.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass stopped autofilling password on Google page already filled with username.
- Fixed a minor issue where Enpass was prompting to autosave login details even though no password field was present on that page.
- Fixed an issue in Autofilling where Enpass was filling details on Signup form instead of login form. This used to happen only when signup form was in viewport (focus) rather than login form. This issue was reported by a user esp for Facebook page.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date Sept 29, 2016
- There was an issue with the autofilling using keyboard shortcut where the users were not able to use the defined shortcut on switching the keyboard layouts (was reported for ENG-GER keyboard layouts). We have fixed that issue with a slight change in defining/setting the new shortcut.
IMPORTANT: You now have to set the new keyboard shortcut from the Extension itself rather than the Desktop App.
- Fixed issues in autofilling of login and credit cards.
- There was an issue where Enpass was filling the incorrect login details on tab switching (Data of previous tab was being autofilled) Now fixed.
- Minor issues fixed.
Release Date August 8, 2016
- Autofilling improved for single field logins: We have improved the extension to autofill in the pages having a single fields especially the banking sites where user need to provide username first.
- Fixed issue with autofill using Keyboard shortcut: There was an issue with the autofill using shortcut if the user switched from another tab and the shortcut stopped working. Now it has been fixed.
- Fixed the issue of URL got appended with login details: Fixed an issue where login details were being appended in the URL, in case there was no action attached to the form submission. This issue was reported for couple of websites, and now the cause has been eliminated for all possible websites.
Release Date May 12, 2016
- Autofilling works for items with no URLs fields: On login pages now you can fill values of any different login item having no URL field (mostly in case when the data was imported from another password manager). Along with autofilling that, you will also be prompted to save that URL permanently in the item.
- Improved Auto-submit behavior: After autofilling, some webpages were not happy with our auto-submit behavior (because it was too quick for them) and the action was rejected and user had to either manually fill the details or disable Auto-submit Login for them. We have tried to please them with better algorithm and they seems happy now.
- Login behavior improved for some websites: Enpass Extension is now more wise to detect the login forms on some user-reported websites. Thanks a lot you guys for reporting them.
- Shortcut key detection issue fixed: We have squashed a bug in extension responsible for missing of shortcut key event where combination involved both keys (ctrl and Window).
- Issue with listing items having IP address and/or port number: Fixed a bug where the extension window used to list all the items if the hostname contained IP address and/or port number.
- Autofilling of Expiry year for some Credit cards: On some of the web-pages, the expiry year of credit card was not autofilled if it was saved in 2 digits (like 17 for 2017). Its fixed now
Release Date Oct. 28, 2015
- Initial release.