Enpass Release Notes for Android
Release Date January 22, 2018
- Significantly improved the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. A big thanks to all those beloved users who shared the demo accounts and supported us in refining the WebDAV sync.
- Improved the Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with the same name, i.e. like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Improved synchronization with Google Drive.
- Unlike the previous version, the improved password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to the pronounceable passwords.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in the sidebar, the item will be tagged upon creation.
- UI improvements.
- From now onwards, the app performs the default search in Fields instead of Titles.
- An issue where tags created in a vault were also visible in other vaults. Fixed.
- An issue where users were unable to attach PDF files greater than 200 KB. Fixed.
- A bug where special characters in the Notes or Attachments were wrongly displayed. Fixed.
- A rare issue where some of our users running LineageOS were unable to download the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where item sorting issue in the Turkish language was wrongly displayed.
Release Date January 07, 2018
- In Spanish, there was an issue with the format of IP address displayed while taking Backup. Fixed.
- Improvement in Address template, where the Field type of City was set to Date. Now it’s text.
- Removed the restriction of 10 digits for the PIN to unlock Enpass.
- Other minor improvements and crash fixes.
Version 6.0.0 (104)
Release Date January 03, 2018
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: Fixes an issue in initializing the sync with the Apps folder on OneDrive.
- WebDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations. Fixed now.
- COMPATIBILITY WITH FIREFOX: Fixes an issue while setting up sync through Firefox resulting error Sync canceled by user.
- Other crash fixes.
Version 6.0.0 (100)
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Dark Theme: Enjoy the beautiful design with a dark theme on your Android devices.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Autocopy TOTP to Clipboard: Enpass can now auto copy the TOTP, just after filling the login details and you can paste that right in there. Go and set 2-step verification on all your logins.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date Aug 16, 2018
- Autofill in Chrome browser using Android autofill service: With the launch of Android P today, Enpass supports autofill using Android’s autofill framework.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date May 11, 2018
- Added assistance in autofilling with items saved with matching title/URL in case there is no exact match for application signature or URL.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixed an issue that was restricting some of our users to restore the past purchase of Enpass pro upgrade.
Release Date April 18, 2018
- Imporved autofilling via Android Framework.
Release Date April 12, 2018
- Imporved autofilling along with minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 27, 2018
- Prompts to save the logins into Enpass.
- Supports auto-filling in Microsoft Edge browser through Enpass keyboard and notifications.
- Now auto-fills in Firefox Focus browser.
- Improved workflow.
- There was a notorious issue with the Enpass keyboard, pushing the toolbar of some apps out of the screen. Fixed.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Dec 21, 2017
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Nov 22, 2017
- Improved the WebDAV sync to fix the irritating connection issue for some of our users on ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Improved the autofill using notification.
- Minor UI changes in the Enpass settings.
Release Date Oct 30, 2017
- Crashing while auto-filling using Enpass keyboard on some devices.
- Fixed some issues causing ANRs while auto-filling.
- Freezing of Enpass on locking the device over Fingerprint dialog.
- Different password strength was displayed in Android for the same password.
- Only one matching item was being shown for autofill by Android O.
- Sync issues
- Password mismatch with Dropbox.
- Error 104 with OneDrive.Version 5.5.9
Release Date Oct 3, 2017
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Release Date Sep 21, 2017
- Improved OneDrive sync to fix an issue where the error -113 was coming frequently.
- Reduced the unlocking time interval of Enpass.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixes some crashes on Android O during autofilling.
- Minor fixes
Release Date Aug 9, 2017
- Android ‘O’ users can autofill in noted apps using Android autofill framework.
- Added an option to allow you to take screen-shots in Enpass.
- Improved password strength analysis using the zxcvbn.
- Enpass will now notify users while using it on a rooted device.
- Other minor improvements & fixes.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API: From June 28, 2017, the older v1 API of Dropbox will be discontinued, stopping the syncing of your data. In this release, we’ve implemented the latest v2 API to keep the sync as smooth and intact as it is now.
- Security fixes
Release Date April 18, 2017
- Fixed an issue in syncing with WebDAV where it was taking longer than usual for some users.
- In last update, we added an option as “Match URL hostname”, after which Enpass was not autofilling efficiently in other apps due to a mismatch in package name and saved URL. Our fault, but fixed now :).
- Fixed issue where any URL added from extension was not syncing with the cloud.
- Minor localization improvements.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. Images taken from Camera or Photo gallery can be added directly while another type of files can only be attached from iCloud Drive. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable update and analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- Added an option as “Match URL hostname” under Browser settings of Enpass enabling which will autofill only if the URL hostname is an exact match i.e. items saved with URL as domain.com will not be available for auto filling on website subd.domain.com.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Dec 19, 2016
- Fixes an issue where WebDAV sync from Enpass was not able to connect to some Nextcloud servers.
Release Date Dec 17, 2016
* Enpass will now show a warning message while syncing to the users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
* Fixes a crash on restoring data from a folder with a long path.
* Fixes a crash when Enpass was put to background with search results & revoked after a long time.
* Other issues.
Release Date Nov 17, 2016
* Autofill in CHROMEBOOK using “Chromebook connector for Enpass”.
* Option to sync data with any folder on device.
* New quick setup page to enable Fingerprint and more.
* Now you can take backup in any folder and restore from there.
* Improved selective field sharing.
* Compatibility improvements for Android N.
* Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Sept 30, 2016
* Fixed an issue where Enpass was crashing on some Samsung devices due to new Samsung Fingerprint SDK, added in previous v5.4.2.
Release Date Sept 29, 2016
* Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that Enpass was consuming high memory.
* Fixed an issue where Enpass doesn’t auto-fill the login details in Chrome Dev browser.
* New Samsung Pass (Fingerprint scanner) SDK for Samsung devices.
* Enpass now shows an error message, whenever the connection between Enpass app and Android wear smartwatch gets failed.
* SQLCipher library updated.
* Catalan translation improved.
Release Date Aug 4, 2016
* Enpass now supports Android Watch.
* Improved Enpass auto-fill using Notifications: Sometimes Enpass doesn’t show the item to auto-fill due to different or empty URL field. From now on, Enpass will show a prompt to automatically add and save the URL field to the searched item.
* Crashing of Enpass on Android N: We have added the latest SQLCipher library in the app for the better compatibility with Android N.
* Removed Globe key from Enpass Keyboard.
* Box and WebDAV sync issues fixed.
* Fixed an issue with TOTP secret key where Enpass doesn’t show the TOTP.
* Fixed an issue where the item’s icon was not getting updated on editing URL of an item.
Release Date June 21, 2016
* Autofill using Enpass Notifications: Introduced another way for autofill, using Notifications without using Enpass keyboard. Just enable it once from Enpass Autofill settings and get notified whenever there is something to be autofilled on your device screen.
* Manual filling using Enpass Keyboard– Added support for loading all fields of any item into Enpass keyboard and do the manual filling wherever you want.
* Improved Password generator- The password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate simple, easy to pronounce, yet super strong passwords.
* TOTP support for all the categories (except Secure Notes).
* PIN code length increased upto 10 digits.
* Enpass Keyboard improved to show Extended keys on long press.
* Option to quickly switch to/from Enpass Keyboard using Globe key.
* While editing items, sensitive fields will be hidden by bullets.
* Localization added.
* New Box Cloud SDK. Box Cloud users have to enable the sync again.
* Color-coded passwords in password history.
* Only the Enpass database file (not settings) will considered for backup by Google App backup.
* Option to cancel unlock using Fingerprint on Extended Keyboard.
* Fixed an issue while sharing items with Empty Note.
* Fixed an issue in WebDAV sync that led to crashing Enpass while syncing with office.mailbox.com.
Release Date April 25, 2016
* TOTP Support – From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another authenticator Apps for TOTP.
* Selective field sharing – Instead of whole item, you have choice to share selective fields.
* Quick PIN Code length increased to maximum of 10 digits.
* Minor UI improvements on Edit screen.
* Support for custom User Agent and search Engine DuckDuckGo in Enpass browser.
* Support for storing more URL formats like third party App URLs.
Release Date Mar 1, 2016
* Localization for Catalan language added.
* Other localizations improved.
* Sometimes while switching to Enpass Keyboard.
* While unlocking Enpass with Fingerprint on Samsung KitKat devices .
* While changing Enpass Keyboard settings.
Release Date Feb 18, 2016
* Autofill in third party Apps and Chrome Browser using Enpass Keyboard.
* Full-time Fingerprint support:- On devices running Android 6 (Marshmallow) with Fingerprint sensor (Nexus 5X and 6P), you will not be prompted to Enter Master Password after restarting or exiting Enpass. Keep using Fingerprints.
* Improved Material design.
* Improved Login screen.
* Sync issue with Google 2 step verification.
Release Date Nov 04, 2015
1. Fingerprint support on Android Marshmallow devices.
2. More material User Interface with round icons.
3. Field re-ordering.
4. Supports new permission management system of Android M.
5. Bug fixes.
6. Other productive improvements.
Release Date Sept 18, 2015
1. WebDAV/ownCloud improved.
2. Compatibility changes for next Major release Enpass 5 for Desktop.
3. Other bug fixes.
Release Date June 1, 2015
1. WebDAV/ownCloud improved.
2. Other bug fixes.
Release Date May 20, 2015
1. Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
2. Fingerprint quick unlock support added for Samsung devices.
3. Material Design UI introduced.
4. Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
5. Improved AutoFill in EnpassBrowser.
6. Improved Password Strength detector.
7. Copy Username, Passwords and Urls directly from list without opening items.
8. Added AutoFill of CreditCards.
9. Improved Search functionality.
10. Hide/Show SubTitles.
11. Shows last modified date in Details.
12. Improved Translations.
13. Other bug fixes.
Release Date March 20, 2015
1. New appealing Main App icon.
2. Now Localized in Danish language too.
3. Improved other translations.
4. Minor Bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date March 1, 2015
1. Third Party Keyboard bug fix.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 24, 2015
1. UI improvement for Samsung Devices.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
* Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
* Autolock mechanism improved.
* Quick PIN code unlock added.
* Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
* Strength indicators added to all passwords.
* Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
* Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
* Keeps history of recently generated passwords.
* Sync now supports all major clouds (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box ).
* See your cloud account details on sync page.
* See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
* Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
BROWSER & AUTOFILL:
* Improved Enpass browser with multiple tabs and better autofilling.
* Enpass browser now runs parallel with main app and supports seamless switching.
* Default item fields can be deleted.
* Reorder/hide/remove categories/folders in sidebar.
* Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
* Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
* Subfolder support added.
* Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
Release Date October 29, 2014
1. Login screen issue fixed for Android L.
2. Minor improvements.
Release Date August 8, 2014
1. Edit page crashing bug fixed.
2. Minor Sync bug fixed.
Release Date July 25, 2014
1. Added localization for Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
2. Previous Localizations improved.
3. Crash while Syncing fixed.
Release Date May 10, 2014
1. Arabic support added.
2. SD card backup restore added.
3. Minor Bug fixes.
Release Date April 30, 2014
1. Launcher icon changed.
2. Sync with OneDrive added.
3. Sync with GoogleDrive added.
4. Ability to add custom fields to an item.
5. Ability to edit label or type of an item.
6. Ability to hide categories from sidebar
7. Ability to add folders to sidebar.
8. Ability to change icons of folders.
9. New square colorful icons for items.
10. New templates added and improvements in existing ones.
11. Ability to change an item icon.
12. Option to disable audio feedback while login.
13. Ambiguous characters removed from password generator.
14. Performs deep search in item fields on pressing enter.
15. Open in last used folder or category.
16. Add multiple items to folder or favorites at once.
17. Ability to create items within folders and add to it.
18. Ability to create items within favorites and add to it.
19. Other UI improvements.
20. Long field values ellipses bug fixed.
21. Incorrect search results bug for non-English language fixed.
22. Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 4, 2014
1. New built-in Enpass Browser with auto-fill.
2. Directly open a website in Enpass with login details automatically filled in.
3. Folder sync issue fixed.
4. Crash bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 11, 2013
1. Russian translation improved.
2. Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Dec. 4, 2013
1.Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Oct. 25, 2013
1. Dropbox sync bug fixed.
2. In app purchase SDK updated.
Release Date Oct. 21, 2013
1. Icons added.
2. Bug fixes.
Release Date Oct. 12, 2013
1. Minor bug fixes and improvements.
2. Russian language fixes.
Release Date Oct. 6, 2013
1. Added French localization.
Release Date Oct. 5, 2013
1. Localization for 8 languages.
2. Welcome screen enhancement.
3. Numeric Keyboard fix.
Release Date Sept. 19, 2013
1. Initial release.