Enpass Release Notes for Android
Version 6.9.0 (842)
Release Date July 20, 2023
Enpass 6.9.0 includes major new features for Enpass Business clients, a new template for crypto investors, and of course, some squashed bugs.
- Introducing Enpass Hub for Enterprise clients, enabling new Security Audit tools for admins, streamlined vault sharing, and Access Recovery
- For Enpass on Android, this means if you’ve lost your Master Password, there will be a “Forgot Password” option that alerts your admin to help reset your password
- A monochrome home screen icon for Android’s monochrome Material You theme
- Template for Cryptocurrency wallets (under Finance in the Add New Items screen)
- Peek at your Master Password in Settings > Vaults by authenticating with biometrics
- Encryption increased to 320,000 iterations of PKBFD2-HMAC-SHA512 hashing (requires one-time biometrics re-authorization)
- Fixed a “Sync Error” if adding a Business vault while setting up Enpass personal
- Resolved crash in Enpass Business when enabling Autofill
- Resolved rare problem of being unable to backup from Settings > Advanced
- Resolved needing to click twice on the search bar for keyboard to appear
- Resolved keyboard covering UI in landscape mode during search
- Resolved Autosave bug when logging into Netflix app on Android 13
- Resolved sorting of autofill options when several items have the same name
- Resolved autofill issues with LinkedIn & SoundCloud
- Resolved readability issue when long-pressing on a password field
- Resolved crash when switching between phone and tablet modes
- Resolved crash when opening Items Details on Samsung devices
- Resolved crash when opening an Item shared via email
- Resolved crash when enabling website icons
- Resolved hanging when saving an Item with website icons enabled
- Resolved rare bug when saving changes to Items
- Searching now works for password that contains the “%” symbol
Version 6.8.7 (786)
Release Date May 05, 2023
- Sharing individual Items in Enpass will now require using a pre-shared key (PSK)
- Microsoft 365 permissions scopes updated
Release Date Feb 17, 2023
- Fixed: Empty backup files created if ‘Lock on leaving’ was disabled in Settings > Security
- Fixed: Folder Sync failed if “Lock on leaving” was disabled
- Fixed: Rare crashes when using auto-fill
Release Date Jan 10, 2023
- Enpass’s Autofill prompt for your keyboard’s suggestion strip has been updated to support Android 13.
Release Date Nov 03, 2022
We’ve improved security and squashed some annoying bugs in this release.
- Added SSL certificate pinning for stronger security when communicating with Enpass servers.
- Fixed: Reordering an Item’s attachments wasn’t being saved properly.
- Fixed: Sometimes passwords changed on one device were not syncing correctly, even though other updates did.
- Fixed a few other minor bugs.
Release Date Sep 29, 2022
Lots of great changes in this release!
- Password Generator checks websites for password requirements.
- Improved vault & search integration with Teams & SharePoint.
- Admins can specify rules for generated passwords & secondary vaults.
- Categories & tags behave correctly after syncing.
- Search fixes for SwiftKey keyboards.
- Autofill works with physical keyboards.
- Better List View sorting.
- Fix font visibility issue in dark theme.
Release Date May 20, 2022
- Fixed an issue with Dropbox syncing where the users were required to “Re-authenticate” with Dropbox very frequently.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date May 5, 2022
- Fixes a crash after unlocking Enpass for users using Folder Sync.
- Fixes a crash on autofilling for some users.
Release Date May 3, 2022
Hello everyone. We’re excited to share a big update with you. This release isn’t just about bug fixes and minor improvements. We’re celebrating the start of a whole new era for Enpass – Enpass for Business!
Businesses and large enterprises can now use Enpass to secure the passwords and sensitive data of their teams, and yes – we are still OFFLINE. We know not everyone is comfortable storing their passwords on someone else’s servers, and that applies to businesses too. Your wait for an offline password manager for your workplace is over now that Enpass for Business is here.
- Enpass for businesses: If you’re in a business not using any password manager for team members and waited for any offline one, your wait is over! Enpass Business is here
- keep your business sensitive data on your devices/cloud, set password policies, onboard users via SCIM supported Active Directory and there’s a lot more if you’re using Microsoft 365 Business. Check out our website for more!
- New improved UI: The new UI is here to take your Enpass experience go up a couple of notches.
- Automatic Compromised Password Checker: Compromised password checking is now automatic in Enpass and triggers whenever a new password is added or changed.
- Fixed issues with autofill on Mein O2 app.
- A small number of users were unable to scan the QR code to activate Wifi Sync. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Nextcloud was creating 0KB files on Cloud.
- Fixed an issue where the passwords were not getting auto-filled on tirupatibalaji.ap.gov.in
- Fixed an issue where the passwords were not getting auto-filled on ppomppu.co.kr
- A “Click” toast message was shown while trying to auto-fill via the keyboard. Fixed.
- Enpass was giving an option to autofill on the app lock screen for OnePlus devices. Fixed.
- Cloud sync trigger caused searched list to refresh the item list. Fixed.
- With over 2000 items, the app took more than 20 seconds to unlock. Fixed.
- Enpass was not coming up as suggested app to open the enpasscard file. Fixed
Release Date Sep 27, 2021
Hello everyone! We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for using Wi-Fi sync and for sharing your feedback.
This update contains a few, but important fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- Enpass Keyboard navigation bar colour in Dark mode issue fixed.
- Autofill fix for CommBiz application.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date Aug 19, 2021
The most awaited Enpass feature, Wi-Fi sync is at last, here. We have taken the word OFFLINE to a whole another level as now you get the option to sync your data across devices, CLOUDLESSLY — over your Wi-Fi or local network. This means you now have complete ownership of your data, and in turn, total peace of mind.
- Introducing Wi-Fi Sync as a new way to sync data without using any cloud service. You can now sync between devices connected over your Wi-Fi or local network. Read more about it here
- Support for autofill on Vivaldi.
- Enhanced Enpass Keyboard now lets you control the Haptic feedback, dark theme, and has a number row.
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
- Enpass can now trigger sync while autofilling passwords.
- Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests, fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
- Fixed Autofill issue with aparts.pl, battle.net where enpass was not populating the password.
- Enpass Autofill can identify login fields better on Swedish Websites by using additional information provided with the fields.
- Enpass Keyboard didn’t recognize a few URLs and suggested all items from Enpass to Autofill. Fixed
- Duplicate lists of matching items appeared while Autofilling on certain Apps. Fixed.
Release Date Jun 15, 2021
In today’s update, we have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, it used to read the clipboard automatically on every launch to look for shared items. By default, it won’t access the clipboard on start, and you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add item from clipboard’ on the add item screen. If you want Enpass to check the clipboard at the start, as it used to be, enable a preference ‘Check clipboard on start up’ under Advanced Preferences.
Added an option on the welcome screen to Activate Enpass, allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
Updated Autofill to recognize additional hints for username and password fields.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date May 12, 2021
- Hey there Android Watch users! In this update, we have fixed the issue where a few of you could not install Enpass on the WearOS watches.
Release Date April 27, 2021
- We got overexcited to improve autofill via accessibility/notifications in the last update but ended up breaking it on a few websites and apps. Today’s update fixes that issue, and now a pop-up for autofill via accessibility will follow if Android Autofill fails filling details on those websites.
Please do check and let us know if it’s working fine for you. Your feedback and trust motivate us to make Enpass better!
Release Date March 23, 2021
- PlayPass users were getting detected as Pro users until registration, now fixed.
- After five incorrect login attempts via Biometrics, now fallback to Master password.
Release Date March 02, 2021
- While autosaving you’ll be now able to add more details before saving an item.
- Autofill support on Bromite, DuckDuckGo and Firefox nightly browsers.
- Option to generate passwords while autofilling.
- Enhanced Accessibility service for faster Autofill.
- Fixed autofill issues on Samsung S21 and Opera browser.
- Other bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date February 05, 2021
- Quick! This patch release takes care of the sync issue with One Drive and Dropbox faced by a few of you.
Release Date December 31, 2020
- Fixed low contrast UI issues.
- Fixed autofill crashes.
- Issue with password generator in landscape mode. Fixed
Release Date December 24, 2020
- Breach Monitoring: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any information to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- New design of Audit section as a unified security dashboard to quickly pinpoint any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to sync through NextCloud.
- Restoring data from the cloud has gone faster. You don’t have to wait until all the attachments are downloaded.
- Now easier to choose the language of Enpass. The list of languages under advanced settings of Enpass is now alphabetically sorted along with its English name.
- Weak and Identical password list now displays the count of items in the headers.
- Now get the option to select the vault on all the tabs.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Now, if you have to change the password for your WebDAV account, just click on the Re-authenticate button on the WebDAV setup page.
- Fixed an issue where clipboard got cleared automatically after using a password on a website.
- Resolved an issue where the items were still displayed under associated tags, even after deletion.
Release Date September 21, 2020
- Quick! Today’s update contains a fix for crash faced by customers signing up for Enpass Premium.
Release Date September 08, 2020
- Issue with WebDAV sync resolved.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud)
- Few of you reported a number of issues with Android Autofill in the last Enpass version. We have handled most of them.
Release Date August 7, 2020
- Improved autofill in apps with reduced user input using auto-matching of certified domain names (DAL-based).
- Keyfile from Google Drive can now be added to unlock Enpass.
- Generate PSKs for sharing items.
- Option to auto-copy OTP for autofilling on Chromebooks.
- Issue with Gdrive sync. Fixed
- Fixed an issue while restoring data from local storage & Folder sync.
- Fixed shuffling of fields in custom templates after syncing.
- TOTP is now ‘One-time Password’ in Enpass.
Release Date June 15, 2020
- An issue where some of the users reported crash with WebDAV accounts having “[“, “]” in the URL. Fixed.
Release Date May 19, 2020
- Users could not restore the data saved on their Dropbox account. Fixed.
Release Date April 24, 2020
- Some of our users reported a crash in Enpass while editing the field-labels in data imported from other password managers. We have fixed that issue in this update.
Release Date March 31, 2020
- Users can now specify the exact symbols that should be included while generating passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- Fixed an issue with iCloud sync, which was getting signed out after a day, Just reconnect your iCloud account.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 16, 2020
- This quick release improves the app performance while unlocking and has fixes for few bugs & crashes.
Release Date March 03, 2020
- Added long-awaited feature for syncing through OneDrive for Business. Existing OneDrive connections will be disconnected, and sync needs to be set up again.
- Autofill support for Brave Browser.
- Better Autofill.
- Improved performance for the item listing.
- Pro/Premium users can now dismiss the registration-prompt.
- Updating tags was not triggering auto-sync.
- Chromebook extension had an issue with an ethernet connection.
- Squashed some bugs and fixed crashes.
Release Date December 22, 2019
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date December 18, 2019
- Issue with iCloud sync.
- Minor fixes.
Release Date November 27, 2019
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to use TOTP and getting “Invalid TOTP” as message.
- Squashed couple of crashes which caused the app to misbehave in certain scenarios.
Release Date November 21, 2019
- A small glitch in the previous build caused an issue where some users who purchased the app earlier were unable to access more than 25 items. It’s now fixed.
Release Date November 20, 2019
We are super excited to roll out this update for Enpass that gives you loads of awesomeness that you truly deserve. Instead of purchasing individually for different platforms, you can now enjoy your in-app purchases to unlock paid features across platforms. Let’s dive into some details:
We are introducing the concept of creating an account with us to register your in-app purchases. This way, we are empowering your purchases to work across platforms. Registration is done via an email address to which your purchase gets linked so that you can restore it on all supported platforms.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass and we value your love for Enpass.
Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
NEW BUSINESS MODEL
We have added a new line of in-app purchases (business model/feature-set) in Enpass to unlock the paid features, and we have named it “Premium plans”. From now on, new users can buy Premium plans through Annual and half-yearly subscriptions, as well as a One-time purchase. After registration, the premium plans are accessible across platforms.
EXISTING PRO USERS
You are our heroes, and we love you, a-lot! Today, we are what we are because of your love and support. Like we promised, when you purchased the Pro version of Enpass, we won’t ever charge you again for all the pro features.
Furthermore, Pro users can also register their purchase and enjoy Enpass across platforms for free. So, you can use your Android’s in-app purchase to unlock the pro version on other platforms. A big reason to celebrate with us.Cheers!
Release Date October 23, 2019
Howdy, Pixel 4 enthusiasts!
We can feel the frenzy of having new Pixel 4 and here comes the right update for it to support unlocking Enpass with your Face 😉 You will need to enable fingerprint from Security settings in Enpass.
Note: Instead of Face, Pixel 4 will still show “Unlock by Fingerprint”.
Release Date September 25, 2019
- Website Icons: Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Enable them under Settings>General>Use Website Icons
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- Resolved few issues with Autofill including customer reported issue on Royal Bank app.
- Squashed couple of crashes with the Dark theme & fingerprint unlock feature.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date June 27, 2019
- Tag suggestion: Now you don’t need to manually type in the full tag name while adding/editing tags in any item, as Enpass will suggest it from available tags for completion.
- Pwned passwords: You can check all your Passwords against any data breaches in Password Audit section from the sidebar. Checked via http://haveibeenpwned.com/.
- Option to add a shortcut of any item to your home screen from the details page.
- Option to remove custom icon.
- Fixed few autofill bugs.
- Fingerprint Unlock works better in dark theme.
- Resolved a few crashes.
Release Date May 21, 2019
- Auto-fill support in Chrome books: Say howdy to all new “Chromebook connector for Enpass” which makes auto-filling details in Chrome browser. Get more details on Link.
- App Shortcuts: A quicker way to Search, Add or access Favorites items. Users can reveal them by long-pressing app’s launcher icon. This requires INSTALL_SHORTCUT permission.
- Keyboard Shortcut for the Enpass extension: Like the Enpass desktop apps, you can now define a Keyboard Shortcut to fill the details in a Chrome browser. But unlike the desktop apps, there is no default Keyboard set, so you need to set it via Enpass Browser Extension > Navigate to Extension Options > Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Blank screen while scanning TOTP QR code on devices with 3 cameras. Fixed.
- A better Dark mode for Enpass.
- UI and crash fixes.
Everything else is fine (We hope.)
Note: Its is recommended to use the ChromeBook app with the keyboard, we have few issues in the tablet mode which we are working on resolving.
Release Date March 6, 2019
- UI improvements.
- Improved and speed up the search functionality.
- App was crashing while clicking jump indexer in Tags. Fixed.
- App sometimes asked Master Password instead of the fingerprint while coming from the background. Fixed.
- The sharing option wasn’t working if an item contained only Note field. Fixed.
- Minor fixes.
Release Date February 6, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- The item’s last modified was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- Trashed items were appearing in Password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
- Minor fixes.
Release Date January 22, 2019
- Significantly improved the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations. A big thanks to all those beloved users who shared the demo accounts and supported us in refining the WebDAV sync.
- Improved the Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with the same name, i.e. like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Improved synchronization with Google Drive.
- Unlike the previous version, the improved password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to the pronounceable passwords.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in the sidebar, the item will be tagged upon creation.
- UI improvements.
- From now onwards, the app performs the default search in Fields instead of Titles.
- An issue where tags created in a vault were also visible in other vaults. Fixed.
- An issue where users were unable to attach PDF files greater than 200 KB. Fixed.
- A bug where special characters in the Notes or Attachments were wrongly displayed. Fixed.
- A rare issue where some of our users running LineageOS were unable to download the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where item sorting issue in the Turkish language was wrongly displayed.
Release Date January 07, 2019
- In Spanish, there was an issue with the format of IP address displayed while taking Backup. Fixed.
- Improvement in Address template, where the Field type of City was set to Date. Now it’s text.
- Removed the restriction of 10 digits for the PIN to unlock Enpass.
- Other minor improvements and crash fixes.
Version 6.0.0 (104)
Release Date January 03, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: Fixes an issue in initializing the sync with the Apps folder on OneDrive.
- WebDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations. Fixed now.
- COMPATIBILITY WITH FIREFOX: Fixes an issue while setting up sync through Firefox resulting error Sync canceled by user.
- Other crash fixes.
Version 6.0.0 (100)
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Dark Theme: Enjoy the beautiful design with a dark theme on your Android devices.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Autocopy TOTP to Clipboard: Enpass can now auto copy the TOTP, just after filling the login details and you can paste that right in there. Go and set 2-step verification on all your logins.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date Aug 16, 2018
- Autofill in Chrome browser using Android autofill service: With the launch of Android P today, Enpass supports autofill using Android’s autofill framework.
- Minor improvements and fixes.
Release Date May 11, 2018
- Added assistance in autofilling with items saved with matching title/URL in case there is no exact match for application signature or URL.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixed an issue that was restricting some of our users to restore the past purchase of Enpass pro upgrade.
Release Date April 18, 2018
- Imporved autofilling via Android Framework.
Release Date April 12, 2018
- Imporved autofilling along with minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 27, 2018
- Prompts to save the logins into Enpass.
- Supports auto-filling in Microsoft Edge browser through Enpass keyboard and notifications.
- Now auto-fills in Firefox Focus browser.
- Improved workflow.
- There was a notorious issue with the Enpass keyboard, pushing the toolbar of some apps out of the screen. Fixed.
- Other fixes.
Release Date Dec 21, 2017
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Nov 22, 2017
- Improved the WebDAV sync to fix the irritating connection issue for some of our users on ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Improved the autofill using notification.
- Minor UI changes in the Enpass settings.
Release Date Oct 30, 2017
- Crashing while auto-filling using Enpass keyboard on some devices.
- Fixed some issues causing ANRs while auto-filling.
- Freezing of Enpass on locking the device over Fingerprint dialog.
- Different password strength was displayed in Android for the same password.
- Only one matching item was being shown for autofill by Android O.
- Sync issues
- Password mismatch with Dropbox.
- Error 104 with OneDrive.Version 5.5.9
Release Date Oct 3, 2017
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Release Date Sep 21, 2017
- Improved OneDrive sync to fix an issue where the error -113 was coming frequently.
- Reduced the unlocking time interval of Enpass.
- Other minor improvements.
- Fixes some crashes on Android O during autofilling.
- Minor fixes
Release Date Aug 9, 2017
- Android ‘O’ users can autofill in noted apps using Android autofill framework.
- Added an option to allow you to take screen-shots in Enpass.
- Improved password strength analysis using the zxcvbn.
- Enpass will now notify users while using it on a rooted device.
- Other minor improvements & fixes.
Release Date June 12, 2017
- Dropbox v2 API: From June 28, 2017, the older v1 API of Dropbox will be discontinued, stopping the syncing of your data. In this release, we’ve implemented the latest v2 API to keep the sync as smooth and intact as it is now.
- Security fixes
Release Date April 18, 2017
- Fixed an issue in syncing with WebDAV where it was taking longer than usual for some users.
- In last update, we added an option as “Match URL hostname”, after which Enpass was not autofilling efficiently in other apps due to a mismatch in package name and saved URL. Our fault, but fixed now :).
- Fixed issue where any URL added from extension was not syncing with the cloud.
- Minor localization improvements.
Release Date Mar 22, 2017
- The attachment support: Yes, you got it right, from now on, you can attach files to Enpass. Images taken from Camera or Photo gallery can be added directly while another type of files can only be attached from iCloud Drive. So let it be anything, the snap of your Credit Card, Passport, key files etc., that should not be stored unencrypted to your device can find a secure place inside Enpass keychain.
- Option to disable update and analytics: We have added an option under Advanced Preferences to restrict Enpass to connect to the Internet for checking of updates, sending analytics and crash reports. Though we recommend you to not disable the option to check for updates and notification as this is the only way we can convey any important message to you. You still remember, Enpass manages your passwords offline without forcing you to create an account with us and we love serving you anonymously.
- Added an option as “Match URL hostname” under Browser settings of Enpass enabling which will autofill only if the URL hostname is an exact match i.e. items saved with URL as domain.com will not be available for auto filling on website subd.domain.com.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Dec 19, 2016
- Fixes an issue where WebDAV sync from Enpass was not able to connect to some Nextcloud servers.
Release Date Dec 17, 2016
- Enpass will now show a warning message while syncing to the users who have configured their WebDAV/ownCloud server using a self-signed certificate, and they have to disconnect and set up sync again.
- Fixes a crash on restoring data from a folder with a long path.
- Fixes a crash when Enpass was put to background with search results & revoked after a long time.
- Other issues.
Release Date Nov 17, 2016
- Autofill in CHROMEBOOK using “Chromebook connector for Enpass”.
- Option to sync data with any folder on device.
- New quick setup page to enable Fingerprint and more.
- Now you can take backup in any folder and restore from there.
- Improved selective field sharing.
- Compatibility improvements for Android N.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Sept 30, 2016
- Fixed an issue where Enpass was crashing on some Samsung devices due to new Samsung Fingerprint SDK, added in previous v5.4.2.
Release Date Sept 29, 2016
- Optimized memory usage of Enpass, where some users reported that Enpass was consuming high memory.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass doesn’t auto-fill the login details in Chrome Dev browser.
- New Samsung Pass (Fingerprint scanner) SDK for Samsung devices.
- Enpass now shows an error message, whenever the connection between Enpass app and Android wear smartwatch gets failed.
- SQLCipher library updated.
- Catalan translation improved.
Release Date Aug 4, 2016
- Enpass now supports Android Watch.
- Improved Enpass auto-fill using Notifications: Sometimes Enpass doesn’t show the item to auto-fill due to different or empty URL field. From now on, Enpass will show a prompt to automatically add and save the URL field to the searched item.
- Crashing of Enpass on Android N: We have added the latest SQLCipher library in the app for the better compatibility with Android N.
- Removed Globe key from Enpass Keyboard.
- Box and WebDAV sync issues fixed.
- Fixed an issue with TOTP secret key where Enpass doesn’t show the TOTP.
- Fixed an issue where the item’s icon was not getting updated on editing URL of an item.
Release Date June 21, 2016
- Autofill using Enpass Notifications: Introduced another way for autofill, using Notifications without using Enpass keyboard. Just enable it once from Enpass Autofill settings and get notified whenever there is something to be autofilled on your device screen.
- Manual filling using Enpass Keyboard– Added support for loading all fields of any item into Enpass keyboard and do the manual filling wherever you want.
- Improved Password generator- The password generator now uses Diceware algorithm to generate simple, easy to pronounce, yet super strong passwords.
- TOTP support for all the categories (except Secure Notes).
- PIN code length increased upto 10 digits.
- Enpass Keyboard improved to show Extended keys on long press.
- Option to quickly switch to/from Enpass Keyboard using Globe key.
- While editing items, sensitive fields will be hidden by bullets.
- Localization added.
- New Box Cloud SDK. Box Cloud users have to enable the sync again.
- Color-coded passwords in password history.
- Only the Enpass database file (not settings) will considered for backup by Google App backup.
- Option to cancel unlock using Fingerprint on Extended Keyboard.
- Fixed an issue while sharing items with Empty Note.
- Fixed an issue in WebDAV sync that led to crashing Enpass while syncing with office.mailbox.com.
Release Date April 25, 2016
- TOTP Support – From now on you don’t need to switch from Enpass to another authenticator Apps for TOTP.
- Selective field sharing – Instead of whole item, you have choice to share selective fields.
- Quick PIN Code length increased to maximum of 10 digits.
- Minor UI improvements on Edit screen.
- Support for custom User Agent and search Engine DuckDuckGo in Enpass browser.
- Support for storing more URL formats like third party App URLs.
Release Date Mar 1, 2016
- WHATS NEW:
Localization for Catalan language added.
- Other localizations improved.
- Sometimes while switching to Enpass Keyboard.
- While unlocking Enpass with Fingerprint on Samsung KitKat devices .
- While changing Enpass Keyboard settings.
Release Date Feb 18, 2016
- Autofill in third party Apps and Chrome Browser using Enpass Keyboard.
- Full-time Fingerprint support:- On devices running Android 6 (Marshmallow) with Fingerprint sensor (Nexus 5X and 6P), you will not be prompted to Enter Master Password after restarting or exiting Enpass. Keep using Fingerprints.
- Improved Material design.
- Improved Login screen.
- Sync issue with Google 2 step verification.
Release Date Nov 04, 2015
- Fingerprint support on Android Marshmallow devices.
- More material User Interface with round icons.
- Field re-ordering.
- Supports new permission management system of Android M.
- Bug fixes.
- Other productive improvements.
Release Date Sept 18, 2015
- WebDAV/ownCloud improved.
- Compatibility changes for next Major release Enpass 5 for Desktop.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date June 1, 2015
- WebDAV/ownCloud improved.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date May 20, 2015
- Sync support added through ownCloud/WebDAV.
- Fingerprint quick unlock support added for Samsung devices.
- Material Design UI introduced.
- Password fields now keep history of last 5 changes.
- Improved AutoFill in EnpassBrowser.
- Improved Password Strength detector.
- Copy Username, Passwords and Urls directly from list without opening items.
- Added AutoFill of CreditCards.
- Improved Search functionality.
- Hide/Show SubTitles.
- Shows last modified date in Details.
- Improved Translations.
- Other bug fixes.
Release Date March 20, 2015
- New appealing Main App icon.
- Now Localized in Danish language too.
- Improved other translations.
- Minor Bug fixes and improvements.
Release Date March 1, 2015
- Third Party Keyboard bug fix.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 24, 2015
- UI improvement for Samsung Devices.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Feb 18, 2015
- Enhanced security using SQLCipher AES-256 bit.
- Autolock mechanism improved.
- Quick PIN code unlock added.
- Items can be shared among Enpass users in non-readable format instead of plain text.
- Strength indicators added to all passwords.
- Can now generate pronounceable passwords.
- Now saves last used password recipe and uses that on next password generation.
- Keeps history of recently generated passwords.
- Sync now supports all major clouds (Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and Box ).
- See your cloud account details on sync page.
- See more precise sync timings as last attempted and actual sync done.
- Only one cloud can be enabled for sync as we support all cloud on all platforms.
BROWSER & AUTOFILL:
- Improved Enpass browser with multiple tabs and better autofilling.
- Enpass browser now runs parallel with main app and supports seamless switching.
- Default item fields can be deleted.
- Reorder/hide/remove categories/folders in sidebar.
- Operational language of Enpass can be changed from settings.
- Added subtitles in item list for quick glance of username/email/card numbers etc.
- Subfolder support added.
- Searching with-in items got better with deep-search.
Release Date October 29, 2014
- Login screen issue fixed for Android L.
- Minor improvements.
Release Date August 8, 2014
- Edit page crashing bug fixed.
- Minor Sync bug fixed.
Release Date July 25, 2014
- Added localization for Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- Previous Localizations improved.
- Crash while Syncing fixed.
Release Date May 10, 2014
- Arabic support added.
- SD card backup restore added.
- Minor Bug fixes.
Release Date April 30, 2014
- Launcher icon changed.
- Sync with OneDrive added.
- Sync with GoogleDrive added.
- Ability to add custom fields to an item.
- Ability to edit label or type of an item.
- Ability to hide categories from sidebar
- Ability to add folders to sidebar.
- Ability to change icons of folders.
- New square colorful icons for items.
- New templates added and improvements in existing ones.
- Ability to change an item icon.
- Option to disable audio feedback while login.
- Ambiguous characters removed from password generator.
- Performs deep search in item fields on pressing enter.
- Open in last used folder or category.
- Add multiple items to folder or favorites at once.
- Ability to create items within folders and add to it.
- Ability to create items within favorites and add to it.
- Other UI improvements.
- Long field values ellipses bug fixed.
- Incorrect search results bug for non-English language fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jan. 4, 2014
- New built-in Enpass Browser with auto-fill.
- Directly open a website in Enpass with login details automatically filled in.
- Folder sync issue fixed.
- Crash bug fixed.
Release Date Dec. 11, 2013
- Russian translation improved.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Dec. 4, 2013
- Minor bug fixes.
Release Date Oct. 25, 2013
- Dropbox sync bug fixed.
- In app purchase SDK updated.
Release Date Oct. 21, 2013
- Icons added.
- Bug fixes.
Release Date Oct. 12, 2013
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Russian language fixes.
Release Date Oct. 6, 2013
- Added French localization.
Release Date Oct. 5, 2013
- Localization for 8 languages.
- Welcome screen enhancement.
- Numeric Keyboard fix.
Release Date Sept. 19, 2013
- Initial release.