Beta Release Notes for macOS
Version 6.7.4 (951)
Release Date Nov 18, 2021
Good day, everyone! Today we are excited to bring this great update to you.
First thing that you can’t miss is the latest mac-style icon of Enpass. The next excitement is the whole new autofill experience with latest Enpass browser extensions. Previously, you had to move your cursor all the way to the Enpass icon in the browser toolbar to initiate autofill. Now, we’ve replaced this dull behavior with a smart, lightweight autofill popup menu that will appear on the web page itself with a list of suggestions to choose from. This blazingly fast autofill experience is there for all the supported browsers.
- Autofill using inline popup: Experience the new Safari extension that supports autofill using the inline popup menu, which is enabled by default, and presents the logins, credit cards and identities right there on the loaded forms on the webpage. This update has been made for all supported browsers.
- Freshly updated brand new Enpass icon.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Additional options to set keyboard shortcuts in your browser extensions to lock, autofill, and activate Enpass. The existing shortcuts (if any) will be reset.
- Some of you were getting a message —This version of Enpass is out of date— on launching the Enpass app. This has been fixed.
- While importing data from 1Password, some items were missing due to the large size of the note items. This has been fixed.
- Enpass was updating the password of another item with the same username. This has been fixed.
Version 6.7.2 (885)
Release Date Sep 06, 2021
- Fixed an issue where on macOS Big Sur, the Enpass window was coming to the foreground after the system restart.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant was not autofilling on the first attempt after unlock.
- The former Enpass version was able to import 1Password data only from the 1PIF folder. We have added a new option as “.1PIF file” alongside “.1PIF folder”. Fixed the issue where some users were not able to select the .1PIF file while importing 1Password data.
- Fixed an issue where the trashed items were also included in the Identical items list under Audit.
- Hint for the Search field in Enpass Assistant was being overlapped in the Chinese Language. Fixed.
Version 6.7.0 (865)
Release Date Aug 06, 2021
Thank you for the positive response to the Wi-Fi Sync! We have handled few bugs reported by you in this update. Detailed changelog as follow:
- After the recent Chrome browser update, the “Unknown Browser” message appeared on launching the browser extension. Fixed.
- Updated translations for WiFi-Sync specific strings.
- Updated few error messages shown while fetching vaults to be more descriptive.
- Other minor UI fixes.
We love hearing from you, and we’d love for your input on our support channels :
Version 6.7.0 (849)
Release Date July 15, 2021
Hello everyone in our beta testing community! We are overjoyed to have you folks with us.
The word of the day for this beta release is Wi-Fi Sync. Yes, you got it right. Enpass can now work as a complete offline password manager letting you sync data between your devices over the Wi-Fi or local network, i.e. without using any cloud service.
What are you waiting for? Buckle up to get your hands dirty on this exciting new beta. Please report all the bugs with your frustration and love here
Community Forums [Beta section]: https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/forum/25-enpass-beta/
- Introducing Wi-Fi Sync as a new way to sync data, without using any cloud service. You can now sync between devices connected over your Wi-Fi or local network. Read more about it here
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
- Fixed an issue where the item being edited was not prompted to save the changes if user clicked on any other item in list.
- On launching the URL from Assistant’s detail page, Enpass was opening it in default browser instead of in the context of that particular browser.
- Fixed an issue where the Assistant was overlapping the Dock, especially when the Dock was right aligned.
- Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests. Fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
- Enpass was hanging on changing the backup location. Fixed.
- Deleted Webform fields were left as zombie until the item itself was not deleted. Fixed.
Version 6.6.3 (839)
Release Date Jun 09, 2021
Turns out we let a small bug slid through that prevented Mojave users from enabling Touch ID. Along with this issue we have also tucked a couple more fixes in.
Thank you everyone who reported this bug; we really appreciate it.
- Fixed an issue where the touch ID option was disabled for Mojave users.
- Other browser extension fixes.
Version 6.6.2 (825)
Release Date April 26, 2021
- We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advanced Preferences to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
- Added an option on welcome screen to Activate Enpass allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
- Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Version 6.6.1 (807)
Release Date March 23, 2021
- We have squashed a bug that escaped our last beta release, where an empty vault was displayed after opening the lid.
Version 6.6.1 (799)
Release Date March 17, 2021
- Resolved the issue with Touch id on the website version of Enpass.
- Some of users reported Enpass window getting transparent. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with translation where the button to generate password on Edit page got invisible for Italian & Spanish language users.
- Fixed other minor bugs and crashes.
Version 6.6.0 (773)
Release Date February 05, 2021
- Quick! This patch release takes care of the sync issue with One Drive and Dropbox faced by a few of you.
Version 6.6.0 (765)
Release Date January 25, 2021
Good day everyone! Here comes the new, shiny update of Enpass. With this release, your security has gone a few notches higher with an improved Audit Section.
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Few of you were unable to select the text in the search field in Enpass. Fixed.
- Fixed a few issues with Touch id.
- Custom icons were not showing up for few users who had synced with multiple devices. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- On launching from the System tray, the maximized window of Enpass was not minimizing.
- Fixed an issue where the app showed a gray screen when opened after quitting on MacOS High-Sierra.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
Version 6.5.1 (721)
Release Date September 30, 2020
- Duplicate any item now via the option in the main list context menu.
- Sorting of the Custom icons now in Reverse chronological order.
- Just to let you know that you have successfully copied the password via a shortcut, Now you will get a notification when you copy the password to the clipboard with a shortcut.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X (Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- Fixed issues with Shortcuts not working in the last update.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Enpass was not retaining the size of the window. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (701)
Release Date September 03, 2020
- A few of you reported issues with shortcuts (cmd+S, cmd+W) on the New App, Fixed.
- Problems with Sync on few WebDAV accounts. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (699)
Release Date August 26, 2020
- UI Improvements.
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Autofill for Microsoft account was not working on Safari. Fixed.
- Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Version 6.4.2 (667)
Release Date May 15, 2020
- The last release had introduced few issues with the new functionality of include in password generator, and this build takes care of them all.
- Minor enhancements to Autofill for safari.
- Enpass used to open a new tab for autofilling on few sites. Fixed.
- Few of you were facing issues with Enpass extension for Vivaldi. Fixed.
- An issue with import, where the secret key was displayed instead of the TOTP. Fixed.
- Last item of Tags was getting duplicated. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.4.1 (641)
Release Date March 25, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols—while generating random passwords—now you can control which symbols should only be included in generated passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- Fixed an issue with iCloud sync, which was getting signed out after a day, Just reconnect your iCloud account.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.4.0 (627)
Release Date February 19, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: This much-requested feature is finally here! You can add your Office 365 Business accounts to configure sync with Enpass. Also, please, note that your current OneDrive sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up it again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: Instead of clicking the button to reveal a password, you can view it directly by pressing a shortcut Cmd+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Improved Autofill on Safari.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Improved performance for the item listing making it faster to load the items.
- In the Spanish language, the login items were not correctly listed under Login category.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.3.2 (599)
Release Date December 12, 2019
- Few users reported iClould sync error in the last update. Fixed.
- While editing an item, users were unable to copy the passwords. Fixed.
- Some of the Pro users were unable to restore purchases. Fixed.
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Version 6.3.1 (583)
Release Date November 27, 2019
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to use TOTP and getting “Invalid TOTP” as message.
- Squashed couple of crashes which caused the app to misbehave in certain scenarios.
Version 6.3.0 (579)
Release Date November 19, 2019
ENPASS IS NOW TOTALLY FREE FOR DESKTOPS
One of the most awesome treats you get with the new update is 100% free access on all desktop apps. That’s right! Just register your Enpass using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, ABSOLUTELY FREE.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass, and we value your love for Enpass.
Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
Version 6.2.0 (533)
Release Date September 06, 2019
- Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs. We know you are eager to discern what exactly is happening behind the scenes. Most of the queries popping in your mind should be addressed here, if you still have some concerns feel free to reach out to support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
Version 6.1.2 (497)
Release Date August 05, 2019
- Resolved the issue with slow processing of the app & high memory consumption.
- Other minor fixes.
Version 6.1.1 (463)
Release Date July 02, 2019
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Resolved issue with resizing of Enpass assistant on multi monitor with different resolutions.
- Fixed few issue with folder sync.
- Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
- Issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in list.
- Issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- Other minor fixes.