Beta Release Notes for macOS
Version 6.9.2 (1548)
Release Date Oct 25, 2023
Great news for your security! The passwordless future is here with Enpass passkey management!
Hello you fantastic Enpass beta testers! Do we have something great for you in 6.9.2: Enpass can now manage passkeys as well as passwords! Be sure your browser extension are up to date for passkey creation in your browsers.
HOW PASSKEYS WORK
- When you create an account using a passkey for authentication, Enpass creates a pair of “keys” that only work when used together.
- One key lives on the account, and the other lives encrypted in Enpass.
- When logging in, you use Face ID or Touch ID to allow the two keys to match together, confirming you’re really you.
WHY PASSKEYS OVER PASSWORDS?
- Because passkeys have two parts, kept in different places, they can’t be guessed, stolen, hacked, or captured by scammers — which makes passkeys exponentially more secure than passwords.
WHY USE ENPASS TO MANAGE YOUR PASSKEYS?
- Passkeys were originally device-specific, but with Enpass, you can sync your passkeys across your devices, making your accounts more secure no matter which device you’re using to login.
ENPASS 6.9.2 ALSO FIXED A FEW BUGS
- Fixed a rare crash issue when unlocking with Touch ID
- Fixed an connection issue with Nextcloud when the server URL contained a port number.
- Fixed a problem with the browser extension’s inline menu misbehaving for Items with a custom icon in Enpass.
- Fixed autofill suggestion bug specific to dashboard.uberspace.de
Version 6.9.1 (1512)
Release Date Sep 22, 2023
Hello Enpass fans! We’ve crushed a few bugs. Thanks for the bug reports!
- Fixed some unruly behavior of Tags when syncing vaults across devices.
- Fixed an iCloud setup/restore bug that would launch your browser instead of identifying the iCloud account associated with your Mac.
- Fixed overlapping-text issue for Greek and Russian languages.
Version 6.9.0 (1454)
Release Date July 13, 2023
Hello, beta testers! This beta release fixes the following:
- In Notes and Multiline fields, the Tab key is back to indenting, not switching focus to the next field
- Improved the logic of how website icons are loaded if Use Website Icon is enabled
- Rare reauthorization errors on WebDAV sync should be resolved
- Rare “We couldn’t find any Enpass Business plan associated with this email address” error in the session expired popup should be resolved
Version 6.8.4 (1166)
Release Date Oct 20, 2022
Hello, everyone! We’ve improved security and squashed some annoying little bugs in this release.
- Added SSL certificate pinning for stronger security when communicating with Enpass servers.
- Fixed: In browser extension, sometimes keyboard shortcuts were not working properly for copying username or passwords from the List View.
- Fixed: “Invalid Secret Key” error when generating one-time codes of more than 100 characters.
- Fixed: In some cases, passwords changed on one device were not syncing correctly, even though other updates did.
Version 6.8.3 (1150)
Release Date Sep 23, 2022
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 6.8.3 (1136)
Release Date Sep 09, 2022
Hello, everyone! We have some great changes for you in this release, including site-specific generated passwords, several improvements for Enpass Business users, and a handful of squished bugs.
- Enpass can now import new .1pux format from 1Password.
- Enpass can now import CSV format from Myki.
- Built-in Password Generator now checks if a website has specific password requirements before generating password suggestions.
- In compliance with new Apple requirements, Enpass for iOS and macOS now include in-app account-deletion option.
- Vaults can now be created and stored in the Files section of Microsoft Teams channels.
- Search is now available when opening or creating a vault in SharePoint Sites and Teams Channels.
- Admins can now specify requirements and restrictions for Enpass to use when generating passwords.
- Admins can now specify terms that should be discouraged from use in passwords.
- Admins can now set users’ ability to create and share secondary vaults.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass could sync continuously, waiting for reauthentication.
- Fixed blank window (and related issues) when updating an Enpass Item through the browser extension.
- Password History duplication (due to incorrect timestamp during sync) has been resolved.
- Brave Browser’s newest code signature is now recognized by the Enpass browser extension.
- WebDAVNav users with Digest Authentication enabled should no longer be asked to reauthenticate.
- Fixed error when creating a second vault in Nextcloud using different credentials but the same URL.
Version 6.8.0 (1056)
Release Date May 01, 2022
As we gear up for the final release, fixing a few issues reported by our awesome Beta testers:
- Few users started getting 405 syncing error code with WebDAV if used with NAS. Fixed.
- Box users started getting blank Sync error messages on updation to the beta version. Fixed.
Release Date Mar 23, 2022
- Automatic Compromised Password Check: Compromise Password checker can now run automatically whenever a new item is added, or an existing item is updated to ensure there is no breached data on your vaults. Just head over to Advanced Settings and enable the check box.
- Frequently Used Suggestions: Enpass now gives suggestions of the most-used Usernames, email, and Phone numbers stored in the selected vault while creating a new item.
- Fill from password history: Users will now be able to fill in passwords from their password history on the Edit page.
- Reveal password: Users can now reveal an item’s password by pressing the option keys on the keyboard.
- CapsLock Indicator: Notifies users when CapsLock is active while entering Master Password.
- Merge Backup vault to any Existing vault: Users can now merge data from a backup vault to any existing vault. Just Select Import > Enpass > Backup file> Select the backup file from your machine> Select the Vault you want to merge in> Enter the master password of the backup vault.
- Increased limit Password limit: While generating a password, users will now get an increased limit of up to 100 characters.
- Show More: We have returned the ‘Show More’ button to the Enpass assistant, hoping all your concerns with the ‘Match URL hostname’ functionality are now resolved.
- Custom period for TOTP: Enpass now support generating one-time code with custom period. By default, the period will be 30 seconds unless specified by the TOTP URI.
- Clipboard: We have updated pasteboard flags while copying data from Enpass.
- Un-synced changes Alert!: Enpass now shows a warning message when attempting to remove a vault that has un-synced changes.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass marked TOTP as invalid if the TOTP had ‘\n’ in the secret key
- Fixed an issue where extra spaces were being added before the parentheses(while adding/editing any text in any field)
- Fixed an issue where the passwords were getting truncated/cutoff/incomplete on printing the item if the escaped characters (‘<‘ and ‘=’)
- Fixed an issue where the item list is fetched multiple times, unlocking the assistant.
- Fixed an issue where Emojis under items is displayed as a set of horizontal lines.
- Fixed an issue where the text was getting truncated in the Korean language.
- Fixed an issue where a few users could not launch URL/website with Unicode characters from the Enpass items detail page.
- Fixed an issue where users were getting “nothing to import” while importing from Bitwarden (because of a change in Folder keys).
- Fixed an issue where a few of you could not print items from Enpass.
- Fixed subtitles for identity item with First Name +Last Name (subtitle of any old identity item will be changed on app update)
- Fixed an issue where the spaces after commas were not displayed.