Beta Release Notes for Linux
Version 6.7.2 (885)
Release Date Sep 07, 2021
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant was not autofilling on the first attempt after unlock.
- Fixed an issue where a few of you were unable to select the .1PIF file exported from 1Password by adding a new option for 1Password import.
- Fixed an issue where the trashed items were also included in the Identical items list under Audit.
- Chinese users were getting the text overlapped with background text while searching on Enpass assistant. Fixed.
Version 6.7.0 (849)
Release Date July 26, 2021
Hello everyone in our beta testing community! We are overjoyed to have you folks with us.
The word of the day for this beta release is Wi-Fi Sync. Yes, you got it right. Enpass can now work as a complete offline password manager letting you sync data between your devices over the Wi-Fi or local network, i.e. without using any cloud service.
What are you waiting for? Buckle up to get your hands dirty on this exciting new beta. Please report all the bugs with your frustration and love here
Community Forums [Beta section]: https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/forum/25-enpass-beta/
- Introducing Wi-Fi Sync as a new way to sync data, without using any cloud service. You can now sync between devices connected over your Wi-Fi or local network. Read more about it here
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
- Fixed an issue where the item being edited was not prompted to save the changes if user clicked on any other item in list.
- On launching the URL from Assistant’s detail page, Enpass was opening it in default browser instead of in the context of that particular browser.
- Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests. Fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
- Enpass was hanging on changing the backup location. Fixed.
- Deleted Webform fields were left as zombie until the item itself was not deleted. Fixed.
Version 6.6.3 (837)
Release Date Jun 04, 2021
We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advance settings to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
Added an option on welcome screen to Activate Enpass allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
- Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Version 6.6.0 (775)
Release Date February 05, 2021
- Quick! This patch release takes care of the sync issue with One Drive and Dropbox faced by a few of you.
Version 6.6.0 (761)
Release Date January 25, 2021
Good day everyone! Here comes the new, shiny update of Enpass. With this release, your security has gone a few notches higher with an improved Audit Section.
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- Various UI improvements. The settings screen will show tabs at the bottom for faster switching.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Few of you reported issues with frequent crashes on Enpass for Linux.
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
Release Date October 01, 2020
- Duplicate any item now via the option in the main list context menu.
- Sorting of the Custom icons now in Reverse chronological order.
- Just to let you know that you have successfully copied the password via a shortcut, Now you will get a notification when you copy the password to the clipboard with a shortcut.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X (Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Alt+Tab shortcut wasn’t working as expected on Manjaro XFCE. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (701)
Release Date September 03, 2020
- Issues with Sync on few WebDAV accounts. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (695)
Release Date August 26, 2020
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date February 19, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: This much-requested feature is finally here! You can add your Office 365 Business accounts to configure sync with Enpass. Also, please, note that your current OneDrive sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up it again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: Instead of clicking the button to reveal a password, you can view it directly by pressing a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Enhanced Autofill: Your favourite feature, Enpass Autofill is now better than before.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Improved performance for the item listing making it faster to load the items.
- In the Spanish language, the login items were not correctly listed under Login category.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.2.0 (533)
Release Date September 06, 2019
- Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs. We know you are eager to discern what exactly is happening behind the scenes. Most of the queries popping in your mind should be addressed here, if you still have some concerns feel free to reach out to support at email@example.com.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.