How can I restore Enpass v5 cloud data to Enpass v6?
If you were earlier syncing your data over cloud in Enpass 5 or previous versions and now want to restore it into the latest Enpass version 6.x, please follow the steps mentioned below:
i) Step 1: Downloading the Enpass v5 file from the cloud:
Log in to your cloud account from a desktop and download the sync file present in the corresponding locations for each cloud. The sync file will have an extension .walletx which you can find via
- Dropbox: Apps folder–>Enpass folder –> sync_default.walletx –> Right click and download the file.
- iCloud: Enpass folder–> sync_default.walletx –> Download the file.
- Box: Files–>Enpass folder –> sync_default.walletx –> Download the file.
- Google Drive: My Drive ->Enpass folder –> sync_default.walletx –> Download the file.
- OneDrive: Files -> Enpass folder–> sync_default.walletx –> Download the file.
- WebDAV/own cloud: WebDAV URL–> Enpass folder–> sync_default.walletx –> Download the file.
ii) Step 2: Restoring the v5 file in Enpass v6:
a) Enapass v6 fresh installation:
- On the welcome screen of Enpass v6, choose Restore existing -> Select Files -> locate the downloaded .walletx file.
- Enter the Master password to authorize and restore data successfully.
b) Enpass v6 has existing data: If you’ve already created some items in the Enpass v6, then take a backup of the existing data, and then restore the v5 data. For this, please follow the below steps:
- On desktop, export the existing Enpass data(if any) from File -> Export -> JSON.
- Erase all data in Enpass. Go to Settings -> Advanced -> Erase Everything.
Now, on the welcome screen of Enpass, restore the v5 file via Restore existing -> Select Files -> locate the downloaded .walletx file.
- Once v5 data restores successfully, import the JSON file.
- All data will restore in Enpass on the desktop. After data restores, permanently delete the Enpass JSON file from your system for security reasons because the JSON file is unencrypted.
You can later sync the data with (any) cloud in Enpass and later restore it on remaining devices.