Enpass Release Notes for Windows (Store version)
Version 6.9.2 (1562)
Release Date Nov 16, 2023
Great news for your security! The passwordless future is here with Enpass passkey management!
Passkeys are a faster, super-secure way sign in to websites using Windows Hello face or fingerprint recognition instead of passwords. (Learn more about passkeys.)
HOW PASSKEYS WORK
- When you create an account using a passkey for authentication, Enpass creates a pair of “keys” that only work when used together.
- One key lives on the account, and the other lives encrypted in Enpass.
- When logging in, use your face or fingerprint authentication to allow the two keys to match together, confirming you’re really you.
WHY PASSKEYS OVER PASSWORDS?
- Because passkeys have two parts, kept in different places, they can’t be guessed, stolen, hacked, or captured by scammers — which makes passkeys exponentially more secure than passwords.
WHY USE ENPASS TO MANAGE YOUR PASSKEYS?
- Passkeys were originally device-specific, but with Enpass, you can sync your passkeys across your devices, making your accounts more secure no matter which device you’re using to login.
ENPASS 6.9.2 ALSO FIXED A FEW BUGS
- Fixed an connection issue with Nextcloud when the server URL contained a port number.
- Fixed a problem with the browser extension’s inline menu misbehaving for Items with a custom icon in Enpass.
- Fixed autofill suggestion bug specific to dashboard.uberspace.de
Version 6.9.1 (1512)
Release Date Sep 26, 2023
Hello Enpass fans! We’ve crushed a few bugs. Thanks for the bug reports!
Furthermore, this version includes updates that pave the way for introducing passkey management support on Windows. We’ve recently rolled out this support on other mobile platforms as well.
- Fixed occasional crashes when syncing with Google Drive.
- Fixed some unruly behavior of Tags when syncing vaults across devices.
- Fixed overlapping-text issue for Greek and Russian languages.
- Fixed “Unreachable Destination Folder for Sync’”error when selecting root drive for Folder Sync in Windows.
Version 6.9.0 (1466)
Release Date July 20, 2023
Hello, everyone! We’re thrilled to bring you a new update packed with impressive features to enhance your security & experience on Enpass, for both our Personal and Business plan users. This release sets a higher bar for us as we’ve revisited and refined these features repeatedly, ensuring we surpass our own expectations.
Your security is our priority! In this update, we’ve strengthened the encryption of your Enpass data by increasing the number of iterations used on your master password for deriving the encryption key.
This release also marks a landmark moment in the Enpass journey as we’ve introduced much-requested features for our Enpass Business enterprise clients. This includes help for those who’ve forgotten their master passwords and the ability for admins to have a security dashboard with overall health score, information on vaults and lot more. Keep reading…
Enpass Business Users:
- Introducing Enpass Hub! Uncovering the most-demanded features for Enpass Business enterprise clients, that include:
- Access Recovery for users who have lost their Master Password
- And enhanced Admin Console tools that make it easy to…
- Oversee vaults in organization’s cloud (Microsoft 365)
- Monitor password health of your organization overall
- Identify employees whose weak or compromised passwords are a security risk
- Streamlined vault sharing that enables…
- Sharing vaults without sharing the vault passwords
- Sharing directly from the Enpass app (no extra steps in OneDrive)
- Adding shared vaults to your Enpass app with a single click
- Easy permissions management for the vaults you’ve shared
To activate Enpass Hub for your organization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vault sharing can now be initiated from within Enpass Settings > Vaults. Choose a vault and click the Share icon to start
- Added template for storing Cryptocurrency wallets (under Finance in the Add New Items screen)
- Added an option to restore vaults on welcome screen via Folder Sync location
- Strengthened the security of your vaults by optimizing the key generation process. The encryption key derived from your master password, which is used to secure your data, will now undergo 320K rounds of PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA512 iterations, a substantial increase from the previous 100K rounds. All existing vaults (excluding backups) will be upgraded. (Note: May require a second authorization for using biometrics)
- Business users having different Primary Email address and Username, were getting error while trying to connect to OneDrive if license is assigned to username. Fixed.
- Sidebar and Items List width will no longer revert to previous sizes after restarting Enpass
- Searching for password that contains the “%” symbol works again
- Hidden text in credit card fields will now remain hidden
- The Copy button should be working again when adding items via the browser extension
- When the Enpass backup location is changed, this should no longer lead to multiple backup sub-folders
- Quitting Enpass from an error page should no longer disconnect Folder Sync
- A rare problem saving changes to Items has been resolved
- A rare problem with the browser extension freezing has been resolved
Version 6.8.6 (1360)
Release Date May 08, 2023
Three small changes in this release: one fix, one a security improvement, and one Enpass Business back-end tweak:
- Fixed issue with Windows Hello appearing as disabled in Settings when it was actually enabled
- Sharing individual Items in Enpass will now require using a pre-shared key (PSK)
- Microsoft 365 permissions scopes updated
Release Date Feb 06, 2023
Hello, everyone! We’ve fixed a few of user-reported bugs that affected Enpass personal and business users.
- Fixed an issue in which an error 1208968 would occur if an Enpass Personal user chose OneDrive for Business as their vault location. Users who encountered this error would now need to disconnect, then set up the sync again in Settings > Vaults.
- When creating vaults on SharePoint sites, Enpass Business users should no longer encounter “Something went wrong: Error code -500” message.
- When backing up vaults, Enpass Business users should no longer encounter…
- Infinite wait time while performing “Erase everything”.
- Failure when backing up personal vaults.
Release Date Oct 31, 2022
Hello, everyone! We’ve squashed some annoying little bugs in this release.
- Fixed: In browser extension, sometimes keyboard shortcuts were not working properly for copying username or passwords from the List View.
- Fixed: “Invalid Secret Key” error when generating one-time codes of more than 100 characters.
- Fixed: In some cases, passwords changed on one device were not syncing correctly, even though other updates did.
Release Date Sep 27, 2022
Hello, everyone! We have some great changes for you in this release, including site-specific generated passwords, several improvements to Enpass Business users, and a handful of squished bugs.
- Built-in Password Generator now checks if a website has specific password requirements before generating password suggestions.
- Enpass can now import new .1pux format from 1Password.
- Enpass can now import CSV format from Myki.
- Vaults can now be created and stored in the Files section of Microsoft Teams channels.
- Search is now available when opening or creating a vault in SharePoint Sites and Teams Channels.
- Admins can now specify requirements and restrictions for Enpass to use when generating passwords.
- Admins can now specify terms that should be discouraged from use in passwords.
- Admins can now set users’ ability to create and share secondary vaults.
- Added SSL certificate pinning for Enpass servers.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass could sync continuously, waiting for reauthentication.
- Fixed blank window (and related issues) when updating an Enpass Item through the browser extension.
- Password History duplication (due to incorrect timestamp during sync) has been resolved.
- Brave Browser’s newest code signature is now recognized by the Enpass browser extension.
- WebDAV users with Digest Authentication enabled should no longer be asked to reauthenticate.
- Fixed error when creating a second vault in WebDAV using different credentials but the same URL.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date Jun 28, 2022
Hello everyone! This build takes care of few bugs reported by you.
- A few of you reported Enpass crashing when trying to launch the app from the System Tray icon. This issue has been resolved.
- The recently introduced shortcut using the ALT key to unmask an Item’s password has been rolled back. It was unmasking passwords even when using other ALT-key shortcuts, like ALT + TAB.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Release Date May 19, 2022
- Fixed an issue with Dropbox syncing where the users were required to “Re-authenticate” with Dropbox very frequently.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date May 3, 2022
Hello everyone. We’re excited to share a big update with you. This release isn’t just about bug fixes and minor improvements. We’re celebrating the start of a whole new era for Enpass – Enpass for Business!
Businesses and large enterprises can now use Enpass to secure the passwords and sensitive data of their teams, and yes – we are still OFFLINE. We know not everyone is comfortable storing their passwords on someone else’s servers, and that applies to businesses too. Your wait for an offline password manager for your workplace over now that Enpass for Business is here.
- Enpass for businesses: If you’re in a business not using any password manager for team members and waited for any offline one, your wait is over! Enpass Business is here – keep your business sensitive data on your devices/cloud, set password policies, onboard users via SCIM supported Active Directory and there’s lot more if you’re using Microsoft 365 Business. Checkout our website for more!
- Automatic Compromised Password Checker: Password auditing has become more effective with added security. Compromised password checking is now automatic in Enpass and triggers whenever a new password is added or changed. Just enable it on from Audit > Compromised > Turn on.
- While creating or editing an item, you’ll now get suggestions to auto-complete the fields for Usernames, Emails, and Phone numbers with the most used values in the selected vault.
- You can now reveal an item’s password by pressing the Alt keys on the keyboard.
- Added an indicator to show if the Caps lock is on while entering Master Password.
- On the Edit page, you will now have an option for password fields to use a password from the generator’s history. This is helpful when password for any website is changed successfully changing passwords using the browser extension is a success but the extension itself fails to capture the updated password for any reason. You can now manually edit the item and access the last generated password using this option.
- The ‘Show More’ button is back on the Enpass Assistant, hoping all your concerns with the ‘Match URL hostname’ functionality are gone for good.
- Added option to import Enpass vault from encrypted backup file in any existing vault. Just Select Import > Enpass > Backup file > Select the backup file from your machine> Select the Vault> Enter the password of the backup vault.
- The time interval for one-time codes can be changed from the default value of 30 seconds.
- Enpass now shows a warning message on trying to remove a vault that has un-synced changes.
- Full name (First name + Last name) from Identity type item will be displayed as secondary text in the items list.
- Secret keys containing new line characters (‘\n’) were marked as invalid while generating one-time codes. Fixed
- Rectified an issue where the passwords having escape characters (‘<‘ and ‘=’) were truncated while printing.
- Fixed an issue where the spaces after commas were not displayed in Enpass user interface.
- Fixed an issue where the item list was refreshing twice on unlocking the Enpass Assistant.
- Fixed an issue where Emojis in items were displayed as horizontal lines.
- Few of you were unable to launch URL having Unicode characters from the Enpass detail page. Fixed.
- Few of you started getting error “nothing to import” while importing from Bitwarden. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where a few of you could not print items from Enpass.
Release Date Nov 17, 2021
Good day, everyone! Today’s update is all about taking your autofill experience to next level when used with the latest extensions for your browsers. Previously, you had to move your cursor all the way to the Enpass icon in the browser toolbar to initiate autofill. Now, in the new extensions we’ve replaced this tedious process with a lightweight autofill popup menu that will appear on the web page itself with a list of suggestions to choose from.
This blazingly fast autofill experience is there for all the supported browsers, and you need to update the extensions as well.
- Support for Inline Autofill on browsers: Experience the new autofill using the inline popup menu, which is enabled by default and presents the logins, credit cards, and identities right there on the loaded forms on the webpage. This update has been made for all supported browsers.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Additional options to set keyboard shortcuts in your browser extensions to lock, autofill, and activate Enpass. The existing shortcuts (if any) will be reset.
- Code-signing certificate for executables has been updated as the current one is expiring this month. So if you get a warning message from antivirus or a Windows smart screen warning, it is due to the new code-signing certificate. Please allow the executable to run, and you should be good to go!
- Some of you were getting a message —This version of Enpass is out of date— on launching the Enpass app. This has been fixed.
- While importing data from 1Password, some items were missing due to the large size of the note items. This has been fixed.
- Enpass was updating the password of another item with the same username. This has been fixed.
Release Date Sep 10, 2021
Hello everyone! We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for using Wi-Fi sync and for sharing your feedback.
This update contains a few, but important fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant was not autofilling on the first attempt after unlock.
- The former Enpass version was able to import 1Password data only from the 1PIF folder. We have added a new option as “.1PIF file” alongside “.1PIF folder”. Fixed the issue where some users were not able to select the .1PIF file while importing 1Password data.
- Fixed an issue where the trashed items were also included in the Identical items list under Audit.
- Hint for the Search field in Enpass Assistant was being overlapped in the Chinese Language. Fixed.
Version 6.7.0 (866)
Release Date Aug 19, 2021
- The most awaited Enpass feature, Wi-Fi sync is at last, here. We have taken the word OFFLINE to a whole another level as now you get the option to sync your data across devices, CLOUDLESSLY — over your Wi-Fi or local network. This means you now have complete ownership of your data, and in turn, total peace of mind.
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass was not asking to save the changes in the item being edited if user clicked on any other item in the list.
- On launching the URL from Assistant’s detail page, Enpass was opening it in the default browser instead of in the context of that particular browser.
- After the recent Chrome browser update, the “Unknown Browser” message appeared on launching the browser extension. Fixed.
- Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests, fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
- Enpass was hanging on changing the backup location. Fixed.
- Deleted Webform fields were left as zombies until the item itself was not deleted. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the detail page was becoming empty on shrinking the Enpass Window to collapse Sidebar.
Version 6.6.3 (836)
Release Date July 13, 2021
We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advance settings to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
Added an option on the welcome screen to Activate Enpass, allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass doesn’t get launched and returned error.
- Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
- Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Release Date March 25, 2021
Greetings everyone! This Enpass update contains a few but essential fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.
- Resolved the issue with Windows Hello, introduced in the last release.
- Few of you reported issues with the Edit page, Login templates in Italian & Spanish languages. Fixed.
- Fixes for other minor bugs and crashes.
Release Date February 05, 2021
Good day everyone! Here comes the new, shiny update of Enpass. With this release, your security has gone a few notches higher with an improved Audit Section.
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- Various UI improvements. The settings screen will show tabs at the bottom for faster switching.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Show/Hide menu option in settings for the classic theme.
- Fixed sync issues with Onedrive and Dropbox.
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Fixed a few issues with Windows Hello.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- On launching from the System tray, the maximized window of Enpass was not minimizing.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with items created from the credit card template.
- Few of you reported text getting truncated on the item detail page with a particular Scaling and resolution setting.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
Release Date October 07, 2020
- Duplicate any item now via the option in the main list context menu.
- Sorting of the Custom icons now in Reverse chronological order.
- Just to let you know that you have successfully copied the password via a shortcut, Now you will get a notification when you copy the password to the clipboard with a shortcut.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X (Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Release Date September 10, 2020
- One of the most requested feature— “Full-time Windows Hello support” is here. Now you need not enter the master password after system/app restart.
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date June 08, 2020
- We heard from a few of you that you were getting stuck on the welcome page after the last update. We were able to recreate and fix that issue, so thank you for getting in touch!
Release Date May 20, 2020
- The last release had introduced few issues with the new functionality of include in password generator, and this build takes care of them all.
- Few of you were facing issues with Enpass extension for Vivaldi. Fixed.
- An issue with import, where the secret key was displayed instead of the TOTP. Fixed.
- Last item of Tags was getting duplicated. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 26, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols—while generating random passwords—now you can control which symbols should only be included in generated passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- An issue with iCloud sync getting signed out after a day. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 03, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: Enpass now supports OneDrive Business. If you have OneDrive already synced, your sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up the sync with OneDrive again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: As requested by a lot of you, we are adding a shortcut for displaying the passwords for a particular item by pressing Ctrl+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Enhanced Autofill: Your favorite feature, enpass Autofill, is now better than before.
- Improved performance for the item listing.
- Windows Hello Dialog box was hiding behind Enpass assistant window. Fixed.
- Resolved issues with Categories for login items being displayed in the Spanish language.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date December 23, 2019
- The issue with “Windows Hello” setting not persisted on relaunching the app.
Release Date December 12, 2019
- Few users reported iClould sync error in the last update. Fixed.
- Users were unable to use enpass on Edge beta browser. Fixed.
- While editing an item, users were unable to copy the passwords. Fixed.
- Issues while restoring purchase were not updating the correct plan for few users. Fixed.
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date November 19, 2019
ENPASS IS NOW TOTALLY FREE FOR DESKTOPS
One of the most awesome treats you get with the new update is 100% free access on all desktop apps. That’s right! Just register your Enpass using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, ABSOLUTELY FREE.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass, and we value your love for Enpass. Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
EXISTING PRO USERS
You are our heroes, and we love you, a-lot! Today, we are what we are because of your love and support. You do not have to pay, and can continue to use the Pro version at no extra cost. Not just that, your Enpass purchased from any device will work across all the platforms. Just register your purchase using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, across all platforms.
Release Date September 25, 2019
- Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs. We know you are eager to discern what exactly is happening behind the scenes. Most of the queries popping in your mind should be addressed here, if you still have some concerns feel free to reach out to support at email@example.com.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
Release Date August 19, 2019
- Issue of Windows Hello being asked second time after entering Master Password is fixed now.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date July 11, 2019
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Enhanced the UI for light themes.
- Windows clipboard history won’t have any data copied from Enpass app.
- Icon of Enpass app not visible in light theme at Notification area.
- Fixed few issue with folder sync.
- Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
- User reported an issue with the Section name case being changed while editing.
- Issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in list.
- Issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date May 28, 2019
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: A section for the passwords which are Pwned (compromised in a hack) under the Password Audit sections. The app will securely check all your passwords against the list of breached passwords in the past (via haveibeenhacked.com), and if found, the compromised passwords will appear under this section, which we recommend should be changed immediately.
- Classic View: Many of our Windows users still loving the Classic View and demanded the same for Enpass. And here it is. For Windows 7 and 8 the app by default run in the Classic theme and for Windows 10 you need to enable it from the app Settings > Customize > Theme > Select the Classic option and restart the app.
- Password subset: The feature makes a comeback, Enpass now lets you see certain characters of a password as specified by position. For example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: Now in addition to the JSON & TXT we also support exporting your data in the CSV format.
- Enhanced Import from other password managers: We have tweaked the import functionality, which will make Migration of your data from other (not so good) password managers to Enpass a cake walk.
- Tag Suggestions: Better tag suggestions, the app will auto-suggest the existing tags (along with the parent of the tag) as soon as you start trying them.
- Password Readability: This update improves the readability of Passwords against the light/dark backgrounds with a new color combination for the Digits, Uppercase, and Symbols.
- Option to clear ‘Recent items’ from the app: Now you can clear the list of Recent items from the app’s Menu bar.
- Exporting Trashed & Archived items: Enpass now also supports exporting your Trashed or Archived items, tick the check boxes for Trashed & Archived while exporting to a desired format.
- A glitch in UI where the app window was getting cut off while creating a new item in the custom templates. Fixed.
- A bug which was impeding users from adding an attachment if the attachment had % symbol in its name. Fixed.
- A bug in the manual proxy configuration didn’t allow some users to configure the cloud sync has been resolved.
- The custom icons weren’t resized or cropped appropriately. Fixed.
- A UI bug where enabling/disabling the checkbox of ‘Autosubmit Login’ in Enpass Browser settings didn’t display the actual state. Fixed.
- If a Multiline field was marked as sensitive, then the information wasn’t concealed with bullets in the edit page. Fixed.
- While creating a new Tag, or sub-tag the focus automatically got back to the previously selected list in the Sidebar. Fixed.
- While re-ordering the fields, the scroller on the edit item page wasn’t moving with the field which was being re-ordered. Fixed.
- While printing the database, the app didn’t sort the database in the correct alphabetic order. Fixed.
- While copying or moving an item from one vault to another, the information saved in the Web form wasn’t copied/moved to the item in new vault. Fixed.
- For the Note category, clicking Ctrl+C in the Enpass Assistant didn’t copy the selected information. Fixed.
Release Date March 5, 2019
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Added an option (via Right clicking) to delete custom icons from the icon chooser.
- The Enpass Assistant is now more Keyboard friendly. You can open the main app (Ctrl+E), browser settings (Ctrl+,), stick the Assistant (Shift+Ctrl+D)or even quit the app (Ctrl+Q) from the Keyboard itself.
- While searching for information, the app now selects the first item by default from the results.
- Sometimes the main list was flicking after adding, editing, archiving or deleting an item. Now all these actions are flicker-free.
- Introducing a right-click, contextual menu for Windows Touch devices.
- The scrolling gets smoother for the Windows Touch Devices.
- Double-clicking the Enpass icon in the taskbar will now open the main app windows.
- The sync messages are now localized.
- An issue of connection error between Chrome extension and Enpass App emerged as Google changed the signing certificate of Chrome browser due to which Enpass was not validating it as an authorized browser. It’s been fixed now.
- An issue where the app was crashing or showing a blank screen on the startup has been fixed.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- A bug that was causing the display problems in Chinese and Japanese languages when the system scaling set to 125,175 or 225% has been fixed.
- After restarting the app, the application window will no longer reset itself.
- Fixed an issue where some of our users reported that the icons of the app Toolbar and Categories weren’t visible.
- Fixed the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the item could be saved with an empty title if the title was cleared while editing the information.
- A bug causing the app to crash while importing data from Bitwarden has been squashed to ensure a smooth onboarding to Enpass.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- For those using multiple monitors, the app doesn’t resize itself while moving it to another monitor. It will also remember the monitor where the app was last opened.
Release Date February 1, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- Now the app can auto-lock itself when left idle for a particular time interval. You can enable this option from app settings under the ‘Security’ section.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 24, 2019
- Significantly improved synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- You can now remove multiple items from the Favorites.
- Improved Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with same name i.e like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike previous ver, password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to pronounceable passwords.
- Optimized CPU usage which was going high due to animation of sync icon.
- The item editing window now adjusts itself in accordance with the main app window.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in sidebar, item will be tagged upon creation.
- App now shows a warning dialog before Trashing an item.
- Improved sync with Google Drive.
- Improved Spanish translation where some strings were shown in English.
- Added import for JSON file exported from Bitwarden password manager.
- Due to Proxy configuration on some of the desktops, app update was not getting download. Fixed.
- Issue where Auto-save dialog in dark theme was appearing in Grey, making it hard to read, fixed.
- App was freezing while setting up sync. Fixed.
- Issue when Enpass was crashing on opening an item from the browser extension using down arrow and Enter key. Fixed.
- Importing data from KeePass with empty titles made app to crash. Fixed.
- Issue where pressing Ctrl + F in Enpass extension was not bringing focus on Search bar if an item was selected in the list. Fixed.
Release Date January 07, 2019
- FONT MISALIGNMENT FIXED: Fixed a bug that causes font misalignment on some HiDPI displays.
Release Date January 03, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- HIGH CPU USAGE: The CPU usage was always high >0.5. It was due to the animation of syncing data. We have fixed it now.
- CRASH FIXES: Fixed a crash during import/upgrade of v5 data.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Unlocking via Windows Hello: Quickly access your database by unlocking the app via Windows Hello. The app requires the Master Password after every fresh start.
- Create Your Own Categories: We have got a wide range of pre-defined categories that cover almost any information you want to store, but as you know sky’s the limit, you’re free to create your own categories to save data the way you want.
- Create Your Own Templates: Apart from bags of pre-defined templates, if you still feel missing at something, you can create your own templates in no time.
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers great autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can check the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date June 21, 2018
- Fixes an issue where some of you guys were facing the app crash on the startup or without any interactions.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then ‘Check if pwned’ in the context menu.
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
- Fixed an issue where few of you guys were facing the app crash on the app startup. – Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Jan 10, 2018
- Autocopy the TOTP to Clipboard: Signing into your online accounts that require TOTP has never been easier as Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP from the item to clipboard after autofilling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: Yes, with this update you’ll be able to autofill the basic HTTP authentication dialogs in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your system by just creating a system wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Autofill in Firefox 57 and later versions: You can now enjoy the seamless auto filling in the Firefox 57 and later versions too.For that, you just have to install an additional component- Native Messaging host for Enpass, available on our website.
- Added an option to change the default location of the Enpass data backups.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Enpass on autorun pop up the app on the screen after a system reboot.
- Fixed an issue where the freshly started app gets minimized to system tray after the login.
- There was an issue where enabling cloud sync via Edge browser shows an error page after authenticating the login credentials. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where users were facing the problem in importing data saved in non-English characters from the Roboform and LastPass password managers.
Release Date Sep 28, 2017
- Initial Release.