Enpass Release Notes for Windows
Release Date October 07, 2020
- Duplicate any item now via the option in the main list context menu.
- Sorting of the Custom icons now in Reverse chronological order.
- Just to let you know that you have successfully copied the password via a shortcut, Now you will get a notification when you copy the password to the clipboard with a shortcut.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X (Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Release Date September 10, 2020
- One of the most requested feature— “Full-time Windows Hello support” is here. Now you need not enter the master password after system/app restart.
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Release Date June 08, 2020
- We heard from a few of you that you were getting stuck on the welcome page after the last update. We were able to recreate and fix that issue, so thank you for getting in touch!
Release Date May 20, 2020
- The last release had introduced few issues with the new functionality of include in password generator, and this build takes care of them all.
- Few of you were facing issues with Enpass extension for Vivaldi. Fixed.
- An issue with import, where the secret key was displayed instead of the TOTP. Fixed.
- Last item of Tags was getting duplicated. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 26, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols—while generating random passwords—now you can control which symbols should only be included in generated passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- An issue with iCloud sync getting signed out after a day. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date March 03, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: Enpass now supports OneDrive Business. If you have OneDrive already synced, your sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up the sync with OneDrive again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: As requested by a lot of you, we are adding a shortcut for displaying the passwords for a particular item by pressing Ctrl+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Enhanced Autofill: Your favorite feature, enpass Autofill, is now better than before.
- Improved performance for the item listing.
- Windows Hello Dialog box was hiding behind Enpass assistant window. Fixed.
- Resolved issues with Categories for login items being displayed in the Spanish language.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Release Date December 23, 2019
- The issue with “Windows Hello” setting not persisted on relaunching the app.
Release Date December 12, 2019
- Few users reported iClould sync error in the last update. Fixed.
- Users were unable to use enpass on Edge beta browser. Fixed.
- While editing an item, users were unable to copy the passwords. Fixed.
- Issues while restoring purchase were not updating the correct plan for few users. Fixed.
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date November 19, 2019
ENPASS IS NOW TOTALLY FREE FOR DESKTOPS
One of the most awesome treats you get with the new update is 100% free access on all desktop apps. That’s right! Just register your Enpass using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, ABSOLUTELY FREE.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass, and we value your love for Enpass. Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
EXISTING PRO USERS
You are our heroes, and we love you, a-lot! Today, we are what we are because of your love and support. You do not have to pay, and can continue to use the Pro version at no extra cost. Not just that, your Enpass purchased from any device will work across all the platforms. Just register your purchase using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, across all platforms.
Release Date September 25, 2019
- Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs. We know you are eager to discern what exactly is happening behind the scenes. Most of the queries popping in your mind should be addressed here, if you still have some concerns feel free to reach out to support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
Release Date August 19, 2019
- Issue of Windows Hello being asked second time after entering Master Password is fixed now.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date July 11, 2019
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Enhanced the UI for light themes.
- Windows clipboard history won’t have any data copied from Enpass app.
- Icon of Enpass app not visible in light theme at Notification area.
- Fixed few issue with folder sync.
- Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
- User reported an issue with the Section name case being changed while editing.
- Issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in list.
- Issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date May 28, 2019
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: A section for the passwords which are Pwned (compromised in a hack) under the Password Audit sections. The app will securely check all your passwords against the list of breached passwords in the past (via haveibeenhacked.com), and if found, the compromised passwords will appear under this section, which we recommend should be changed immediately.
- Classic View: Many of our Windows users still loving the Classic View and demanded the same for Enpass. And here it is. For Windows 7 and 8 the app by default run in the Classic theme and for Windows 10 you need to enable it from the app Settings > Customize > Theme > Select the Classic option and restart the app.
- Password subset: The feature makes a comeback, Enpass now lets you see certain characters of a password as specified by position. For example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: Now in addition to the JSON & TXT we also support exporting your data in the CSV format.
- Enhanced Import from other password managers: We have tweaked the import functionality, which will make Migration of your data from other (not so good) password managers to Enpass a cake walk.
- Tag Suggestions: Better tag suggestions, the app will auto-suggest the existing tags (along with the parent of the tag) as soon as you start trying them.
- Password Readability: This update improves the readability of Passwords against the light/dark backgrounds with a new color combination for the Digits, Uppercase, and Symbols.
- Option to clear ‘Recent items’ from the app: Now you can clear the list of Recent items from the app’s Menu bar.
- Exporting Trashed & Archived items: Enpass now also supports exporting your Trashed or Archived items, tick the check boxes for Trashed & Archived while exporting to a desired format.
- A glitch in UI where the app window was getting cut off while creating a new item in the custom templates. Fixed.
- A bug which was impeding users from adding an attachment if the attachment had % symbol in its name. Fixed.
- A bug in the manual proxy configuration didn’t allow some users to configure the cloud sync has been resolved.
- The custom icons weren’t resized or cropped appropriately. Fixed.
- A UI bug where enabling/disabling the checkbox of ‘Autosubmit Login’ in Enpass Browser settings didn’t display the actual state. Fixed.
- If a Multiline field was marked as sensitive, then the information wasn’t concealed with bullets in the edit page. Fixed.
- While creating a new Tag, or sub-tag the focus automatically got back to the previously selected list in the Sidebar. Fixed.
- While re-ordering the fields, the scroller on the edit item page wasn’t moving with the field which was being re-ordered. Fixed.
- While printing the database, the app didn’t sort the database in the correct alphabetic order. Fixed.
- While copying or moving an item from one vault to another, the information saved in the Web form wasn’t copied/moved to the item in new vault. Fixed.
- For the Note category, clicking Ctrl+C in the Enpass Assistant didn’t copy the selected information. Fixed.
Release Date March 5, 2019
- Always run Enpass Assistant in docked mode: From now onwards, you can stick the Enpass Assistant on the screen, and it won’t disappear when you click outside it. You can enable it from Enpass General settings under the Behavior section. Also, once the Enpass Assistant is opened, you can use the Keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+ D to stick it on the screen.
- Added an option (via Right clicking) to delete custom icons from the icon chooser.
- The Enpass Assistant is now more Keyboard friendly. You can open the main app (Ctrl+E), browser settings (Ctrl+,), stick the Assistant (Shift+Ctrl+D)or even quit the app (Ctrl+Q) from the Keyboard itself.
- While searching for information, the app now selects the first item by default from the results.
- Sometimes the main list was flicking after adding, editing, archiving or deleting an item. Now all these actions are flicker-free.
- Introducing a right-click, contextual menu for Windows Touch devices.
- The scrolling gets smoother for the Windows Touch Devices.
- Double-clicking the Enpass icon in the taskbar will now open the main app windows.
- The sync messages are now localized.
- An issue of connection error between Chrome extension and Enpass App emerged as Google changed the signing certificate of Chrome browser due to which Enpass was not validating it as an authorized browser. It’s been fixed now.
- An issue where the app was crashing or showing a blank screen on the startup has been fixed.
- A bug causing the app to slow down while searching for information has been fixed.
- A bug that was causing the display problems in Chinese and Japanese languages when the system scaling set to 125,175 or 225% has been fixed.
- After restarting the app, the application window will no longer reset itself.
- Fixed an issue where some of our users reported that the icons of the app Toolbar and Categories weren’t visible.
- Fixed the synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- Fixed an issue where the item could be saved with an empty title if the title was cleared while editing the information.
- A bug causing the app to crash while importing data from Bitwarden has been squashed to ensure a smooth onboarding to Enpass.
- For those using Multiple-vaults, the customs icons were not syncing across devices. It’s now fixed.
- For those using multiple monitors, the app doesn’t resize itself while moving it to another monitor. It will also remember the monitor where the app was last opened.
Release Date February 1, 2019
- Synchronization with the Box cloud: With this update, we have reintroduced the sync with Box in Enpass v6 providing a big relief to all our users who were earlier using the Box sync in Enpass 5 or previous versions.
- Now the app can auto-lock itself when left idle for a particular time interval. You can enable this option from app settings under the ‘Security’ section.
- The last modified time of an item was not syncing across the devices. Fixed.
- The issue where the Trashed items were appearing in password Audit under the ‘Identical’ section. Fixed.
Release Date January 24, 2019
- Significantly improved synchronization for various WebDAV configurations.
- You can now remove multiple items from the Favorites.
- Improved Tags management where you would now be able to create nested tags with same name i.e like Folders in Enpass v5.
- Unlike previous ver, password generator now adds more random digits and uppercase to pronounceable passwords.
- Optimized CPU usage which was going high due to animation of sync icon.
- The item editing window now adjusts itself in accordance with the main app window.
- When a new item is created with any tag selected in sidebar, item will be tagged upon creation.
- App now shows a warning dialog before Trashing an item.
- Improved sync with Google Drive.
- Improved Spanish translation where some strings were shown in English.
- Added import for JSON file exported from Bitwarden password manager.
- Due to Proxy configuration on some of the desktops, app update was not getting download. Fixed.
- Issue where Auto-save dialog in dark theme was appearing in Grey, making it hard to read, fixed.
- App was freezing while setting up sync. Fixed.
- Issue when Enpass was crashing on opening an item from the browser extension using down arrow and Enter key. Fixed.
- Importing data from KeePass with empty titles made app to crash. Fixed.
- Issue where pressing Ctrl + F in Enpass extension was not bringing focus on Search bar if an item was selected in the list. Fixed.
Release Date January 07, 2019
- FONT MISALIGNMENT FIXED: Fixed a bug that causes font misalignment on some HiDPI displays.
Release Date January 03, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- HIGH CPU USAGE: The CPU usage was always high >0.5. It was due to the animation of syncing data. We have fixed it now.
- CRASH FIXES: Fixed a crash during import/upgrade of v5 data.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Unlocking via Windows Hello: Quickly access your database by unlocking the app via Windows Hello. The app requires the Master Password after every fresh start.
- Create Your Own Categories: We have got a wide range of pre-defined categories that cover almost any information you want to store, but as you know sky’s the limit, you’re free to create your own categories to save data the way you want.
- Create Your Own Templates: Apart from bags of pre-defined templates, if you still feel missing at something, you can create your own templates in no time.
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers great autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can check the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date June 21, 2018
- Fixes an issue where some of you guys were facing the app crash on the startup or without any interactions.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then ‘Check if pwned’ in the context menu.
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
- Fixed an issue where few of you guys were facing the app crash on the app startup. – Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Jan 10, 2018
- Autocopy the TOTP to Clipboard: Signing into your online accounts that require TOTP has never been easier as Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP from the item to clipboard after autofilling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: Yes, with this update you’ll be able to autofill the basic HTTP authentication dialogs in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your system by just creating a system wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Autofill in Firefox 57 and later versions: You can now enjoy the seamless auto filling in the Firefox 57 and later versions too.For that, you just have to install an additional component- Native Messaging host for Enpass, available on our website.
- Added an option to change the default location of the Enpass data backups.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Enpass on autorun pop up the app on the screen after a system reboot.
- Fixed an issue where the freshly started app gets minimized to system tray after the login.
- There was an issue where enabling cloud sync via Edge browser shows an error page after authenticating the login credentials. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where users were facing the problem in importing data saved in non-English characters from the Roboform and LastPass password managers.
Release Date Sep 28, 2017
- Initial Release.