Enpass Release Notes for Windows
Release Date January 07, 2019
- FONT MISALIGNMENT FIXED: Fixed a bug that causes font misalignment on some HiDPI displays.
Release Date January 03, 2019
- SYNC WITH ONEDRIVE: V6 now syncs to the dedicated Apps folder and there was problem for some of the Microsoft accounts to initialize the Enpass app folder. Now Fixed.
- WEBDAV SYNC: Syncing to WebDAV was not working for some configurations and we have fixed it now. If you still face any problem just drop us an email with a demo account on your server.
- HIGH CPU USAGE: The CPU usage was always high >0.5. It was due to the animation of syncing data. We have fixed it now.
- CRASH FIXES: Fixed a crash during import/upgrade of v5 data.
Release Date December 28, 2018
- Multiple Vaults: We are very excited to have support of more than one vault in Enpass to collaborate with our family and team members, keeping our personal data separate in Primary vault. It was, one of the most demanded features from you guys. You can share a vault with others by syncing through a common cloud account where each vault need a distinct cloud account to sync. Just go ahead, and give it a try!
- Unlocking via Windows Hello: Quickly access your database by unlocking the app via Windows Hello. The app requires the Master Password after every fresh start.
- Create Your Own Categories: We have got a wide range of pre-defined categories that cover almost any information you want to store, but as you know sky’s the limit, you’re free to create your own categories to save data the way you want.
- Create Your Own Templates: Apart from bags of pre-defined templates, if you still feel missing at something, you can create your own templates in no time.
- Secure Sharing: Every single item that you want to share with others can now be encrypted with a passphrase (call it Pre-Shared Key). You can create PSKs from the Advanced Settings of Enpass after which an additional option to Encrypt with PSK will appear while sharing the item. You need to share the PSK in prior with the intended recipient to enable them to import in their Enpass. Please use a different medium to share the PSK than you’ll use to share the item. -“Keys are always kept hidden from the locks” ;-).
- Enpass Assistant: The minified Enpass is now called Enpass Assistant (Formerly Helper). It offers great autofilling experience with browser extensions, and you can invoke it from a Keyboard shortcut or System Menu bar.
- Keyfile Support: You want to have super-duper strong master password, huh! Yeah, but memory has a limit to memorize it. No worries, you can use Enpass 6 to let you use Enpass-Keyfile in addition to your master password as a second factor required to unlock the Enpass on every platform.
- Custom Icons: Let’s you set any image as an icon for an item.
- Trash & Archive: You know what to do with Trash. Archive those unwanted items which should be skipped while Searching.
- Identities: Create identities with personal information for auto-filling long, tedious sign-up forms with a single click.
- Multi-Line Field: It’s a new field type where you can save data in multiple-lines.
- History of Every Field– Like password fields, you can now see history of changes in every kind of fields in an item except Notes.
- Dark theme: Added support for dark mode on macOS Mojave.
- A separate section under ‘Groups’ tab to have a quick look on all TOTPs & Attachments.
- Added localization support for Afrikaans, Malay, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Romanian, Slovak and Swedish.
- Improved Security: The real stuff!! Enpass 6 comes with far better protection for your data. Check out more about Security on our website.
- Browser Extensions: The improved browser extensions now offer better auto-filling, auto-capturing, and security. Enpass extension can now autofill in pages with more than two fields. Also, while setting up the first connection with a browser, you would need to pair that first.
- Tags: Folders in previous Enpass were more or like Tags and so we have renamed them to Tags. And yes, they are nested too.
- Checking Pwned Passwords for Complete Database: Say goodbye to the hassle of checking every single password for pwnage, now you can check the passwords in your entire database with a single click.
- Improved Password generator and more brutal strength estimator. Again, Security Matters the most!
- Password Expiry: From now onwards you can set an expiry date to any password field and check for them from ‘Audit’ tab, when they are going to expire.
- Eight digits TOTP support.
- Unlike older version, Password generator has no limitation of five passwords in history.
Release Date June 21, 2018
- Fixes an issue where some of you guys were facing the app crash on the startup or without any interactions.
Release Date May 21, 2018
- Pwned Passwords- Enpass now lets you check your passwords against the list of breached passwords managed by haveibeenpwnd.com. You can do so by right-clicking on the password field and then ‘Check if pwned’ in the context menu.
- Enpass will no longer collect any analytics on Google analytics, and we have removed the option “Send Analytics” from Advanced settings of Enpass.
- Fixed an issue where few of you guys were facing the app crash on the app startup. – Minor bugs fixed.
Release Date Jan10, 2018
- Autocopy the TOTP to Clipboard: Signing into your online accounts that require TOTP has never been easier as Enpass will now auto-copy the TOTP from the item to clipboard after autofilling your login details. You just have to paste it into the required field and go!
- Autofill in basic auth dialogs: Yes, with this update you’ll be able to autofill the basic HTTP authentication dialogs in Chrome and Opera browsers.
- The new systemwide shortcut to access Enpass: You can now access your Enpass data from anywhere in your system by just creating a system wide shortcut, the hotkey, from the Enpass settings.
- Autofill in Firefox 57 and later versions: You can now enjoy the seamless auto filling in the Firefox 57 and later versions too.For that, you just have to install an additional component- Native Messaging host for Enpass, available on our website.
- Added an option to change the default location of the Enpass data backups.
- Fixed an issue where enabling Enpass on autorun pop up the app on the screen after a system reboot.
- Fixed an issue where the freshly started app gets minimized to system tray after the login.
- There was an issue where enabling cloud sync via Edge browser shows an error page after authenticating the login credentials. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where users were facing the problem in importing data saved in non-English characters from the Roboform and LastPass password managers.
Release Date Sep 28, 2017
1. Initial Release.