Beta Release Notes for Traditional Windows
Version 6.7.2 (885)
Release Date Sep 06, 2021
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant was not autofilling on the first attempt after unlock.
- The former Enpass version was able to import 1Password data only from the 1PIF folder. We have added a new option as “.1PIF file” alongside “.1PIF folder”. Fixed the issue where some users were not able to select the .1PIF file while importing 1Password data.
- Fixed an issue where the trashed items were also included in the Identical items list under Audit.
- Fixed an issue while setting up Wi-Fi sync if the path of Enpass data contained any Unicode characters.
- Hint for the Search field in Enpass Assistant was being overlapped in the Chinese Language. Fixed
Version 6.7.0 (865)
Release Date Aug 06, 2021
Thank you for the positive response to the Wi-Fi Sync! We have handled few bugs reported by you in this update. Detailed changelog as follow:
- After the recent Chrome browser update, the “Unknown Browser” message appeared on launching the browser extension. Fixed.
- Updated translations for WiFi-Sync specific strings.
- Updated few error messages shown while fetching vaults to be more descriptive.
- Other minor UI fixes.
We love hearing from you, and we’d love for your input on our support channels :
Version 6.7.0 (847)
Release Date July 15, 2021
Hello everyone in our beta testing community! We are overjoyed to have you folks with us.
The word of the day for this beta release is Wi-Fi Sync. Yes, you got it right. Enpass can now work as a complete offline password manager letting you sync data between your devices over the Wi-Fi or local network, i.e. without using any cloud service.
What are you waiting for? Buckle up to get your hands dirty on this exciting new beta. Please report all the bugs with your frustration and love here
Community Forums [Beta section]: https://discussion.enpass.io/index.php?/forum/25-enpass-beta/
- Introducing Wi-Fi Sync as a new way to sync data, without using any cloud service. You can now sync between devices connected over your Wi-Fi or local network. Read more about it here
- All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
- Fixed an issue where the item being edited was not prompted to save the changes if user clicked on any other item in list.
- On launching the URL from Assistant’s detail page, Enpass was opening it in default browser instead of in the context of that particular browser.
- Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests. Fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
- Enpass was hanging on changing the backup location. Fixed.
- Deleted Webform fields were left as zombie until the item itself was not deleted. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the detail page was becoming empty on shrinking the Enpass Window to collapse Sidebar.
Version 6.6.2 (825)
Release Date April 22, 2021
- We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advance settings to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
- Added an option on welcome screen to Activate Enpass allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
- Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
- Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
- Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.
Version 6.6.1 (805)
Release Date March 23, 2021
- Performance improvements in search.
- Other minor bugs and crashes.
Version 6.6.1 (789)
Release Date March 11, 2021
- Resolved the issue with Windows Hello, introduced in the last release.
- Few of you reported issues with the Edit page, Login templates in Italian & Spanish languages. Fixed.
- Fixes for other minor bugs and crashes.
Version 6.6.0 (773)
Release Date February 05, 2021
- Quick! This patch release takes care of the sync issue with One Drive and Dropbox faced by a few of you.
Version 6.6.0 (761)
Release Date January 24, 2021
Good day everyone! Here comes the new, shiny update of Enpass. With this release, your security has gone a few notches higher with an improved Audit Section.
- Breach Monitoring | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Enpass has got new brains to notify you about website breaches so that you always stay on top of your security. Change passwords of vulnerable accounts as soon as you get alerts. All the checking happens locally on your device without sending any URLs to us.
- 2FA Supported Logins | CURRENTLY VISIBLE TO PREMIUM USERS ONLY: Identify your accounts that support 2FA but don’t have one-time codes saved in Enpass. You can go through the list and choose not to save one-time codes in Enpass if you’re using any other method like call, email, or text for second-factor authentication.
- Enpass Assistant has got better with a lot of new features suggested by you all. You can now add new logins, edit them directly from the browser extension without jumping on to the main app. Also, the detail page of any item in the assistant will show the associated tags as well.
- New Audit section design as a single-entry dashboard to review any possible vulnerabilities regarding your accounts and passwords.
- Now you see a prominent warning header on the item’s details page if that particular website is breached in the past, supports 2FA, or the password of that item is weak, compromised, identical, or has expired.
- Nextcloud users, now you have a direct option to set up your sync. If you’ve enabled 2FA in your Nextcloud account, you don’t have to create an App password if you do it using this option.
- Faster restore from cloud now, with improvements in the attachment download process.
- Various UI improvements. The settings screen will show tabs at the bottom for faster switching.
- All your items under ‘Expiring tomorrow’ and ‘Expiring in a week’ will now be listed under ‘Expiring Soon.’
- Show/Hide menu option in settings for the classic theme.
- Item counts in the sidebar were getting disappeared on trying to search for an item. Fixed.
- Fixed a few issues with Windows Hello.
- Fixed an issue in auto-filling items having URLs in Chinese language.
- On launching from the System tray, the maximized window of Enpass was not minimizing.
- Fixed an issue where Custom section names were not displayed from items created via custom template having custom sections.
- The app became unresponsive if it had ‘-‘ in the vault name. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with items created from the credit card template.
- Few of you reported text getting truncated on the item detail page with a particular Scaling and resolution setting.
- Fixed an issue where webform data was not getting copied on duplicating an item.
Version 6.5.2 (727)
Release Date October 13, 2020
- Quick! This build fixes an issue with smaller font size after the last update.
Version 6.5.1 (719)
Release Date September 30, 2020
- Duplicate any item now via the option in the main list context menu.
- Sorting of the Custom icons now in Reverse chronological order.
- Just to let you know that you have successfully copied the password via a shortcut, Now you will get a notification when you copy the password to the clipboard with a shortcut.
- Subtags under the tag were getting collapsed after locking and unlocking of the app. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with Enpass Assistant, where X (Close) button was not visible when Enpass is locked in docked mode.
- Few users reported they were unable to edit an item on Double-clicking. Fixed.
- An issue with the alignment of a few buttons in the German language. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant launches even when the ‘Ask to save new logins’ option is disabled.
- Other minor crashes and bug fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (701)
Release Date September 03, 2020
- Issues with Sync on few WebDAV accounts. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Version 6.5.0 (695)
Release Date August 20, 2020
- Added an option to delete the unnecessary fields from the saved webforms. Navigate to the ‘Show Webform’ on detail page of item.
- Fixed an issue where some of OneDrive users were getting a password-mismatch error as “Password of data on OneDrive is required”. Now fixed. Affected users first need to delete data from OneDrive (Option to delete data is presented while disconnecting sync from cloud).
- Few of our users reported getting an error code 1208400, while syncing with OneDrive. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the order of fields getting shuffled for a custom template on syncing with other devices.
- An issue with custom icons being displayed as black. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the deleted items were visible under associated tags.
- Squashed a bug with CSV importer.
- Instead of the word TOTP, Enpass now uses the terminology One-time passwords.
- Issue with URL marked as private was not masked. Fixed.
- Some of keyboard shortcuts were not working consistently in Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- The cloud icon was not being displayed on the vault list. Fixed.
- Other minor crashes and fixes.
Version 6.4.2 (667)
Release Date May 15, 2020
- The last release had introduced few issues with the new functionality of include in password generator, and this build takes care of them all.
- Fixed an issue with restore via dropbox.
- Few of you were facing issues with Enpass extension for Vivaldi. Fixed.
- An issue with import, where the secret key was displayed instead of the TOTP. Fixed.
- Last item of Tags was getting duplicated. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.4.1 (641)
Release Date March 25, 2020
- Advanced password generator has gone a step further. Along with the option to exclude symbols—while generating random passwords—now you can control which symbols should only be included in generated passwords.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not able to sync with OneDrive after the last update.
- An issue with clipboard data not getting cleared. Fixed.
- An issue with iCloud sync getting signed out after a day. Fixed.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.4.0 (627)
Release Date February 19, 2020
- Support for OneDrive Business: This much-requested feature is finally here! You can add your Office 365 Business accounts to configure sync with Enpass. Also, please, note that your current OneDrive sync will be disabled, and you would need to set up it again.
- Keyboard Shortcut to reveal Password: Instead of clicking the button to reveal a password, you can view it directly by pressing a shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H while viewing the item detail window.
- Windows Hello Dialog box was hiding behind Enpass Assistant window. Fixed.
- Enhanced Autofill: Your favourite feature, Enpass Autofill is now better than before.
- The selected item was not getting deleted on pressing the delete button. Fixed.
- Issue with TOTP fields while importing from other password managers. Fixed.
- Tag updation was not triggering the auto-sync. Fixed.
- Improved performance for the item listing making it faster to load the items.
- In the Spanish language, the login items were not correctly listed under Login category.
- Other minor bug fixes & crashes.
Version 6.3.3 (599)
Release Date January 02, 2020
- The issue with “Windows Hello” setting not persisted on relaunching the app.
Version 6.3.2 (595)
Release Date December 12, 2019
- Few users reported iClould sync error in the last update. Fixed.
- Users were unable to use enpass on Edge beta browser. Fixed.
- While editing an item, users were unable to copy the passwords. Fixed.
- Issues while restoring purchase were not updating the correct plan for few users. Fixed.
- Resolved a few crashes reported in the last update.
- Other minor fixes.
Version 6.3.1 (585)
Release Date November 27, 2019
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to use TOTP and getting “Invalid TOTP” as message.
- Squashed couple of crashes which caused the app to misbehave in certain scenarios.
Version 6.3.0 (581)
Release Date November 19, 2019
ENPASS IS NOW TOTALLY FREE FOR DESKTOPS
One of the most awesome treats you get with the new update is 100% free access on all desktop apps. That’s right! Just register your Enpass using an email ID and enjoy the app in its full capacity, ABSOLUTELY FREE.
ENPASS IS STILL OFFLINE
Everyone loves confidentiality and privacy, especially when your digital assets are concerned. That is why you love Enpass, and we value your love for Enpass.
Adhering to the same principle of being completely offline, we haven’t made any architectural changes in Enpass. Your data will stay with you like it always had and remains outside our jurisdiction. So with the same peace of mind, create your Enpass account and register your purchases with us.
Version 6.2.0 (533)
Release Date September 06, 2019
- Long-awaited support for Favicons is now available in Enpass as Website Icons. Yippe! Jump on to Enpass Settings -> Customize -> Website Icons and see the list swapping default icons to the respective URLs. We know you are eager to discern what exactly is happening behind the scenes. Most of the queries popping in your mind should be addressed here, if you still have some concerns feel free to reach out to support at email@example.com.
- We have increased the word-count for pronounceable passwords to 15.
- The main list now supports Incremental search while typing. Without using the search box, you can now jump to the item by typing the first few characters of the title.
- Every password field in Enpass is now a Secure field i.e it will erase password from memory once done with it.
- Fixed the issue with the app getting unresponsive on trying to quit.
- Resolved an issue with folder sync where it stopped syncing on next start with error “Destination folder on sync is unreachable”.
- Fixed an issue where the focus was shifted to the first item in searched results after saving changes in any item.
- Fixed an issue where old passwords of an item can be found in memory dump after opening its history.
- While taking a backup of a vault, the descriptive filename of the backup file is now pre-filled on save dialog.
Version 6.1.1 (453)
Release Date July 11, 2019
- Now use PageUp/PageDown and Home/End buttons to scroll through items in the item listing.
- Enhanced the UI for light themes.
- Windows clipboard history won’t have any data copied from Enpass app.
- Fixed few issue with folder sync.
- Few users reported issues while importing data from other password managers. Fixed.
- User reported an issue with the Section name case being changed while editing. Fixed.
- Issue with items with very long title name overlapping other items in list.
- Issue with the item notes not being copied from the Enpass assistant. Fixed.
- Other minor fixes.
Release Date May 16, 2019
- Pwned Password section in Password Audit: Enpass can check and tell you if your passwords have been pwned or breached in the past breaches. If found, the compromised passwords will appear under ‘Pwned’ section in the Password Audit, which you need to change immediately.
- Classic View: Many of our Windows users still loving the Classic View and demanded the same for Enpass. And here it is. For Windows 7 and 8 the app by default run in the Classic theme and for Windows 10 you need to enable it from the app Settings > Customize > Theme > Select the Classic option and restart the app.
- Import from other password managers: We have revamped the import functionality so that the users will not miss any information while migrating to Enpass.
- The subset of password: It lets you see certain characters in password specified by position, for example, “1st, 3rd, next-to-last, last” by just mentioning their place in a specified format.
- Exporting database in CSV Format: This version brings back the option to export the database into CSV format.
- Tag Suggestions: Assigning Tags to an item get more comfortable as the app will auto-suggest the existing tags as soon as you start trying them.
- Password Generator: This update improves the readability of Passwords against the light/dark backgrounds with a new color combination for the Digits, Uppercase, and Symbols.
- Responsive Layout: The app will automatically adapt itself to the user’s device regardless of the screen size.
- Option to remove ‘Recent items’ from the app: Now can clear the list of Recent items from the app’s Menu bar.
- Added an option to include the Trashed or Archived items while exporting the data.
- Clearing Clipboard information: If a piece of information was copied to clipboard outside the Enpass, then the app automatically cleared the saved information. Now fixed.
- A glitch in UI where the app window got cut off while creating a new item in the custom templates has been fixed.
- If the Enpass app window was set to auto-run on system start and used in a full-screen window, then the app didn’t automatically minimize to system tray after the system start. Fixed.
- A bug that would prevent you from adding an attachment if it contains % symbol in its name. Fixed.
- A bug in the manual proxy configuration didn’t allow some users to configure the cloud sync has been resolved.
- For those using multi-monitors, setting the scaling factor to 175% on HiDPI (4k) screens made the title of multiline field overlayed with the text. Fixed.
- The custom icons weren’t resized or cropped appropriately. Fixed.
- A UI bug where enabling/disabling the checkbox of ‘Autosubmit Login’ didn’t display the actual state. Fixed.
- The security and sync settings got reset when the default data location of Enpass was changed to the local drive. Fixed.
- If a Multiline field was marked as Sensitive, then the information isn’t concealed with bullets in the edit page. Fixed.
- While creating a New Tag, or Sub-tag the focus automatically got back to the previously selected list in the Sidebar. Fixed.
- While re-arranging the fields, the scroller in edit page wasn’t progressing following the fields. Fixed.
- While printing the database, the app didn’t sort the database in the correct alphabetic order. Fixed.
- While copying or moving an item from One Vault to another, the information saved in the Web form wasn’t copied to the item in the new vault. Fixed.
- If Tablet Mode is enabled and the app was set to auto-run on system start, then the app didn’t open with the size of the suitable window. Fixed.
- For the Note category, if the Enpass Assistant was locked in the Docked mode, and clicking Ctrl + C didn’t copy the information saved in Note item. Fixed.
- While exporting the data into Plain Text, the information wasn’t sorted correctly. Fixed.