The import process from KeePass 1.x to Enpass fails with ‘Error message: Nothing to import’?
Enpass supports importing data from KeePass version 2.x only. This results in export functionality error ‘Error message: Nothing to import‘ when importing an XML or CVS file generated from KeePass 1.x. Therefore, the user needs to upgrade their KeePass database to a newer version and import it into Enpass.
Please Follow these steps:
- Open KeePass version 1.x.
- Go to File → Export → select option KeePass Database.
- Select the location and Save the file.
- Download and install KeePass version 2.x.
- Setup master password.
- Go to file → Import → Select “ KeePass .kdb (1.x).
- Select the file (*same file in which you have exported data in step-1).
- Enter the database password.
- On the next screen, it will ask for import behaviour.
- Select “keep existing” options.
- All users’ exported data from (1.x) will be imported in KeePass 2.x. → which will display in the General folder.
- Now export the KeePass 2.x database in .xml unencrypted file format
- Open Enpass desktop version, hit the menu button and go to File → Import → Click on KeePass.
- Select the XML format of the file, browse and select the file from the system, and click Continue.
- Users will now see the confirmation message to import the data→click Continue.
Note: On start of data import, it may take some time depending upon the number of items being imported. Please do remember to delete the old KeePass Database File from your Desktop.