How can I share a vault with others?
Once you have set up multiple vaults in Enpass, you can easily share them with your family, friends or colleagues using cloud synchronisation. However, there are a few points that you must keep in mind before sharing a vault:
- You need to share the password of the vault which you’re sharing with other users.
- You’ll have to share the login details of the cloud account with each user you want to share the vault with.
Note: We recommend creating a separate cloud account for sharing vaults to protect personal cloud account’s privacy.
- Every person having access to the vault has full permissions to read, write (delete) any item from the vault, or even change the vault password as you can’t set any sharing attributes or access permissions.
Steps to share a vault using the cloud sync:
I. Sync vault data over a cloud account
- First, you’ll need to sync the vault with any of the supported cloud services in Enpass.
- Share the cloud login credentials and vault password with the user(s) you intend to share the vault with.
II. Restoring vault on other devices with cloud sync
- The other users can restore the vault data from the Welcome page, or they can create a new vault in Enpass from Settings and restore the data via sync using the same cloud account as in Step I.
- Any changes in the vault will remain in sync as long as none of the users disconnects the sync on their devices.