Setting up Enpass Portable¶
Setting up Enpass Portable is more easy than it sounds and doesn’t need any special instructions.
For Mac & Windows¶
- Download and extract the EnpassPortable, and copy the extracted folder to FAT32 formatted USB drive.
- All done. You can run the platform specific executable file now.
You can also create a cross-platform USB drive for all the desktop platforms. Read here.
- Download and extract the EnpassPortable.tar.gz (currently available for 64-bit OS only), and copy the extracted folder to EXT4 formatted USB drive.
- All done. Open the folder and run the executable file.
We recommend you to manually take backup of your latest data on your desktop or enable sync to your cloud. Because in case of loss or theft of your USB drive, there would be no other way to recover the data.
For Cross-platform Usage¶
The best thing about Enpass portable is that you can use the Enpass on single USB for all the supported platforms. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps to set your sails-
- Create a shared partition in EXT4 and FAT32 format in the same USB drive. Each partition must be of minimum 200 mb in size.
- Copy the Windows and Mac supported Enpass portable file in the FAT32 formatted partition, and Linux file in the EXT4 formatted partition.
- You’re all done here. Simply run the platform specific executable file in the USB drive.