This section is for you if you are using 1Password and want to switch to Enpass. If it is so, we thank you for liking Enpass.
Step 1: Export data from 1password¶
Before importing your data from 1Password to Enpass, first you need to export your 1Password data in the .1pif unencrypted file format. Usually you need the desktop version for respective software to export your data in unencrypted format.
Follow these steps to export your data-
- Open 1Password App.
- Click on File → Export → All items.
- Select 1pif file format.
- Choose a name for the .1pif file and save it to your desktop.
The data exported to unencrypted file is highly insecure and vulnerable. We recommend that you delete the corresponding .1pif file as soon as the importing process is finished.
Step 2: Import data into Enpass desktop¶
Only the desktop version of Enpass can import data from 1Password. The process is automatic and very easy.
- Start the Import wizard from File-Import.
- The first step of Import wizard is to select the 1Password from the list and click Continue.
- Locate the .1pif file containing the exported data. Click Continue.
- The next screen will show all the items detected in the selected file and ready to be imported in Enpass. Have a quick look to check if they are recognized properly. Click Import.
- Importing process will start and will take some time depending upon the number of items being imported.
- The next screen will show Success message with number of items successfully imported in Enpass. Click Done.
Now you must delete the corresponding .1pif file as it is unprotected and highly insecure to keep.
- The main screen of Enpass will be displayed with all the recently imported items placed under Import category.
- You are now free to edit them or to change their category by simply dragging and dropping to that particular category.