Backup and Restore¶
Anytime you can take backups of your Enpass data in a local file system and restore your existing backup files onto your app.
- Tap Backup from the Backup and Restore settings options.
- Browse to location and rename the Backup file, if you want to. And tap Save. you will see a confirmation message after successful backup operation.
- Tap Restore from the Backup and Restore settings options.
- Browse to location and select the file you want to restore. Tap Open.
- If the Enpass data file you’re trying to restore is of version 4.5.0 or above, you would be asked to enter the master password of that file. Otherwise the file will be successfully restored on your device after a confirmation message.
- After correct entry of master password, you’ll see a warning message saying your previous data will be overwritten after restore. Tap Yes to continue.
- Enter your password to unlock the restored file.
The restored file would replace the pre-existing one in your device.
We suggest that you take regular backups so that data consistency is maintained among all your cross-platform devices. This way unfavorable situations such as, device theft, can be tackled. Also, if you have enabled sync, all your changes would be auto-updated to the cloud.