Enpass auto-fills your login details on websites while you surf the net. That means, no more copy/paste of sensitive information. By the end of this section, you’d know how to use Enpass to browse through internet in a seamless and secure manner.
The following real-life examples should be relatable to your online experiences:
- While browsing, you landed on an interesting Twitter profile and now you have to sign-in to follow it.
- You filled a cart while shopping online and you need to sign-in to checkout.
- You need to change your password while on the go.
This list could go on and on! In all the above cases, you’d just have to click on the sign in button and Enpass would pick your login credentials from Enpass database and auto-fill them for you. For this purpose, you can use either of Safari extension or Password AutoFill. Know more about these two here:
In the iOS 12, Apple introduced a new Password AutoFill API that allows the password managers to autofill logins in the Safari and the third-party browsers.
We have successfully incorporated this feature in the Enpass version 5.6.0 and later versions. You will see how smooth and easy have become entering logins details to your desired apps.
How to Set Up?¶
Once you’ve installed the Enpass, you need to head straight to Settings> Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords and turn on the AutoFill Passwords. Also, make sure you select the Enpass from the provided options to allow autofilling in the third-party apps.
Autofill in Safari and Third-party Apps¶
Enpass already supported autofilling logins in Safari browser in the previous versions, but with the new implementation in iOS 12, the process has become more streamlined, and you can now autofill in the other apps as well. In the Safari browser and the apps that support AutoFill API in iOS 12, you can follow these steps to autofill your logins.
- On the login page, tap on the username/password field, and QuickType keyboard will automatically ask to fill your info. → Tap on the key symbol, choose Enpass, authenticate using Touch/Face ID, or Master Password to log in → Choose the item you want to use for autofill and done (Here you can also create a new item for that particular URL by selecting Create new item) → Tap on the login if needed, and you’re in.
Safari Browser Extension¶
Enpass integrates directly into Safari as an extension and does autofilling for you. First, you will have to enable its browser extension.
Enable Safari Extension¶
- Tap the Share button in your Safari Browser → Swipe left the bottom row and tap more → Enable Enpass → Tap Done.
Autofill with Safari Browser¶
- Once you have reached the login page in the browser, tap Share → Select Enpass from the list. Now, you’ll have to unlock Enpass database → Select the credentials you want from a list of all matching credentials that Enpass shows