When you add an item, Enpass assigns it a standard (default) icon based on the url contained in the item. Enpass lets you customize the default icons in two ways:
Using website icons¶
Generally, website icons are small, iconic images (favicons) associated with a particular website which appear in the address bar of the browser.
Enpass can download the website icons of the saved items and replace them with default icons. They make your items more recognizable, saving time while glancing through the long list for a particular item.
Enpass does not sync website icons across devices; you need to enable them individually on each device.
To enable website icons, follow these steps:
Enabling website icons for a particular site:¶
- Open the item and tap Edit.
- Tap the icon of the item → Use Website Icon. The icon reverts to the favicon of the website.
- Tap Save.
Custom icons are not replaced when you enable website icons.
Using your own images as custom icons¶
You can also select and use your own icons for each item. These are the steps:
- Open the item from the main window.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the icon of the item.
- Select Choose. Enpass displays a collection of icons from which you can select your icon for the item.
To use images from your device as an icon, follow these steps:
- Tap + at the top right corner of the screen.
- Locate the image in your phone; resize it if necessary.
- Tap Save.