Enpass for Apple Watch¶
Enpass for Apple Watch lets you access your frequently required items directly from your wrist.
Enabling Enpass for Apple Watch¶
For setting Enpass for Apple Watch all you need is Enpass App installed on your device (with iOS 8 or above) and an Apple Watch. Also ensure that your device is protected by passcode as you cannot use Enpass for Apple Watch without having that enabled.
- Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone → Open Enpass on your iPhone. Go to Enpass Settings and select Apple Watch → Enable Apple Watch →
- Enable PIN code (optional) and use it to unlock Enpass on Apple Watch.
For security reasons, we strongly recommend you to create a PIN to unlock Enpass App on Apple Watch.
- Enable Show TOTP Only and Apple Watch will show the TOTP of the item, hiding all other fields.
Installing Enpass on Apple Watch¶
Follow the steps below to install/show Enpass on Apple Watch.
- Open Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to My Watch → Scroll down till you see the Enpass app → Tap on Enpass and Enable Show App on Apple Watch
Look at your Apple Watch and you will see Enpass being installed.
- To add an item to Android Watch, go to the details screen of item → Tap
Add to Watch.
- You can access all the items added to watch from Settings →
Apple Watch works through the iPhone to which it is paired. It communicates securely only with that device over Bluetooth using Apple Watchkit.
Only those items are accessible on Watch which you added to
Apple Watch for sharing. These shared items are not as secured as rest of the items as your master password is no more protecting them. They are stored in the watch itself, which is protected by your watch os. However, these items do not leave the watch in any case; neither during the backup of iTunes nor of iCloud Keychain.
For extra security, you should enable the PIN code for Watch. Otherwise, if anyone gets access to your watch, will be able to see the items stored on it. So one should use Apple watch with great attention and care.
For better security of your data while using Apple Watch, it is advised to
- Use an excellent Device Passcode.
- Use a good Enpass Watch PIN Code.
- Be careful what you store for the watch — only the frequently used short items like locker code etc.