This section is for you if you are using Roboform and want to switch to Enpass.
Step 1: Export data from Roboform¶
Before importing your data from Roboform to Enpass, first you need to export your Roboform data in the .html unencrypted file format. Usually you need the desktop version for respective software to export your data in unencrypted format.
Follow these steps to export the data-
- Open Roboform App.
- Go to Files.
- Print list-> Logins/Safenotes/Identities in HTML format.
Step 2: Import data into Enpass desktop¶
Only the desktop version of Enpass can import data from Roboform. The process is automatic and very easy.
- Open Enpass desktop version, hit the menu button and go to File → Import → Click on Roboform.
- Select the HTML format of the file, browse and select the file from the system, and click Continue.
- You will now see the confirmation message to import the items, click Continue.
- Importing process will start and will take some time depending upon the number of items being imported.
- The items will be added in Enpass under the predefined categories of each item. The items with an unknown category or no category will be added under the Uncategorized section in the sidebar. You can later drag and drop the items to change their category.
Now you must delete the corresponding .html file as it is unprotected and highly insecure to keep.