You can start using Enpass either as a new user or as an existing user.
If you have purchased Enpass on a platform, we recommend you register your purchase. The purpose of registration is to link your purchase with a valid email address so that you don’t have to buy it separately on all platforms. This section will show you how to activate/restore your Enpass license across multiple platforms via following steps:
- Click on Active Enpass.
- Enter your registered email address.
- Verify it via OTP
- Once verified, the app will restore the license linked with the registered email address.
As a new user¶
If you’re a new user, you first need to set up a master password before adding items. Enpass encrypts all your data with the master password. Read more about master passwords.
To create a master password, follow these steps:
- On the Welcome screen of Enpass, click I AM A NEW USER, and set a strong master password.
- Create your master password and click Continue.
- Confirm your master password on the next screen, and make sure to save it.
This is the only password you need to remember. Because you need it to open/unlock Enpass, keep the master password safe and secure.
You are now a trial user of Enpass and can add up to ten items. See Adding items.
By registering, you can remove this limit.
As an existing user¶
If you are an existing user of Enpass, you would be having your data somewhere, either on any cloud where you have synced before or a local backup of data. You can directly restore that data from a Backup File or from a cloud.
- Open Enpass. On the Welcome screen, click Restore from Cloud or Backup File as applicable.
You will require the master password for this.