When you add an item, Enpass assigns it a standard (default) icon based on the url contained in the item. Enpass lets you customize the default icons in two ways:
Using website icons¶
Generally, website icons are small, iconic images (favicons) associated with a particular website which appear in the address bar of the browser.
Enpass can download the website icons of the saved items and replace them with the default icons. They make your items more recognizable, saving time while glancing through the long list for a particular item.
Enpass does not sync website icons across devices; you need to enable them individually on each device.
To enable website icons, follow these steps:¶
In the main window, click Settings → Customize → select the Use Website Icons check box → Continue.
Enabling website icons for a particular site:¶
Open the item from the main window and click the Edit button.
Click the icon of the item and it will display these options:
- Choose icon
- Use Website Icon (See figure below)
- Select Use Website Icon. The icon reverts to the favicon of the website.
- Click Save.
Custom icons are not replaced when you enable website icons.
Using your own images as custom icons¶
You can also select and use your own icons for each item. These are the steps:
- From the main window, open the item for which you want to change the icon.
- Click the Edit button and then click the icon of the item.
- Click Choose Icon. Enpass displays a collection of icons from which you can select your icon for the item.
To use the image from your computer as an icon, follow these steps:
- Click + at the top right corner.
- Locate the image file on your computer and click Save. Enpass scales down your image to button size that you can use as your icon.