While browsing, Enpass Browser Extension does lot of operations like Autofilling logins and credit cards, saving webforms, updating and saving new logins etc; thus giving a smooth browsing experience in an easy way.
One of the best assistance that Enpass provides you is the freedom to Auto-fill your information with just a single click. No speculation, no typing, no copy/paste required- Enpass does it all for you.
Logins forms are detected by extension on the fly and then the desired information is fetched securely from Enpass database. Autofilling can be done either by launching Enpass Assistant by clicking the Enpass icon in browser or using the defined shortcut key. See how to use this enormous feature in effortless way:
- Click the Enpass icon to launch Enpass Assistant from your browser when you reach a login page.
- Enpass Assistant will show you the list of all matching login items (already saved) for that domain. Select the one you want to sign in with.
- Login details will be filled-in automatically.
Autofilling Credit Cards¶
Similar to logins, Enpass also detects the credit cards forms on pages those ask for credit-card information.
- Click the Enpass icon on browser to launch Enpass Assistant and it will show the list of saved credit cards.
- Select the card you want to fill with and Enpass will automatically fill the details.
- IMPORTANT : Credit card information will be filled only if the credit card form is visible to user i.e. scroll the form into visible area.
Keyboard Shortcuts are not supported for credit-card autofilling.
Saving New Logins¶
When you login to any web-page with a new information (not saved in Enpass database), Enpass automatically detects that attempt and prompts to save the information as a new item, and all this without switching to Enpass App.
- Select Save and a new login item with username, password and URL will be saved in Enpass database.
Clicking on Never ask for this site will tell Enpass to not save and prompt you in future for that particular domain. You can add multiple such domains in settings at once.
Just click on the Search Bar, choose your search preference by clicking the Search Icon, and start typing the text you are looking for. Enpass will search in the currently selected vault and will refine the results as you type.
- Select the item you want to sign in with.
- Enpass will open the page in a new tab with the details auto-filled.
Updating Existing Logins¶
When you login to an existing webpage (saved in Enpass database) with a new password, Enpass detects the changes and prompts to update the information. See how:
- Go to the login page and fill the login details.
- Click login and a pop-up will appear asking to Save as a new login.
- Select Update Existing from the drop-down list.
- Click Update to update the item in the Enpass database.
Once you’re done filling the details in a webform, click the Enpass Assistant icon → click on ≡ button → Save Webform. Enpass will detect all the fields and will automatically create an item with the details filled in. You can verify the details and finally
Save the item.