Here you will find all the vault specific settings of Enpass.
To create a new vault, go to Settings → Vaults → Tap on + button → Add the vault name → Tap on Create New > Enter vault password and tap Continue → Verify the vault password on next page → Optionlly you may choose to save this vault password as an item in the Primary vault, otherwise tap Continue. Done.
You can also use a keyfile along with master password to add a second factor in unlocking Enpass.
Once you’ve added a secondary vault, the following settings will appear in the vault settings.
Always Open to¶
This setting will only appear if you’ve multiple vaults in Enpass. Enpass will preserve the vault you select here and will always open this vault every time you execute new instance of Enpass.
- Go to Settings → Vaults → Always Open to and choose the vault of your choice.
Always Save Items to Vault¶
This setting will only appear if you’ve multiple vaults in Enpass. The vault you select here will be used by default to save every new item you create in Enpass. The option to choose vault will also be provided to you while creating the item.
In the Enpass settings, go to Vaults → Always Save Items to Vault → Select vault and done.
Changing Vault settings¶
To manage the settings of any particular vault, go to Settings → Vaults → Choose the vault. You’ll be directed to the Vaults Settings page where you can customize the vault specific settings described below.
Change Vault Password¶
- Tap on the Change password → You’ll be directed to the Authorization screen where you need to enter the master password to authorize yourself → Enter a new password and confirm the password → Tap Done.
- The password of the Primary vault acts as the master password of the Enpass, so changing this password means changing the master password of Enpass.
If you have enabled sync, the new password for Enpass data will get updated to the cloud during the next sync operation. The other devices syncing with that cloud will show error during the next sync attempt.
Set up Sync¶
Following steps will guide you through the cloud sync process:
- Select your cloud from the list. You will be directed to the authentication screen of that cloud. Enter your credentials in its login screen. Grant permissions to the cloud to continue with the sync process. Your data will be synced successfully.
Enpass provides the ability to sync Enpass data locally to any folder on your device. Just tap on the SYNC WITH drop-down bar and select Folder from the list. It will open the local storage directory where you can choose any folder of your choice or even create a new one to sync the Enpass data.
Once you’ve selected the Folder to sync the data, tap on Done. It will automatically sync the data and create a sync_default.walletx file in that folder.
This feature lets you take backup of your vault data on your desktop over Wi-Fi or locally on your device.
Make sure that your device and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi and your device’s screen remains in foreground throughout the following process:
- Tap on over Wi-Fi and you’ll see an IP address of your local network. Use this address in your
- Using a browser on your PC, navigate to this address and you’ll be redirected to Backup Service page from where you can download the backup. Your Enpass backup will be saved in an encrypted format in your PC.
Tap on On Device and choose the location to save your backup in your device. Tap on Done and your data will be saved in the specified location.
You can get the necessary information about the vault from here.
Tap on the options menu (3-dots) button and tap on Show Password. You’ll be asked to authorize yourself by entering the master password of Enpass. After authorization completes, you can see the password of the vault.
Tap on the options menu (3-dots) button and tap on Remove Vault. You’ll be asked to authorize yourself by entering the master password of Enpass. After authorization completes, you’ll see a warning message to ensure removing the vault. You’ll also be provided with an option to save the vault password as an item in Enpass for future reference. Unselect the option if you don’t want to save the password. Tap on Remove button, and done.