Enpass lets you sync your data with other devices through any of the supported clouds, or locally using Wi-Fi or Folder on your device/network. Syncing across Enpss is completely secure as all your data is transmitted in encrypted format, and cryptography is always performed locally on the device itself.
By the term cloud-sync, we mean that your data can be synced with the cloud of your choice (check supported clouds) and not with our server as we don’t store any of your private data.
Sync creates an automatic back-up over the cloud. Hence, you can be reassured of data-restore, in case of device-damage or theft.
Currently, Enpass supports syncing of data across devices through your own account on following clouds.
- Google Drive
- OneDrive (Personal/Business)
Setup Cloud Sync¶
Here are the steps to set up cloud sync in your vault.
Please note that only one vault can be synced with one cloud account at a time. You can not sync multiple vaults with one cloud account. However, you can use multiple accounts of the same cloud, e.g., Dropbox to sync multiple vaults.
With cloudless sync, you can sync your data across devices over a local Wi-Fi/network, or with any folder on your device, without the need of any cloud service.
Wi-Fi Sync in Enpass lets you sync data between devices connected to same network. To use Wi-Fi Sync, you need to start Wi-Fi Sync server from a desktop device on the network and host the vaults from that desktop to which other device on the network can connect and sync. So it’s a two step process–
Wi-Fi Sync in Enpass is a bit complicated, and its functionality depends on your network setup, software, and OS configuration. In case you face any challenges in setting it up flawlessly, head straight to the troubleshooting page.
Enpass lets you sync with any folder, accessible on your device. The folder-sync thus, works as an offline Auto backup feature that takes backup of your data in any folder, as soon as you make changes.
Set up Folder Sync¶
- Tap on the SYNC WITH drop-down bar and select Folder from the list.
- It will open the local storage directory where you can choose any folder of your choice or even create a new one to sync the Enpass data.
Once you’ve selected the Folder to sync the data, tap on Done. It will automatically sync the data and create a sync_default.walletx file in that folder.
- Every time you unlock your Enpass keychain, an auto-sync is initiated. (If Sync is turned on).
- Auto-sync also happens after every 15 secs, while the app is in the foreground.
- When you save any change in item details or master password, Enpass waits for 5 secs and initiates an auto-sync.
Enpass keeps you informed about the latest successful data sync by updating Last Synchronized time stamps.
Time taken in completion of a sync process depends on the data size, i.e, the no. of items and attachments in Enpass.
- Any changes in settings are not synced to cloud (except for the master password).