You can customize an item by adding new fields or editing the pre-existing fields.
Editing field type¶
You can edit field’s label and field’s type of any item as per your requirements.
- Sometimes you might need to add new fields to any item. Following steps will guide you for that.
- While you are at the Edit screen, from the action bar menu, select Add Field.
- Enter the new field’s name and choose the appropriate type. You can also mark the field type to be as Sensitive.
- Finally Save the item to pertain the changes.
We recommend that you keep the Sensitive mode ON for passwords or security answers. This way your passwords, PINs and other similar texts would stay safe from shoulder surfers when you use the app in public places.
You can also re-arrange the order of the fields in an item. * From the action bar menu on Edit screen, select Reorder Fields.
- Hold and drag the fields to Re-arrange them and Save the changes.
- While you are at the Edit screen, tap the label of that field you want to delete. Let’s say you tapped Phone. Field’s details will be loaded on the next screen. You will see a Delete icon. Tap that. A warning message will be displayed for confirmation of deletion. Tap Delete to remove that field. To pertain the changes finally, you need to Save the item as well.
Once you’ve updated any field, its changes get recorded as Field History in Enpass. To see the field history, tap on the field from the details screen > tap on the options menu (3-dots) > tap on History.
Customizing Password Fields¶
Unlike other field types, password field has additional options which allow you to set an expiry date to that particular password and exclude the password from the password audit.
Exclude from Audit¶
- To exclude the password from Password Audit, tap on the Password Field from the Edit screen → Tap on Exclude from Password Audit → Save the field → Save the item.
Set Password Expiry¶
- To set an expiry date to the password, tap on the Password Field from the Edit screen → Enter the number of days → Save the field → Save the item.
To set the expiry date to a password, make sure Exclude from Password Audit option is unchecked.
Sensitive fields are concealed by bullets, so it is recommended to set all the password fields as Sensitive.