Enpass for Apple Watch¶
Enpass for Apple Watch lets you access your frequently required items directly from your wrist.
Enabling Enpass for Apple Watch¶
For setting Enpass for Apple Watch all you need is Enpass App installed on your device (with iOS 8 or above) and an Apple Watch. Also ensure that your device is protected by passcode as you cannot use Enpass for Apple Watch without having that enabled.
- Pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
- Open Enpass on your iPhone. Go to Enpass Settings and select Apple Watch.
- Enable Apple Watch to turn it on.
- Enable PIN code (optional) and use it to unlock Enpass on Apple Watch.
For security reasons we strongly recommend you to create a PIN to unlock Enpass App on Apple Watch.
- Enable Show TOTP Only and Apple Watch will show the TOTP of the item, hiding all other fields.
Installing Enpass on Apple Watch¶
Follow the steps below to install/show Enpass on Apple Watch.
- Open Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to My Watch.
- Scroll down till you see the Enpass app.
- Tap on Enpass and Enable Show App on Apple Watch.
Look at your Apple Watch and you will see Enpass being installed.
- Once Enpass app is enabled for Apple Watch, Enpass automatically creates a folder Watch under sidebar.
- Select Watch folder from the sidebar.
- Tap the + sign.
- You will see various options to add items to Watch folder. You can add existing items or create new item and directly add that into Watch folder. If you want to add existing items, choose Existing items.
- A list of all your existing items will be displayed. You can multi-select the items you want to add into folder and then tap Done.
- All the selected items will be added into the Watch folder and they will be displayed in Enpass for Apple Watch.
Watch folder doesn’t allow to create sub-folders. But you can rename it from Folders. Swipe left on Watch folder and choose Edit. Rename it and tap save.
From the item’s detail screen¶
Click on Add to Watch, and you’d be provided with a list of fields you can share on the Watch. You can manually select/de-select the fields to be shared.
Apple Watch works through the iPhone to which it is paired. It communicates securely only with that device over bluetooth using Apple Watchkit.
Only those items are accessible on Watch which you added to Watch folder for sharing. These shared items are not as secured as rest of the items as they are no more being protected by your master password. Infact they are stored in watch itself, which is protected by your watch os. However, these items do not leave the watch in any case; neither during the backup of iTunes nor of iCloud Keychain.
For extra security you should enable the PIN code for Watch. Otherwise, if anyone gets access to your watch, will be able to see the items stored on it. So one should use Apple watch with great attention and care.
For better security of your data while using Apple Watch, it is advised to
- use a good Device Passcode.
- use a good Enpass Watch PIN Code.
- be careful what you store for watch. Only the frequently used short items like locker code etc.