From Sticky Password¶
This section is for you, if you are using Sticky Password and want to switch to Enpass. If it is so, we thank you for liking Enpass.
Step 1: Export data from Sticky Password¶
Before importing your data from Sticky Password to Enpass, first you need to export your Sticky Password’s data in the .txt unencrypted file format. Usually you need the desktop version for respective software to export your data in unencrypted format.
You must change the App’s language to English for the convenience in importing the data.
Follow these steps to export your data-
- Open Sticky Password App.
- Click on Menu → Export → All items.
- Select .txt file format.
- Choose a name for the .txt file and save it to your desktop.
The data exported to unencrypted file is highly insecure and vulnerable. We recommend that you delete the corresponding .txt file as soon as the importing process is finished.
Step 2: Import data into Enpass desktop¶
Only the desktop version of Enpass can import data from Sticky Password. The process is automatic and very easy.
- Start the Import wizard from File-Import.
- The first step of Import wizard is to select the Sticky Password from the list and click Continue.
- Locate the .txt file containing the exported data. Click Continue.
- The next screen will show all the items detected in the selected file and ready to be imported in Enpass. Have a quick look to check if they are recognized properly. Click Import.
- Importing process will start and will take some time depending upon the number of items being imported.
- The next screen will show Success message with number of items successfully imported in Enpass. Click Done.
Now you must delete the corresponding .txt file as it is unprotected and highly insecure to keep.
- The main screen of Enpass will be displayed with all the recently imported items placed under Import category.
- You are now free to edit them or to change their category by simply dragging and dropping to that particular category.