Enpass is fun to understand and use. Throughout the manual, you will find a few tips, warnings and notes; keep them in mind while using the app.
The Enpass version 5.6.8 for MAC downloaded from our webite supports OS X 10.8 & above, and the one downloaded from Mac App Store supports Yosemite 10.10 & above.
Setting up Enpass¶
|Downloaded from||Browser Extensions||iCloud Sync|
|Enpass Website||Y (OS X 10.8 and above)||N|
|MAC App Store||Y (Yosemite 10.10 and above)||Y|
Now here are the possibilities and their relative ways of setting up the app.
As an existing user¶
If you already use Enpass, you should be having a backup of your data on your system. The welcome screen allows you to directly restore your existing data from local Enpass file on your PC or from a cloud where you synced before or from the Enpass App downloaded from the Mac App Store.
In case you were already using Enpass installed from MAC App store and just installed one offered from our website, your data will be imported using these steps.
- On Welcome screen, click on Restore my existing data.
- On next screen, choose the option to restore your data from.
Migrating data from Enpass of MAC App Store¶
This section is only for those Enpass users who are using MAC App Store version of Enpass and want to migrate existing data to Enpass downloaded from the Website. On the welcome screen you will see one option to migrate your data. Choose that and click Continue.
- On next screen, you will see location of older data. Click Migrate to restore that data into new version of Enpass.
- After successful restore, you will see login screen.
As a new user¶
New users need to set a Master Password first. It is the only password that you’ll have to remember.
- On Welcome screen, click on I am a new Enpass user.
- On next screen, set your master password. Here’s some advice for thinking of a strong master password.
In case you forget your master password, there is no way that we could recover it for you. Hence, make sure that you keep a copy of it in a safe place.