While browsing, Enpass Browser Extension does lot of operations like Autofilling logins and credit cards, updating and saving new logins etc; thus giving a smooth browsing experience in an easy way.
One of the best assistance that Enpass provides you is the freedom to Auto-fill your information with just a single click. No speculation, no typing, no copy/paste required- Enpass does it all for you.
Logins forms are detected by extension on the fly and then the desired information is fetched securely from Enpass Keychain. Autofilling can be done either by the Enpass icon in browser or using the defined shortcut key. See how to use this enormous feature in effortless way:
- Click the Enpass icon from your browser when you reach a login page.
- Enpass will show you the list of all matching login items (already saved) for that domain. Select the one you want to sign in with.
- Login details will be filled-in automatically.
- IMPORTANT : By default Enpass auto-submits your logins after filling the information. This can be disabled for selected items from settings or can be done by editing that particular login.
Autofilling can also be done by using a keyboard shortcut. Use that shortcut on a login page to perform autofilling.
Autofilling Credit Cards¶
Similar to logins, Enpass also detects the credit cards forms on pages those ask for credit-card information.
- Click the Enpass Extension icon and it will show the list of saved credit cards.
- Select the card you want to fill with and Enpass will automatically fill the details.
- IMPORTANT : Credit card information will be filled only if the credit card form is visible to user i.e. scroll the form into visible area.
Keyboard Shortcuts are not supported for credit-card autofilling.
Saving New Logins¶
When you login to any web-page with a new information (not saved in Enpass Keychain), Enpass automatically detects that attempt and prompts to save the information as a new item, and all this without switching to Enpass App.
- Select Save and a new login item with username, password and URL will be saved in Enpass Keychain.
Clicking on Never ask for this site will tell Enpass to not save and prompt you in future for that particular domain. You can add multiple such domains in settings at once.
Search the items saved in Enpass keychain using Extension. Type the text you are looking for in the search bar and Enpass will refine the results for you.
- Select the item you want to sign in with.
- Enpass will open the page in a new tab with the details auto-filled.
By default Enpass performs a deep scan. i.e., the search is performed not just on the titles but on the following details:
- Item Titles.
- Field Values.
- Custom created field-names.
Enpass Extension also shows you the list of 10 recent items visited by you.
Updating Existing Logins¶
When you login to an existing webpage (saved in Enpass Keychain) with a new password, Enpass detects the changes and prompts to update the information. See how to do this:
- Go to the login page and fill the login details.
- Click login and a pop-up will appear asking to Save as a new login.
- Select Update Existing from the drop-down list.
- Click Update to update the item in the Enpass keychain.
- Some Other Attributes:
- Click the Lock icon to manually lock Enpass App and Extension.
- Click the Drop-down icon to select Show or Quit Enpass App and Extension.
Creating Keyboard Shortcut¶
You can create the keyboard shortcut to autofill your login details from the browser itself. To do so, first open the Settings of the browser.
Go to extension section & look for the Enpass extension. Click on the Options.
It’ll land you on a page where you can easily set the keyboard shortcut according to your preferences.
- To set the shortcut in Firefox browser, follow these steps-
Click on menu button (right-top corner)–> click on add-ons –> now go to extension section in the sidebar –> click on preferences –> set shortcut button. That’s all. It’ll land you on a page where you can easily set the keyboard shortcut according to your preferences.
- To set the shortcut in Opera browser, follow these steps-
Click on Opera menu button –> Extensions –> Manage extension –> Click on options. Now it’ll land you on a page where you can easily set the keyboard shortcut according to your preferences.
- To set the shortcut in Vivaldi browser, follow these steps-
Click on Vivaldi icon (menu) –> Tool –> Extensions –> click on options. That’s all. It’ll land you on a page where you can easily set the keyboard shortcut according to your preferences.
Once you’ve created the shortcut from the browser, it’ll revoke the one created from the Enpass Settings, and also, you can not create the shortcut again from the app.