This section is for you, if you are using Lastpass and want to switch to Enpass. If it is so, we thank you for liking Enpass.
Step 1: Export data from Lastpass¶
Before importing your data from Lastpass to Enpass, first you need to export your Lastpass data in the .csv unencrypted file format. Usually you need the desktop version for respective software to export your data in unencrypted format.
Follow these steps to export your data-
- Click the LastPass extension button in the browser.
- Choose More Options > Advanced > Export.
- Select LastPass .csv or .txt File.
- If prompted, enter your LastPass Master Password.
- Choose a name for the file and save it to your desktop.
The data exported to unencrypted file is highly insecure and vulnerable. We recommend that you delete the corresponding .csv or .txt file as soon as the importing process is finished.
Step 2: Import data into Enpass desktop¶
Only the desktop version of Enpass can import data from Lastpass. The process is automatic and very easy.
- Start the Import wizard from
- The first step of Import wizard is to select the Lastpass from the list and click Continue.
- Locate the .csv or the .txt file containing the exported data. Click Continue.
- The next screen will show all the items detected in the selected file and ready to be imported in Enpass. Have a quick look to check if they are recognized properly. Click Import.
- Importing process will start and will take some time depending upon the number of items being imported.
- The next screen will show Success message with number of items successfully imported in Enpass. Click Done.
Now you must delete the corresponding .csv file as it is unprotected and highly insecure to keep.
- The main screen of Enpass will be displayed with all the recently imported items placed under Import category.
- You are now free to edit them or to change their category by simply dragging and dropping to that particular category.