Enpass is fun to understand and use. Throughout the manual, you will find a few tips, warnings and notes; keep them in mind while using the app.
The Enpass version 5.6.8 requires Windows 7 or above.
Setting up Enpass¶
Here are the two possibilities and their relative ways of setting up the app.
As an existing user¶
If you already use Enpass, you should be having a backup of your data on your system. The welcome screen allows you to directly restore your existing data from local Enpass file on your PC or from a cloud where you synced before.
- On Welcome screen, click on Restore my existing data.
- On next screen, choose the option to restore your data from.
On Windows PC, if you have upgraded Enpass from any previous version (older than 4.5.0) then on the welcome screen you will see one more option to migrate your data from older version.
Migrating data from Enpass v4 on Win PC¶
This section is only for those Enpass users on Windows PC who have just upgraded to Enpass 4.5. If so, then on the welcome screen you will see one more option to migrate your data from older version. Choose that and click Continue.
- On next screen, you will see location of older data. Click Migrate to restore that data into new version of Enpass.
- After successful restore, you will see login screen.
As a new user¶
New users need to set a Master Password first. It is the only password that you’ll have to remember.
- On Welcome screen, click on I am a new Enpass user.
- On next screen, set your master password. Here’s some advice for thinking of a strong master password.
In case you forget your master password, there is no way that we could recover it for you. Hence, make sure that you keep a copy of it in a safe place.