From Generic CSV/DSV files¶
A CSV is a comma separated values file, and DSV is a delimiter separated value file, which allows data to be stored in a table structured format. With these files, Enpass lets you import data from other password managers in a simple and efficient way.
The data exported to unencrypted file is highly insecure and vulnerable. We recommend you to delete the corresponding .CSV or .DSV file as soon as the importing process is finished.
Only the desktop version of Enpass can import data from .CSV, .DSV files. The process is automatic and very easy.
- Click on File and select Import from the context menu.
- It’ll open the list of all the supported Password managers. Select Generic CSV/DSV from the list and click on Next.
- Now you’ll be asked to choose the file and its delimiter (comma for .csv files) from which you want to import the data. Click on Choose file.. to select the file from the system and click on Next to continue.
- You’ll be provided with the list of all the items you can import. You first need to select the template type to categorize the items. Click on Select template type and choose the respective template from the drop-down list. Lets say you chose Login, for example.
- Now you need to choose the items using check-boxes to be marked as Login.
- You now have to name each column to be imported in the item. Click on Choose at the top of each column and select the option from the context menu to name that column. Only the columns which you’ve named will only be imported in the item.
- Once you’ve selected the items, click on Import and Continue.
- A pop-up will appear to show you the total number of imported items.