From other password managers¶
This section is for you, if you are using any other password manager and want to switch to Enpass. If it is so, we thank you for liking Enpass.
Step 1: Export data from that password manager¶
Before importing your data into Enpass from the password manager you are using, the first step is to export your data from that password manager in the unencrypted file format as mentioned in the list of supported software. Usually you need the desktop version for respective software to export your data in unencrypted format.
For any help regarding exporting your data in supported file format, please contact the respective vendor.
The data exported to unencrypted file is highly insecure and vulnerable. We recommend that you delete the corresponding .TXT, .CSV, .XML or other unprotected file as soon as the importing process is finished.
Step 2: Import that data into Enpass desktop¶
Only the desktop version of Enpass can import data from other software. The process is automatic and very easy.
- Start the Import wizard from
- The first step of Import wizard is to select the password manager you are already using and have exported the data from as in Step 1. Click Continue.
- Locate the file containing exported data for the selected software. Click Continue.
- The next screen will show all the items detected in the selected file and ready to be imported in Enpass. Have a quick look to check if they are recognized properly. Click Import.
- Importing process will start and will take some time depending upon the number of items being imported.
- The next screen will show Success message with number of items successfully imported in Enpass. Click Done.
NOW you must delete the corresponding .TXT, .CSV, .XML or other unprotected file as they are unprotected and highly insecure to keep.
- The main screen of Enpass will be displayed with all the recently imported items placed under Import category.
- You are now free to edit them or to change their category by simply dragging and dropping to that particular category.