Syncing with Cloud¶
Syncing your data with cloud is not manadatory to use Enpass. It is just an option to ensure that your data stays updated on all your devices, across all platforms. Enpass sync is as much secure as seamless its process is. The syncing of data is always performed offline on device, after the encrypted file is downloaded from remote cloud. Then the new encrypted file is pushed to the cloud.
By the term cloud-sync, we mean that your data can be synced with the cloud of your choice (check supported clouds) and not with our server as we don’t store any of your private data.
Sync creates an automatic back-up over the cloud. Hence, you can be reassured of data-restore, in case of device-damage or theft.
Currently Enpass supports syncing of data across devices through your own account on following clouds where we do not store any of your data on our server.
- Google Drive
- Every time you unlock your Enpass keychain, an auto-sync is initiated. (If Sync is turned on).
- Auto-sync also happens after every 15 secs, while the app is in the foreground.
- When you save any change in item details or master password, Enpass waits for 5 secs and initiates an auto-sync.
- Time taken in completion of a sync process depends on the data size, i.e, the no. of items in your Enpass keychain.
- Any changes in settings are not synced to cloud (except for the master password).
- When existing Enpass users restore their data from the welcome screen of a new device, their auto-sync is switched on, by default.
Enpass keeps you informed about the latest successful data sync (Last synchronized) and the latest check for changes (Last attempt).