Browsing and Autofill¶
Enpass auto-fills your login details on websites while you surf the net. That means, no more copy/paste of sensitive information. By the end of this section, you’d know how to use Enpass to browse through Internet in a seamless and secure manner.
The following real-life examples should be relatable to your online experiences:
- While browsing, you landed on an interesting Twitter profile and now you have to sign-in to follow it.
- You filled a cart while shopping online and you need to sign-in to checkout.
- You need to change your password while on the go.
This list could go on and on! In all the above cases, you’d just have to click on the sign in button and Enpass would pick your login credentials from Enpass keychain and auto-fill them for you. Know more about it:
Enpass Notification provides the easiest way to autofill the logins in Chrome browser and the third party apps. Whenever Enpass finds something to be autofilled on your device, it notifies you with a notification. With just a single tap on the Notification, all your login details would be filled in automatically. Go to Enpass Settings to know more about enabling and using autofill in your device.
Once the Autofill Service is enabled from the Enpass Settings you can autofill your login details in Chrome browser and the third party apps. To Autofill using Notifications, you’ll need the Android version 5.0 or later on your device. Following steps would guide you to use the Notifications.
For Android version 5.0 or later:
- On every login page, you’d see a Enpass Notification icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Swipe down the screen, and click on the Enpass Notification.
- You’d see the Enpass lock-screen. Unlock the keychain by entering master-password.
- Tap on the item, and the details would be filled in automatically.
Using Enpass Keyboard¶
Enpass keyboard helps you to autofill your login details in Chrome browser and the third party apps. With just a single tap on keyboard, all your login details would be filled in automatically. Go to Enpass Settings to know more about enabling and using autofill in your device.
Once the Autofill Service is enabled from the Enpass Settings you can autofill your login details in Chrome browser. In the devices having Android version less than 4.3, Autofill Service is not available and users have to fill in the login details manually. Following steps would guide you to use Enpass keyboard in Chrome browser.
For Android version 4.3 or later:
- First switch to Enpass keyboard, in case if you’re using some other one.
- Now on a login page, click the tap to fill button on the keyboard and unlock the Enpass keychain.
- Tap on the login-item, and the details would be filled in automatically.
- Switch to Enpass keyboard.
- On a login page, click on the tap to fill button and unlock the Enpass Keychain.
- Select the login-item for filling.
- Now tap on the fields in the suggestion bar to fill in the details.
Using Enpass Browser¶
Enpass Browser is the app’s built-in multi-tabbed browser. You can surf the net the same way you’d do with any basic browser, except that it is built right into your password protector, so you don’t need to worry about credential’s theft. The following steps will guide you on how to use the autofill service in Enpass browser.
- Open Enpass Browser by tapping the browser icon located at the top-right corner of your Enpass screen.
- Now Tap on the Autofill button when you reach a login page.
- Enpass would show you a list of all matching credentials (saved by you) for that domain. Select the one you want to sign-in with.
In case, you want to directly login using an item, tap the button that’s to the right of its URL and select Enpass Browser from the list. Every time you tap a URL, you’d be prompted to select a browser and the link will open in a new tab. To avoid this prompt, set your browser preference in Settings.
- IMPORTANT: Enpass browser also lets you autosubmit the login details. You just have to enable auto-submit from the Enpass Browser Settings.