Enpass for Android Wear¶
Enpass for Android Wear Watch lets you access your frequently required items directly from your wrist.
Enabling Enpass for Android Wear Watch¶
For setting Enpass for Android Watch all you need is Enpass App installed on your device (with Android 4.3 and above) and an Android Watch.
- Pair your Android Watch with your Android Phone.
- Open Enpass on your Android Phone. Go to Enpass Settings and select Android Watch.
- Enable Android Watch to turn it on.
- Enable PIN code (optional) and use it to unlock Enpass on Android Watch.
For security reasons we strongly recommend you to create a PIN to unlock Enpass App on Android Watch.
- Enable Show TOTP Only and Android Watch will show the TOTP of the item, hiding all other fields.
- Once Enpass app is enabled for Android Watch, Enpass automatically creates a folder Watch under sidebar.
- Select Watch folder from the sidebar.
- Tap the + sign.
- You will see various options to add items to Watch folder. You can add existing items or create new item and directly add that into Watch folder. If you want to add existing items, choose Existing items.
- A list of all your existing items will be displayed. You can multi-select the items you want to add into folder and then tap Done.
- All the selected items will be added into the Watch folder and they will be displayed in Enpass for Android Watch.
Watch folder doesn’t allow to create sub-folders. But you can rename it from Folders. Swipe left on Watch folder and choose Edit. Rename it and tap save.
Android Watch works through the Android Phone to which it is paired. It communicates securely only with that device over bluetooth using Android Wearable Data Layer API.
Only those items are accessible on Watch which you added to Watch folder for sharing. These shared items are not as secured as rest of the items as they are no more being protected by your master password. Infact they are stored in watch itself, which is protected by your watch os. However, these items do not leave the watch in any case.
For extra security, you should enable the PIN code for Watch. Otherwise if anyone gets access to your watch, will be able to see the items stored on it. So one should use Android watch with great attention and care.